BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

LOL, brilliant.

Even if the deal doesn't come on. There is great entertainment reading the Huddersfield board in full meltdown http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=72182&page=3

I always hate reading other teams messageboards, we are being run down as a small club compared to Huddersfield?! Yes we have a bad manager and bad owners but we have always been superior, we have always been

a biggish club with good traditions.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of you are showing up as being hypocrites now.

EIGHT MILLION for a League One proven player. I thought everyone was concerned about the finances? You do realize that if this goes through, we probably HAVE to go up to avoid administration.

The problem is we're still ###### poor under Kean and do not create enough chances for our strikers to put away. We also like to isolate a striker up top and offer him no support so can't see Rhodes improving us that much until Kean goes and the team is set-up properly for the first time in nearly 2 years!

However, this will be the case for the majority of signings we make under Kean and I much prefer for us to be signing Rhodes than some kid from the Portuguese branch of Venky's Xprs.

EIGHT MILLION for a League One proven player. I thought everyone was concerned about the finances? You do realize that if this goes through, we probably HAVE to go up to avoid administration.

Totally spot on. It is promotion or bust for rovers. No matter who we sign. If kean is the manager, it is BUST.

The problem is we're still ###### poor under Kean and do not create enough chances for our strikers to put away. We also like to isolate a striker up top and offer him no support so can't see Rhodes improving us that much until Kean goes and the team is set-up properly for the first time in nearly 2 years!

However, this will be the case for the majority of signings we make under Kean and I much prefer for us to be signing Rhodes than some kid from the Portuguese branch of Venky's Xprs.

Even if he comes and he scores. there will still be chants of were winning, but still want kean out etc.

Yeah but surely we must have a bit of coin from the second Jones installment to put towards it? Plus some from the Bunn deal. Also we may have a departure or two before the window shuts. But then again that's too logical for Venky's and he's probably being paid for on the tick.

Hi,

I am about. Currently enjoying a few beers in Kadikoy. If am happy to place the £10 bet that i did previously that Jordan Rhodes will still be at Town comw the end of the transfer window.

As regards who I am. Look me up on datm i have the same user name.

Totally spot on. It is promotion or bust for rovers. No matter who we sign. If kean is the manager, it is BUST.

Even if he comes and he scores. there will still be chants of were winning, but still want kean out etc.

Rovers' 'normal' turnover in 2012/13, before parachute payments, will be about 10 million; parachute payments will take this to about 26 million.

Wages, bonus and social security costs for Murphy, Best, Etuhu, Gomes and Rhodes will, IMO, be not far short of 12 million.

Some jested when I said not too long ago that Rovers' losses for 2012/13 could, conceivably, be in the 20 to 30 million range.

How can he have agreed personal terms if the fee isn't agreed? Surely we shouldn't be able to offer him anything until htfc give us the go ahead to talk to him? I know it's through his agent but surely it's against the rules?

If sky are coming out with that then I'm sure that a deal won't be far behind

I've seen it happen quite a few times to be fair.....it's not that uncommon I don't think......someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I have seen it at least a few times.

I very much doubt you'll get 8m straight up for him. Seen on that link to the HTFC forum that fans were discussing Celtic. They won't pay 8m that's for sure. Plus what would be the point its not like they need to make their squad stronger with Rangers not being in the league.

If he's going anywhere he's coming us or a PL outfit.

You're right saying Celtic won't pay that much, they could if they wanted but don't take big risks like that.......they need to make their squad stronger for the Champions League, 3-0 up on aggregate at the moment.....and they need a big, target man striker as Hooper doesn't play that role and Samaras isn't prolific enough and is better suited to the left wing......also to help convince their better players to stay they need to strengthen, as well as attracting more fans to games as the high prices on tickets and concessions mean attendances are a bit lower than they probably should be......also Rhodes himself is a self-proclaimed Celtic fan so I'd imagine he would love to play for them.

Hi,

I am about. Currently enjoying a few beers in Kadikoy. If am happy to place the £10 bet that i did previously that Jordan Rhodes will still be at Town comw the end of the transfer window.

I'll hold you to that bet, just make a donation to The Alzheimer's Society, cheers

Yeah but surely we must have a bit of coin from the second Jones installment to put towards it? Plus some from the Bunn deal. Also we may have a departure or two before the window shuts. But then again that's too logical for Venky's and he's probably being paid for on the tick.

Petrovic money too.

Samba money?

Hi,

THE LAST STAND!

which in my eyes means kean is closer to getting sacked. No way they are spending this kind of money and don't expect results

Sky Sports News has just helpfully reported that it understands Rhodes is to have a medical at Ewood tomorrow.

Plenty of opportunity now for a Premiership Club to steam in and gazump the deal but maybe it's a bit closer?

Sensational coup if it comes off imo.

Then all we'll need is a manager.

Archived