BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

im really excited about this deal. indeed, it is a gamble when we whack up 8 mill on a single player, but if we are serious in our hopes to get a direct promotion then i guess this is one way to do it. additionally this puts extra pressure on kean. hopefully kean is able to create a simple yet effective tactic that will get the most out of rhodes. at present we probably got the strongest squad in the league, lets hope we live up to it!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see the defence Burnley got promoted on?

I don't think we need any more midfielders.

We definitely don't need MORE midfielders, we probably need less. What we do need is a manager who can set up a team that can retain possession, but that could be mistaken for needing another decent midfielder. Or to play the decent ones we have. Pedersen, Etuhu, N'Zonzi, Murphy, Vukcevic, Olsson, Formica and possibly Nunes would do a fine job in this league if they were given the proper direction, but not much chance of that under Kean.

Comparing our defence with what Burnley had a couple of years ago is a little pointless, since on paper you'd think we had a reasonable defence, but in practice it doesn't look quite that way. Dann is an accident waiting to happen, Hanley is pretty raw, we have no decent left-back and we haven't settled on a right-back. Givet is practically holding down the fort on his own. If we don't have another decent defender onboard before the end of the transfer window then we can only pray that Givet stays fit, because if he doesn't we'll be stuck with a backline that made MK Dons' depleted side look like Chelsea.

I know how modern football works. Modern football is the very reason we find ourselves in this state. I suppose I just do not understand how anybody can get excited about transfers while this mob are the ones who are in charge of the money. It dosn't exactly fill me with confidence that Venkys have somehow found 8 mil and layed it all out on one player. It dosn't fill me with confidence because they are idiots not to be trusted with 10 quid never mind 8 million.

I feel for Huddersfield because they are seeing a player they have brought through, turn around and head to a team that is in absolute crisis and is in the same ###### division as them. Yeah he might break his leg at Town or get relegated with them, but he might break his leg on his debut and go down with us. We have just been beaten easily by MK Dons, they aren't even a real football team.

He might turn out to be a good signing, but for 8 mil you can't deny he's a big gamble and big gambles are exactly what we don't need right now. So forgive me if I don't immidiately point and laugh at a Huddersfield fan for daring to suggest Rhodes whould be better off with them and holding out hope that the lad might see sense, because at the present time we are a shambles on and off the pitch. Why anybody would join Venkys, even for more money is an absolute mystery to me.

Excellent post Kei! I really do know how you feel, and I feel exactly the same. I also feel very sorry for the Huddersfield fans.....as someone has already said we have had this done to us many times before and it is both frustating and sickening from a fans point of view.

IF this goes through Ben deserves all the ribbing he gets (not that we'd ever see him on here again.) Smug as they come.

No he doesn't. Your remark is completely uncalled-for......Have YOU never felt desperately unhappy on any of the many occasions that we Rovers fans have found ourselves hoping against hope that one of our star players is about to be tempted away by some "big" club offering a high wage and longer contract? It has happened so many times in my era as a Rovers fan, and I know how the HTFC fans are feeling right now. Show a little humanity!!

can we not save all the negativity for kean and give the lad (rhodes) a chance

Plus 1. Someone has made a bold move which shows a commitment to get us out of here. Best was a bold move Richards a bold move, both injured so rather than complain about bad luck they have strengthened still further. Plus the competetion for upfront will be strong and that will help people like Goodwillie

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=028de8672d5f9a229f15e9edf&id=f2489d606e&e=95e160cb45

Your choice. I remain half full in spite of all that has happened. Someone has woken up and time is now.

No he doesn't. Your remark is completely uncalled-for......Have YOU never felt desperately unhappy on any of the many occasions that we Rovers faans have found ourselves hoping against hope that one of our star players is about to be tempted away by some "big" club offering a high wage and longer contract? It has happened so many times in my era as a Rovers fan, and I know how the HTFC fans are feeling right now. Show a little humanity!!

Have you ever went and registered on another forum of a club linked with one of our big guns to list 10 milions billion zillion reasons why its not going to happen?? didnt think so,,,he was gettin a great kick out of it! Pulling info out of his hole and acting like huddersfield were a pull draw for a player while we should be so lucky to get one of there players...do me a favour...ben deserves the lot and all the 'best of luck with him and for the upcoming season' bull wont wash with me...just an attempt to save face...

Good lad Jordan come to ewood and forget that MASSIVE club you left..i know it will be hard but we will try our best to live up tp the mighty Huddersfield with bags of money!!

No he doesn't. Your remark is completely uncalled-for......Have YOU never felt desperately unhappy on any of the many occasions that we Rovers fans have found ourselves hoping against hope that one of our star players is about to be tempted away by some "big" club offering a high wage and longer contract? It has happened so many times in my era as a Rovers fan, and I know how the HTFC fans are feeling right now. Show a little humanity!!

Course I have mate but before it happened I didn't go endlessley spouting off on those teams message boards making cash bets left right and centre about how there was NO WAY any of those deals were EVER going to happen.

Guy made himself look like a plank and he deserves (and fair play has been taking) a bit of banter. Jeeze. Chill out.

There have clearly been some major shifts in the background compared to last season.

Who could have imagined we'd conduct or record transfer deal, and one that would appear to have Anderson nowhere in sight.

Shebby cannot have been aware of Rhodes from his pundit's seat in Singapore. My theory is that Shebby has talked to our scouts, sidelined under Kean remember, and gone with their top reco. Shebby is also Balaji's man and I reckon Balaji has put his hand in his pocket for this one. Who would lend us 8 million when our income has fallen off a cliff?

As to why didn't they do this last year, the big change is that last year, for whatever reason, Kean held a lot more sway and he will have been telling them it wasn't needed.

Results or bust now for Kean, which means we can't lose either way.

Shebby may not be anyone's idea of who we want in charge, his value is that he is more symbolic of a shift in thinking and power, without which we were definitely doomed.

One hell of a gamble but 'on paper' with Richards,Rhodes and Best we have the potential to rip this league apart.

Time will tell.

Not under this manager and his terrible tactics they won't SG.

Spoke to a supplier yesterday and I quote:

"Blackburn are easily the worst side to visit MK Dons in the past 3 seasons that I've been going"

Says it all.

Not under this manager and his terrible tactics they won't SG.

Spoke to a supplier yesterday and I quote:

"Blackburn are easily the worst side to visit MK Dons in the past 3 seasons that I've been going"

Says it all.

Looking at mk dons fixtures from last year alone i can safely tell you your supplier is talking out of his arse.

Blimey. We've bloody done it! We've signed him.

Never thought we would (or were serious) delighted to be wrong.

This has the potential to be a very exciting signing, but my excitement is tempered by fears over how he will or will not be used.

1.Im not sure we have the players capable of creating many chances for him.

2.From the views of the Hudds fans, he's a penalty box player, who cant play upfront on his own, needs a strong pacey partner to bring out the best in him.

Those are the two biggest worries.

Archived