BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to say somehting similar Kamy, might be me being Naive, but why "must@ we get promoted this season if next year's income will be the same as this seasons?

For me we have a 2 year window to get back up, after that then yes we could be in trouble.

The worry for this signing is;

A. We have a dog**** manager still

B. As others have said, give him chances and he will score.... where are the chances coming from? We're hardly abundant in the chance creating stakes.

Still, he's by far and away the most exciting signing the club has made in years, and yes i'm including Goodwillie and Young Chris Smalling.

I don't think this will prove to be money well spent. Rhodes looks to lack pace to me. I don't expect him to hit the ground running with our team he seems used to good service to make his goals and very rarely seems to create the chances himself from the you tube clips i've seen. Happy to be proven wrong....

Shame?

Ewood Spark has (now proven he has) little better to do with his time than wind up "his fellow" Rovers supporters. I bet he had a right old giggle compiling his little list.

I think it was also he who coined the phrase "tremblers" to describe those concerned about Kean and Venkys.

I can't believe Rhodes will cost £8m up front and is on PL wages. I'm hoping that Cryer got his information from Ogden or HTAFC - who may have reasons to peddle that number to save face with their own fans.

If we have spent £8m (basic) then there are at least a couple of burning questions:

1) Where the FUDGE is the money coming from??

2) Why didn't we go after a striker FROM the PL - proven at this level - and for less money?? What would Billy Sharp have cost, for instance?

Oh and a third, why the hell didn't we do this last season - or even in January?? (I'm sure the change of bank is simply coincidence). :rolleyes:

May as well make it 4: who's his agent? And what links do they have with Rovers? Any agent on a percentage would be delighted to see the fee end up so high...

For me one of the most significant aspects of this deal is that Venkys have finally thrown a lot of money at a transfer. If Kean doesn't get results he will surely be fired especially with Shebby advising them.

I just think its fairly perverse that our squad is now significantly better than it was this time last season...

Ewood Spark has (now proven he has) little better to do with his time than wind up "his fellow" Rovers supporters. I bet he had a right old giggle compiling his little list.

I think it was also he who coined the phrase "tremblers" to describe those concerned about Kean and Venkys.

I can't believe Rhodes will cost £8m up front and is on PL wages. I'm hoping that Cryer got his information from Ogden or HTAFC - who may have reasons to peddle that number to save face with their own fans.

If we have spent £8m (basic) then there are at least a couple of burning questions:

1) Where the FUDGE is the money coming from??

2) Why didn't we go after a striker FROM the PL - proven at this level - and for less money?? What would Billy Sharp have cost, for instance?

Oh and a third, why the hell didn't we do this last season - or even in January?? (I'm sure the change of bank is simply coincidence). :rolleyes:

May as well make it 4: who's his agent? And what links do they have with Rovers? Any agent on a percentage would be delighted to see the fee end up so high...

His dad, Ex pro and GK coach is his agent!!

So, now that we're spunking 8m on a player yet to score at this level, lets play the Kean game!!!

So which player will he be compared too???

I'll plump for he's the Scottish Micheal Owen.

He scored against the Dingles at the weekend

In terms of money we also have to remember that we will be getting £3.5-£6 million for Junior, plus there are certain to be some players leaving (Goodwillie et al.) in addition to the money we have received in terms of second instalments from the Jones/Kalanic transfers, the £12 million from Samba transfer plus the huge wage savings that we made from culling of big earners last season means there is certainly money there to be spent and lots of wiggle room in the wage budget. It still means that we need to get up certainly within 2 seasons and certainly that Kean needs to produce results.

Two more portugese guys or someone else?

I don't know the names but they are "British".

When were we due the rest of the jones money? Maybe that's where this has come from.

Asked earlier if this was a championship record fee. Someone mentioned Walcott to arsenal. I'm pretty sure arsenal weren't in the championship. I'm aware that clubs have gone from the champ to prem for more. Wolves have just sold 2 for more than £8m. I was referring to a championship club buying a player. Surely this is a record in these circumstances.

It's a record fee between championship clubs according to SSN

None of it makes sense, except the green eyed greed monster rearing it's ugly head all round once again..

If Coco wasn't such a moron and we weren't owned by a bunch of inbreds then I might get a bit excited... However, as it is, it feels like the country bumpkins have been sold a blinged-up Land-Rover with shiny wheels in the hope it might cut it at a the races against real rich kids & old money supercars.

How long before the wheels fall off?

6 weeks. And counting....

Massive risk at £8M but I'm pretty sure he'll do the business at least in this league. This changes a few of things about Venky's but they've got a hell of a lot of bridges to repair, the first one being sacking Kean and replacing him with a very good manager to make up for it. We then need guaranteed promotion and regular investments in every transfer window, do all this and they might just get a few people coming round, a hell of a long way to go and what they've done in the past 2 years doesn't fill me with much hope.

"I don't know the names but they are "British".

Do you know what positions they play? Are they Loans? It has been widely reported that we would only add more players if there were to be exits so who/IF anybody is going. can we presume ollson with i.e Warnock coming in etc... Is Dann on the way out to QPR???? Any thoughts....

Archived