BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

You are a gent Ben. Big respect to you for first of all showing up again when you were proven wrong and secondly for honouring this bet with the forum member. Personally I always thought this deal would go through because we've been on the receiving end so many times and once a player wants the move, it often happens. Stick around on the site, you seem a decent lad :tu:

a repetitive gent maybe? ( smiliee face not sure how to do them on this site) No worries always happy to honour any bets I make.

The judegment I got wrong was that a fellow championship club really was willing to fork out 8 million for him.I honestly could not see that happening. I was right about it going to cost 8 million or above though.

All the best

Ben

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a repetitive gent maybe? ( smiliee face not sure how to do them on this site) No worries always happy to honour any bets I make.

The judegment I got wrong was that a fellow championship club really was willing to fork out 8 million for him.I honestly could not see that happening. I was right about it going to cost 8 million or above though.

All the best

Ben

I too got it wrong; I was still taking the ###### out of Blackburn until yesterday!

God knows what they're thinking paying £8M for him though. He's quality, but £8M is obscene.

8m is a lot of money but if he scores the goals that takes us back into the prem (and therefore the massive new tv deal) he will be a bargain.

If he does well, he could easily fetch over 10m in a couple of years. I suspect the owners are hoping that he can fire us back up and then sell him on in a couple of years for a fat profit.

This is what the owners didn't grasp last season. If they had spent big last summer (and got rid of Kean) we would still be in the prem and have more money in the long run. That false economy now looks like it has hit home. The 'Kean is useless' penny may drop fairly soon as well I reckon.

If we signed another Portugueser who had a great goal scoring record in the Portugeuse third division (a bit like Grabbi had in the Italian lower leagues) then there would be howls of derision. For some reason because he has signed from and English club a lot of fans accept it far more readily.

When Best is fit whoever picks the team is going to have a real job fitting all these players into a conventional system.

Ummm, it's because we've actually seen this guy play, that's why we can make an informed opinion. Best up top with Rhodes, Murphy and Etutu in the middle, Olsson (preferably the real one, if not the other one) and Kazim on the wings.

And after Hoillett, Jones and anyone else decent left us....it's the "she wasn't that good-looking anyway" spurned teenager syndrome

You tend to talk quite a bit of nonsense but I'll bite, the ones who weren't upset with Hoilett leaving didn't really rate him anyway.....Jones? Don't remember anything like that or indeed for any other player.....Santa Cruz yea because he wasn't the same player anyway and had injury problems.....how we've reacted as a fanbase to our best players leaving is nothing like H'field with Rhodes or Van Persie with his only 1 decent season anyway and Arsenal fans.

The credit facility is secured against Venky's assets not Rovers, and the parachute payments will cover Rovers even if they don't go straight back up. If they do go up they'll be rolling in money with the new PL TV money.

We've still got Kean in charge at the moment but investing in Rhodes could mean if we falter he'll be out as they've got a lot riding on getting back up. I've got to be optimistic about this as although it's a lot of money, that lot of money means it's more of a gamble for Venky's and a statement of intent. I just can't see Kean being at the club if we start dropping points (which we almost likely will do with the way we're playing).

That's how I see it and is the main reason I am happy with this transfer.... incidentally, does anyone know if Burnley got parachute payments after they were relegated or did they not exist at the time?

Yak did score lots last season - in the premiership.

I see Rhodes as our Yak and Kazim as our Hoilett......we can't get players up the pitch because no-one is holding it up well enough, Rhodes will do that.

This lad could easily end up being another Jermaine Beckford. He scored goals for fun in League One (72 goals in 116 games) but couldn't hack in the PL and looks like he can't hack it in the Championship either.

£8 million is just an insane risk. We could have almost guaranteed promotion if we'd spread that across the whole of the team on a few different players.

Beckford is lazy and has a poor first touch....can't really compare the 2 imo.......in terms of a similar player, style wise, I would personally compare Rhodes to Jelavic, two-footed, good in the air, excellent movement.......I heard a few English people being wary of Jelavic as he had come from the Scottish League (and before that the Austrian one) but he scored goals straight away in the Prem as his movement is quality and he's just a natural goalscorer.

Looks like Martin Olsson is staying so we can play either of the Olsson twins on the left too.

Jinxed.

Lets hope this signing speeds up Keans departure from the club, a couple of losses now and surely he's gone, starting at Leeds on Saturday I'd wager, they'll be 'reet up fer it' them Yorkies.

God knows what they're thinking paying £8M for him though. He's quality, but £8M is obscene.

Lets not forget The 2013/14 TV deal is the richest ever. Venkys undoubtedly have their eyes on that.

Venkys are gambling on him getting us promoted and them the new and improved TV money.

If that happens, 8M (in installments remember) will seem like a cheap deal.

Hi,

All done details:

Receipt

Payment details Order Reference 18469 Date of Payment 30/08/2012 Time of Payment 14:17 Total Amount Paid £20.00 Payment Method Delta Online Donation Form Reference Number 208373 Amount Paid £20.00

I donated 20 rather than 10 as it was the first option.

Thank you very much.

If you're coming over to the Rovers v Huddersfield game at Ewood please allow me to uy you a pint

People are honestly still claiming we were harsh in our treatment of Clark?

3 years and massive resources, and he couldn't get us up. It took Grayson 19 games and one loan signing.

Also, we didn't get him sacked. There was never any chanting to get rid of him, or banners or any of that. A few wanted him sacked, the majority understood the decision and backed our chairman, and a few were against the sacking, but have now gone rather quiet.

Yep annoying isn't it when rival fans start making judgements about things they know nothing about, apart from what the mainstream media tells them.

I think you missed the point to my post.

Yep annoying isn't it when rival fans start making judgements about things they know nothing about, apart from what the mainstream media tells them.

I think you missed the point to my post.

If that was what you were trying to display, fair enough.

I read it as fighting fire with fire.

I've just read the burnley report. ıI think you'll enjoy it.

Absolutely brilliant!!

It really is well worth checking out the burnley match report! "I like cheeseburgers".

Still a class act that website - it's been years since I last looked. Saved to favourites.

All the best ben. £8m and rising. To play for Kean? The world's gone mad.

Archived