BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

For whats its worth Jimmy

as much as i rate Jordan Rhodes i'ts got to a point were i dont want us to sign him , Rovers and Kean have behaved terribly , we'll all agree to that , but we wont be the first or last club to do it , you might find one day your manager talks up another player from another club he fancies , its football , it happens ,its happened to us many times , but whats worrying me is how does a club with no sponsor , no matchday corperate partners , and dwindling support offer £6-8 m + 35k a week to a player , this on top of the contracts offered to Nuno Gomes , Danny Murphy , Dickson Etuhu and Leon Best ???? the last 3 all dropped from PL to join us

+1,000,000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a read of this

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/forum-posting-guidelines/

Then have a think and if you still can't work it out then come back to us, I didn't remove it myself but in honesty you'll be lucky at just having it removed

No need at all

Because I taunted them about trophies and called Hudds fans deluded such n such's? Come on that's a bit soft isn't it? Anyway Tommy I'll have a little read of the rule book eh and if I don't understand the big words I'll come back to you. Thanks for showing me the way :-))))))) Hail Tommy!!

JG I think you are a bit off stating the fans have acted with arrogance it's not as if we ordinary fans have tried to unsettle the boy.

Yes maybe the manager has acted improperly but you also have to remember this has happened to us many times it's just the way football is I mean just look at the Hoilett deal to QPR everyone would have liked him to stay but he went now we are waiting months later for the fee to be agreed by tribunal they have the player we are still waiting for the dosh now that seems to me really unfair it's just the way of football good luck tommorrow hope you stuff the dingles.

Love how pathetic some people are on here get a life and stop trying to be cyber bullies, pull the sand out of you vag's. It's a forum and frankly I'll post what I want.

Grow a set.

Ok! don't get your knickers in a twist he was clearly a joke - a minor one at that on a scale of harshness.

Im quite happy we are not signing Rhodes, it was too much of a risk. If he does bang in goals for Huddersfield this season fair enough, but he might not do and he isnt THAT young so even if he bangs them in this season I would be worried about him stepping up to the prem.

Have there been many players recently who have made the step up from league one to the prem and made a mark over the age of 21?

We're playing Burnley tomorrow btw, so I suppose a JR hat-trick might not be too unpopular down your way. On the other hand it might make the price go even higher :rolleyes:

If he does that then I think we should have a whip round, and give you an extra million

We appear to be in the same situation as last year when we had no centre backs, except this time it's strikers. Problem is there is no indication that Venkys will spend to rectify the issue. We clearly don't have the funds to sign Rhodes or Guidetti (or it would have happened by now) and haven't replaced Hoilett. The Portuguese lads are squad fillers at best and we're still to address left back and right midfield (and clearly not intending to).

If Venkys were serious about promotion then bring in both the strikers (Guidetti on loan) and Warnock- tell the numpty Kean to play 4-4-2 with players in the correct position. Job done.

If Venkys were serious about promotion then bring in both the strikers (Guidetti on loan) and Warnock- tell the numpty Kean to play 4-4-2 with players in the correct position.

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_1299107', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_1299107', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '1299107' }, parseInt('') );

If Venkys were really serious , Kean would have been long gone !

We appear to be in the same situation as last year when we had no centre backs, except this time it's strikers. Problem is there is no indication that Venkys will spend to rectify the issue. We clearly don't have the funds to sign Rhodes or Guidetti (or it would have happened by now) and haven't replaced Hoilett. The Portuguese lads are squad fillers at best and we're still to address left back and right midfield (and clearly not intending to).

Think Rhodes is well overprice for a striker who has only scored goals in League 1. Guidetti is in talks with Sunderland so why would you come to rovers.

Is this still going? Message for Kean / Shebby, MOVE ON! Huddersfield don't want to sell him. They want to sell him to us even less.

agreed. 4 weeks wasted on it!

Better than seeing nothing but ' Last post by Dwayne Cage 2 minutes ago '

:D

Better than being spiteful and bitter and so easily annoyed

Love how pathetic some people are on here get a life and stop trying to be cyber bullies, pull the sand out of you vag's. It's a forum and frankly I'll post what I want.

Grow a set.

I'll just say it......Shredder, people (me included) like BRFCS because it is a platform for many, many people to give their views on all things Rovers. I much prefer this to the likes of Roverstalk and Vital Blackburn as there it is just the same few people talking amongst themselves. Personally, I read this one a lot more as I feel forums are better when there is a wide collection of posters who give a balanced view. The reason people said something was because you seem to post all the time and therefore it takes something away from discussions. Nothing personally as this would be the same with anyone and by all means post however much you want to.

HTFC fan here.

My apologies if I'm just repeating stuff that's been said already (this thread is 82 pages long - I don't claim to have even read half of it) but just wanted to pick up on a few points.

The closer it gets to the end of the transfer window, the more confident I am that JR will stay at least until mid-season. If he was going to leave in this transfer window I think he'd have gone already. Larry has addressed our problems in defence & midfield but we're still (JR aside) pretty light in the final 3rd. If we were to sell JR today we'd have less than a week to negotiate a replacement, for our weakest area of the pitch, with a club and a player who would know we'd just had a cash injection from the Rhodes sale. We'd be in a very weak negotiating position (rich & desperate) & I just can't see our chairman going down that route.

The fact it's not unusual for clubs to tap players up through the media in the top division doesn't change the fact that your club have behaved poorly. The directors' boxes in our games this season might prove to be interesting places to be! I suppose the higher up we go, the more we'll have to get used to that sort of thing happening. I really couldn't see JR's head being turned by a short term (albeit lucrative) contract at Blackburn - but maybe the next top quality player to come through might not be quite so level-headed. Whoever does eventually sign him (I'd be surprised if he finishes the season with us) will not only be getting a superb goalscorer, they'd be getting a lad that doesn't cause the club a moment's problem. That might not be the most exciting part of any deal to sign a player, but you can be certain that advertisers/sponsors wouldn't be scared off by his behaviour, on or off the pitch.

There seems to be an idea that Blackburn fans, and Huddersfield fans are somehow one homogenous lump - Blackburn fans are arrogant, Huddersfield fans are oversensitive & naive. There have been a few arrogant WUMs on our site from Blackburn, but to be fair there have been from fans of a few other clubs that were rumoured to be after JR. Your club's fans are just the latest lot to be linked, the genuine WUMs coupled with the poor behaviour of your club's hierarchy it has got a few peoples' backs up. FWIW, my take on it is that Blackburn fans have borne the brunt of peoples' anger at the way Venky's & Steve Kean-Out have behaved. I don't think Blackburn fans have (on the whole) been any worse than fans of other clubs.

At the same time, some of the oversensitivity at our end has been embarrassing. I doubt many would be surprised to see Jordan Rhodes leave mid-season if we got a fair offer & it was ata club that was going to benefit his career, but the over-reaction by some of our club's fans has made me cringe.

In answer to whoever it was that asked earlier, I can't say about Guidetti but none of Jordan Rhodes' goals for HTFC last season were scored from the penalty spot. It seems he's our 1st choice penalty taker at the moment (he scored against Forest from the spot), but in the penalty shoot-out in the play-off final in May he wasn't even amongst the 1st 5 penalty takers.

Interesting info Terrier, and thanks. Don't be surprised about the shoddy way our club has tried to sign him. Since the takeover, we have been run by a procession of unprofessional, clueless arrogant nobwits. To rub the fans and board of Huddersfield the wrong way with the way the went about this is no surprise. After all, the real power behind the scenes is probably Kean, and certain other individuals.

According to Glen and Kamy this morning on twitter has said that Shebby has vetoed the Wickham loan deal saying we can do better.

my question is where are these strikers Shebby??? he said you would deliver Rhodes and you havent and upset HT with our bids and how we gone about the bids. ths Rhodes saga has gone on for 4 weeks

Archived