BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

If this goes through will it be a championship transfer record?

No, Walcott was 5mil rising to 12mil, with Gunners striking a compromise deal for 9.3mil. I also think that both Curtis Davies and Gareth Bale (both officially undisclosed fees) would be more than the reported 3m + 5m for Rhodes. I think Davies was reported at around 12mil if memory serves correctly.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to echo most peoples sentiments here, Get rid of Kean and we have a real chance of earning automatic promotion. I'm ecstaic about this deal. If results really do start to go badly, Kean will have nowhere to hide given the amount of money spent to assemble this squad (and retain key players).

Just a quick thought if this signing is indeed a Shebby signing, then couldn't Kean use it as a reason as to why he may be performing badly?!

He could just say that he had identified different targets etc.

A tweet from Paul Ogden is almost as good as a tweet from Town

Apparently the figures being reported by the BBC etc were from earlier on in the day

I doubt we have 8m to give you. All the way through I think both sets of fans have been misled on value by both sides.

Just imagine us signing Rhodes now under a good new manager, would the reaction be different? I'd be more excited if we didn't have Kean managing him.

If shebby can get rid of Kean - then yes there is hope. But if

Cryer has just tweeted:

@CryerRovers: On the fee. Htfc will get 8mill guaranteed - I'm told in installments - cd then be add ons. Wow

Hmmm

Shocking amount of money. Imagine if they'd done this in January instead.

Irony of ironies.

Scores against Burnley on his last game for HTFC - his first game for Blackburn is against....

(shame really, I was looking forward to seeing Rhodes at his former club)

Did they not tell you we are paying you in chickens. you do have a choice though. Fried, roasted or boiled. Or even as fun entertainment during match time.

Kean has been allowed to sign his portuuese posse plus would have had a hand in the Best, Murphy and Etuhu signings. If results do start turning badly and he does not get his p45 there must really be something sinister going on regarding his connection to the club.

Shocking amount of money. Imagine if they'd done this in January instead.

Did they not tell you we are paying you in chickens. you do have a choice though. Fried, roasted or boiled. Or even as fun entertainment during match time.

How much would it cost to sack kean? Less than 8m. Why not do this last season instead of losing how much, due to relegation. Venky madness.

• Backroom

8m in installments could be win win for the owners

If we go up they get a shed load of money from tv rights and paying isn't an issue, if we fail t go up I think they'll 'get out of dodge' and the rest of the bill won't be their problem

That was a premier league club buying lower division players, can't think of a comparable fee by a championship club plenty gone for around 5m, 8m is mad in this league with kean in charge 8m to blackpool for Holloway would have been the shrewd move.

Can't say I'm particularly bothered about the fee at this moment in time. 51 goals from 57 games since the start of last season. I'll worry about the money another day.

Can't say I'm particularly bothered about the fee at this moment in time. 51 goals from 57 games since the start of last season. I'll worry about the money another day.

Yet it has probable blown any money to sack Kean and get a new manager. January transfer window is only for selling, not buying.

Crazy crazy money. Hope this is coming straight out of the Venkys bank account. I suspect it isn't.

Well we do have a good team now. Kazim-Richards and Rhodes are good strikers. Murphy, Ettuhu. Givet, Robinson is a strong spine for the team. Pedersen and Dunn while not exceptional are better than much of what teams have in this division.

Its just a shame we have a numpty in charge.

Good signing.

- Why wasn't this kind of money spent to keep us in the league last season?

- If this is a Shebby signing then surely this indicates the owners are fully behind him? Can't see them forking out £8m for a Kean signing after how Dann worked out. If so, any screw ups from Kean may finally result in his departure.

- The dreaded question: What happens if we don't get promoted..??

Yet it has probable blown any money to sack Kean and get a new manager. January transfer window is only for selling, not buying.

As I said, that's for another day. Embrace excitement, even if just for a little while. Football is for our enjoyment after all.

Good signing.

- Why wasn't this kind of money spent to keep us in the league last season?

- If this is a Shebby signing then surely this indicates the owners are fully behind him? Can't see them forking out £8m for a Kean signing after how Dann worked out. If so, any screw ups from Kean may finally result in his departure.

- The dreaded question: What happens if we don't get promoted..??

We have another round of "freeze out the high earners, buy in the cheap Portuguese lads who Steve's mate keeps recommending."

If they sacked Kean they could account for his compensation with the rise in attendances. Did I read somewhere he's contracted till sometime in 2013?

Also if they got a manager in who could get us promotion they'd have a huge windfall on arrival in the top flight. Mega money now in the PL.

Just had a look on that Huddersfield Town forum. There's some hilarious people on there now convincing themselves that he's actually not that good after all, yet beforehand they were saying it'd be a long hard season without him and he was gods gift to football :D

Amazing how football can turn people completely insane.

For this moment lets rejoice in a proven goalscorer joining us. i guess the big question is what support he had in getting these goals. Bentley and Gamst gave Santa and Benni plenty of support back in the day. I hope he is not left chasing shadows as his supply chain dries up here.

Just a quick thought if this signing is indeed a Shebby signing, then couldn't Kean use it as a reason as to why he may be performing badly?!

He could just say that he had identified different targets etc.

I'll say it before and I'll say it again, Kean needs no help in finding excuses, he'll say whatever he can......alternatively if he did say that, Venky's (bearing in mind they know nothing about football) could just turn around and say, "if you can't perform with a striker who cost us 8 million, who can you perform with"......nothing should ever be prevented from being done in case Kean can use it as an excuse....he has been proven in a court of law to be a lying, low-life so will just say whatever comes into his head.

And yea haha, suddenly Rhodes has quite a few weaknesses apparently and it's not really a big loss after all.....funny the exact same thing happened to Van Persie the day he left Arsenal.

Archived