BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

Absolutely OUTRAGEOUS. Arsenal's name being etched on the FA Cup with 5 minutes of the final left - at 3-2.

Disgusting. :angry:

How much was the betting totals quoted in the far east ? £84 billion was it!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Really wanted Arsenal to win that one, I'm a fan of Wenger and wasn't looking forward to the terrible jokes of hull won

Really wanted Arsenal to win that one, I'm a fan of Wenger and wasn't looking forward to the terrible jokes of hull won

Well I suppose he had to win something again eventually

i think it was only the year that was etched if you looked closely

Yes, the year, 2014.

Below the word "Arsenal".

While the game is still going on and Hull nearly equalised. Twice.

0303348F-C83E-4A1D-9511-D574160B05D1.jpg

I didn't really care who won to be honest. But I have to admit, listening to talksport on Monday (I know its not a popular past time amongst our members) will be much easier now Wenger has put that to bed. Maybe now they can move on to why West Ham fans believe they're so cultured and spurs fans believe they're so entitled. I know Arsenal are a soft touch and Wenger is a wet lettuce. But bashing a side who play good football and manage their finances effectively is getting very tiresome.

• Backroom

There was no way that Hull side was ever going to hold on to a two goal lead for 80+ minutes. Looking at the gulf in class between the two teams, it's embarrassing that Arsenal needed to take it to extra time. They'll just be relieved to have finally won a trophy, and rightly so, but I think Arsene will still have his doubts over the way his team performed overall. They're lucky Hull rolled over for them in the end.

Me neither but then Mr Wenger has always been someone I found hard to appreciate. Even my Arsenal loving husband is subdued in victory. He knows it's just papering over the cracks and that Arsenal are basically not strong enough for a full league campaign, no matter how good their football is.

er, because the game was not over

Why?

Absolutely OUTRAGEOUS. Arsenal's name being etched on the FA Cup with 5 minutes of the final left - at 3-2.

Yoda, did the etcher get it wrong? I am not saying it wasn't slightly off to start carving when they did. But " Absolutely outrageous " and " Disgusting ", seem a bit over the top.

Yoda, did the etcher get it wrong? I am not saying it wasn't slightly off to start carving when they did. But " Absolutely outrageous " and " Disgusting ", seem a bit over the top.

I was willing hull just to see what would happen to the etching .. It was disgusting .

Complete lack of respect. Clearly you thought Arsenal deserved to win before a ball was kicked. Scudamore and co will be very proud of you.

How would you feel if it had been Arsenal 3 Rovers 2 in the FA Cup final, in extra time with the game going on?

er, because the game was not over

Yes, the year, 2014.

Below the word "Arsenal".

While the game is still going on and Hull nearly equalised. Twice.

0303348F-C83E-4A1D-9511-D574160B05D1.jpg

Tut Tut rigger,

trying to put words in my mouth,

yes he (and the organisers) did get it wrong as the game had not finished.

Hull could have and nearly did equalise.

edit after stuarts post above,

I agree that the FA's assumption that it was all over was WRONG,

Just sums up the FA

• Moderation Lead

It's very poor form to do it before the final whistle, particularly when there is only one goal between the two teams!!

It's quite a quick process, it's not as if there wouldn't be enough time after the final whistle, before the trophy is presented!!

Complete lack of respect. Clearly you thought Arsenal deserved to win before a ball was kicked. Scudamore and co will be very proud of you.

How would you feel if it had been Arsenal 3 Rovers 2 in the FA Cup final, in extra time with the game going on?

I didn't think Arsenal deserved to win before a ball was kicked. But I did after the last ball was kicked. If it had been the Rovers playing I would have been there, so what was shown on tele would not mean a flying @#/? to me. When the name was carved on would not make losing any better or worse a feeling

I didn't think Arsenal deserved to win before a ball was kicked. But I did after the last ball was kicked. If it had been the Rovers playing I would have been there, so what was shown on tele would not mean a flying @#/? to me. When the name was carved on would not make losing any better or worse a feeling

Key point in bold.

If it was Rovers and I later found that they had put Arsenal's name on the cup before the match was over (with one goal in it) I would have been equally outraged. You are obviously a more saintly football fan than I. Or you just don't get what sport is supposed to be about.

Archived