• Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help feeling that Ben could be posting a video similar to this soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

But they said they wouldn't sell him to another team in the league

But they said they wouldn't sell him so close to the deadline

But they said it had to be £8m upfront

Why......

I'm sure Pompey fans said something similar when they were splashing the cash.

We are hardly spending on the scale Pompy did, surly the 6 million compo from the sales of Junior and the money from the petrovic sale aswel as the money from our relagation will cover an initial fee of a rumoured 5million for the Rhodes transfer, as I said I think a lot of our "fans" are in the mind set that what ever venkys do to put us in a stronger place than we currently are isn't going to be good enough for them ! And that's one of the problems with the club at the moment

robotpe.jpg

Sorry.

Hahahaha brilliant !

was my thinking too, just don't see the venkys funding this gotta worry about what is being leveraged.

mental money in this division wjith this manager.

decent player but can the portugese rabble do much to supply him

WHERE ARE THE DEFENDERS

KEAN OUT

I think the cost is closer to Nicko's 9.5 million than Glen9Mullan's 6.5 million.

Anything in that range is too much IMO.

Lose at Leeds & Bristol and think Kean will be under the hugest of pressures. Too much now at stake for Venky's, really is sh1t or bust.

Whilst it may or not be ###### or bust for Venkys it definitely will be for Rovers.

spot on we are in danger of doing a pompey in a more spectacular fashion than they did themselves. At least their fans had a degree of succes and an FA cup win to show for all the money splashed to be positive about for a little while.

Now we know Rhodes is a Shebby signing and at that money, Kean had better play him or he will be out on his arse, Venkys arent spending that money for nothing!!

This really is promotion or bust!

Interesting that Venky's have backed Shebby on this, and quite big. If Kean doesn't deliver he's screwed as he must show promotion form. Compensation is nothing compared to the megabucks that promotion will bring and it seems that Venky's have those £££'s in their sights. I just don't know why they don't get rid of him now.

Tighten up at the back, I have no problems with our defence when givet plays... He makes up for others short comings! So I hope we concede no more that 1 at Leeds. Rhodes can score for us and we'll win. Cue berating!

Tighten up at the back, I have no problems with our defence when givet plays... He makes up for others short comings! So I hope we concede no more that 1 at Leeds. Cue berating!

Its the teams overall defensive game thats poor, givet and dann are looking good together and i think complement each other well, but are fullbacks are more attack minded and physically weak, Etuhu and Murphy dont seem to know which of them is supposed to be playind the holding midfield role so they both keep dropping deeper and deeper throughout the game, basically the theirs no system so the players dont know there roles.

Its the teams overall defensive game thats poor, givet and dann are looking good together and i think complement each other well, but are fullbacks are more attack minded and physically weak, Etuhu and Murphy dont seem to know which of them is supposed to be playind the holding midfield role so they both keep dropping deeper and deeper throughout the game, basically the theirs no system so the players dont know there roles.

That's not to mention our complete lack of presence either defensively or on attack from our " wingers ".

Irony of ironies.

Scores against Burnley on his last game for HTFC - his first game for Blackburn is against....

(shame really, I was looking forward to seeing Rhodes at his former club)

He's already a legend!

That's not to mention our complete lack of presence either defensively or on attack from our " wingers ".

Will Kazim not be playing on the wing when he's fit/now we have a striker?

Bit more clarity on the deal from Town:

Paul Ogden@pauloggy

#htafc /JRHODES - Those reports are TRUE. Jordan has decided he wants to leave, for double wages and 4 year deal. Cost to BRFC £8million +

We can assume 2 things: 1) BRFC made JR that dreaded "offer he might never get again" and 2) htafc finally got them to agree his true value

To clarify: BRFC HAVE MADE JR the kind of offer we've been dreading (ie Prem League-level wages) and then persuaded #htafcto sell for £8m

#htafc/JR (FINAL): £8m is UPFRONT, with add-ons to come. Replacements ? DJ Campbell on "possibles" shopping list but NOT done deal (yet).

Bit more clarity on the deal from Town:

Paul Ogden@pauloggy

#htafc /JRHODES - Those reports are TRUE. Jordan has decided he wants to leave, for double wages and 4 year deal. Cost to BRFC £8million +

We can assume 2 things: 1) BRFC made JR that dreaded "offer he might never get again" and 2) htafc finally got them to agree his true value

To clarify: BRFC HAVE MADE JR the kind of offer we've been dreading (ie Prem League-level wages) and then persuaded #htafcto sell for £8m

#htafc/JR (FINAL): £8m is UPFRONT, with add-ons to come. Replacements ? DJ Campbell on "possibles" shopping list but NOT done deal (yet).

I know you are just relaying information but I guarentee Venkys wont be paying 8 million upfront for anyone.

I more likely to believe its 3 million upfront with certain clauses being met driving it up to 8 million over four years.

I have to echo most peoples sentiments here, Get rid of Kean and we have a real chance of earning automatic promotion. I'm ecstaic about this deal. If results really do start to go badly, Kean will have nowhere to hide given the amount of money spent to assemble this squad (and retain key players).

Archived