BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

This lad could easily end up being another Jermaine Beckford. He scored goals for fun in League One (72 goals in 116 games) but couldn't hack in the PL and looks like he can't hack it in the Championship either.

£8 million is just an insane risk. We could have almost guaranteed promotion if we'd spread that across the whole of the team on a few different players.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote from a work mate made me laugh: "Have you bid £8 million for Jordan Rohdes or £8 million to buy the whole of Huddersfield Town FC?"

Personally I'm very happy with the signing, but need 1 more pacey player out wide. Big big gamble, I'd imagine he's got a non promotion clause on him so that we recapture what we paid.

Kazim ?

Personally I'm very happy with the signing, but need 1 more pacey player out wide. Big big gamble, I'd imagine he's got a non promotion clause on him so that we recapture what we paid.

I've no idea how we are paying for this guy and I'm sure Huddersfield need to be wondering the same thing too. However I'd not like to entrust this young man under the charge of Steve Kean. It's like asking Mr Bean to drive a Formula 1 car. I might be wrong but I think this lads career will now be put on hold only to be resurrected when he moves on for inevitably less money.

Kazim ?

Looks like Martin Olsson is staying so we can play either of the Olsson twins on the left too.

Marcus seems to be one of our better players this year, his shortcomings are less obvious in this league where most players struggle with their final ball.

£8 million is just an insane risk. We could have almost guaranteed promotion if we'd spread that across the whole of the team on a few different players.

My way would have been to employ a manager with some pull and we may just get players cheaper because they want to come here.

I hope we'll be lining up like this:

....................... Robinson

Ribeiro .... Dann ...... Givet ... Mn Olsson

................ Murphy .... Etuhu

... Kazim .......... Gomes ...... Ms Olsson

........................ Rhodes

Quite a few players can play in Gomes' position, depending on the opposition. For example, Leeds away I probably wouldn't start him there.

Just play 442, every player knows the system inside out. 4231 will need coaching and that involves Kean.

Gomes alongside Rhodes as a striker for me, with Best taking his place once injured.

I still feel we desperatly need full-backs we don't have a single one, as everyone even Orr hasn't played there their whole careers and it shows.

Robbo

Riberio Hanley Givet New One

Vuckevic Murphy Etuhu The Real Olsson

Gomes Rhodes

Simple, low Kean involvement and should get the best out of Rhodes as Gomes will help his development and has vision.

Looks like Martin Olsson is staying so we can play either of the Olsson twins on the left too.

Marcus seems to be one of our better players this year, his shortcomings are less obvious in this league where most players struggle with their final ball.

Are you basing Martin Stayin on naything or just the fact its all quiet regards him moving on?

Agree.

Looked good against Leicester and can do a good job at LW

Just play 442, every player knows the system inside out. 4231 will need coaching and that involves Kean.

Gomes alongside Rhodes as a striker for me, with Best taking his place once injured.

I still feel we desperatly need full-backs we don't have a single one, as everyone even Orr hasn't played there their whole careers and it shows.

Robbo

Riberio Hanley Givet New One

Vuckevic Murphy Etuhu The Real Olsson

Gomes Rhodes

Simple, low Kean involvement and should get the best out of Rhodes as Gomes will help his development and has vision.

What about Henley?? thoughts?

Honestly, from what I have seen of Adam Henley he looks the real deal. He more than held his own at Anfield and OT, yet he doesn't get a game ahead of Bradley Orr/Ribeiro/Lowe/Marcus Olsson at FB.

Strange.

This lad could easily end up being another Jermaine Beckford. He scored goals for fun in League One (72 goals in 116 games) but couldn't hack in the PL and looks like he can't hack it in the Championship either.

Thing being it's probably worth £8mil to get promoted and then we can sell him if he's not good anyway and recoup some of the money and be in the Premier League.

We don't need an overhaul of players so it doesn't appear to be an 'insane risk' to me. One thing we are missing is a goalscorer. A few others come good in midfield to provide service (and Kazim moving back there to help out) and we'll be laughing. It's only 3 games in and there's no reason why that improvement can't happen in the future. It might not, but the potential is there so it's certainly not 'insane'.

Give him a fortune to spend, thinking that you might sack him is great news? The sensible way* if they weren't sure of Kean would have been to bring in a manager who they knew they had confidence in and give him the cash to spend. Giving it to Kean or Shebby isn't great news to my thinking.

Admittedly, sensible and Venky's has never been used in the same sentence.

His remarks about MGP aside I like Shebby and it now looks certain he's pulling the strings = bad news for Kean.

Are you basing Martin Stayin on naything or just the fact its all quiet regards him moving on?

Just based on it all going quiet and Aston Villa signing another left back.

Not sure who else would take him at this stage. Still expect N'Zonzi to move on.

We sold on Kuqi for £3mil for goodness sake. This league is no stranger to inflated prices for strikers. Burnley paid a fair wack for Fletcher too when they were in this division. The second league pays quite a bit nowadays.

Point to note,

Young Tom,

Shame on you closing this thread,(Banter) We always said the deal would happen, glad its finally about to be wrapped up. Been a long chase, but one i'm sure will prove to worth waiting for.

British striker who is used to hustle n bustle and knows where the net is,

Is it really a big fee in todays Market? we was paying £5 Million for a striker 18 years ago. He is 2 from 2 this season in the Championship.

Had we paid peanuts for a striker like Luke Moore people would of been disappointed, had we got someone like Wickham on loan, people would of seen this as a cheap option, especially if someone comes in tomorrow with massive bids for some of our players.

No one has bid for our players yet, but we have took the gamble on this. All players are a gamble but I for one are really excited about this deal, and I usually find something to moan about

its a case of damned if the do damned if they dont Glen , Venky's Kean etc will never get any credit for making a good decision and who can blame us

Thing being it's probably worth £8mil to get promoted and then we can sell him if he's not good anyway and recoup some of the money and be in the Premier League.

We don't need an overhaul of players so it doesn't appear to be an 'insane risk' to me. One thing we are missing is a goalscorer. A few others come good in midfield to provide service (and Kazim moving back there to help out) and we'll be laughing. It's only 3 games in and there's no reason why that improvement can't happen in the future. It might not, but the potential is there so it's certainly not 'insane'.

But we don't know he can score goals in this league. We think he can, but we don't know for sure. Again, I point to Jermaine Beckford.

For £8 million we could have bought a striker that we know can score goals in this league.

You say "sell him" as if that'd be an easy thing to do. If he doesn't maintain his scoring ratio from League One then we'll be stuck with him for the duration of the contract - nobody else will pay the £35k a week we are for someone who isn't outstanding in this league.

It's a massive risk. It could pay off but it's still a massive risk.

So all we need is a goalscorer and someone to supply him from midfield?

How many clean sheets did we keep last season? We've managed one in four games this season, and that was only because Hull made an effort to be worse than us. A centre-half and a left-back might be an idea too. So if we start looking for a striker, a midfielder, a left-back and a centre-half then even spending £8m across the squad might not have done the trick.

Just based on it all going quiet and Aston Villa signing another left back.

Not sure who else would take him at this stage. Still expect N'Zonzi to move on.

Yeah i hear ye...id be very happy if he stayed, might lower his ego too but tomorrow wouldnt suprise me if spurs/newcastle/sunderland nip in for him..

Nzonzi prob go on loan at the least..would happily keep him regardless of his attitude but if we held onto both we would surely have the strongest squad in the league and be pushing for promotion...just one problem...COCO!!

• Backroom

Point to note,

Young Tom,

Shame on you closing this thread,(Banter)

Quiet you

I did everyone a favour and saved days of 'I'm telling you Dean won't sell' you should be thanking me! :P maybe even praising me

So all we need is a goalscorer and someone to supply him from midfield?

How many clean sheets did we keep last season? We've managed one in four games this season, and that was only because Hull made an effort to be worse than us. A centre-half and a left-back might be an idea too. So if we start looking for a striker, a midfielder, a left-back and a centre-half then even spending £8m across the squad might not have done the trick.

Did you see the defence Burnley got promoted on?

I don't think we need any more midfielders.

Honestly, from what I have seen of Adam Henley he looks the real deal. He more than held his own at Anfield and OT, yet he doesn't get a game ahead of Bradley Orr/Ribeiro/Lowe/Marcus Olsson at FB.

Strange.

Archived