BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

Key point in bold.

If it was Rovers and I later found that they had put Arsenal's name on the cup before the match was over (with one goal in it) I would have been equally outraged. You are obviously a more saintly football fan than I. Or you just don't get what sport is supposed to be about.

Looking back over the last 45 years, I wouldn't say saintly. Perhaps I just don't get where over the top indignation for a team I don't support is part of what sport is about. If it had been the Rovers winning in the same circumstances, and it showed our name being carved on the cup would you have protested as much

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Arsenal are a soft touch and Wenger is a wet lettuce. But bashing a side who play good football and manage their finances effectively is getting very tiresome.

I agree. Two features which every club should be attempting to emulate. I only dont like Arsenal cos they are part of the 'establishment' mafia.

As for the match ....

1. Best team won. All the same Hull should have equalised at the last minute or two if only that lad had run inside with the ball after he had rounded the keeper and passed to his team mate instead of trying that daft shot from a crazy angle. Hope said team mate throttled him in the dressing rooms afterwards.... he bloody well deserved it! Harsh that the corner for Arsenals second wasn't a corner either.

2. Superb strike from Ramsey for Arsenals winner. He'd tried thumping a few shots in with no return but that finish was pure instinct. His speed of thought beat the keeper rather than the speed of the shot.

3. I don't know if it's been mentioned but Alex Bruce needs to consider his stupidity in giving away that free kick from which Arsenal equalised and steadied their nerves. Keeper should have got it of course but what is the point of clattering into the back of a player facing the other way just outside the penalty area with the firepower Arsenal have?

4. I realise they were without their two best strikers but without the superb talents of Tom Huddleston (Hughes wanted him in 07 remember?) Hull are about as good as us. The match illustrated the existence of at least two leagues within the Premier League.

5. Is this "cup tied" rule really necessary now that there is so much movement in the January window? I believe not. Be much better to take the window into account and make the end of the transfer window the cut off point. Not many clubs will sign players just to win the FA Cup these days now that the combined attempts of TV and the FA have made it a much devalued competition.

Me neither but then Mr Wenger has always been someone I found hard to appreciate. Even my Arsenal loving husband is subdued in victory. He knows it's just papering over the cracks and that Arsenal are basically not strong enough for a full league campaign, no matter how good their football is.

Correct gumboots...... tell his nibs that all Arsenal need to do is gamble stupidly by blowing their brains out financially in an already futile and doomed attempt to compete with City and Chelsea and those cracks will become wide enough to drive a horse and cart through!

As for me.... who cares about the personality of the manager? I'd soon appreciate Wenger if he trapped up in the Managers chair at Ewood!

btw You didn't like Allardyce remember and wanted him binned off down the road, despite me accurately forecasting what would happen when we did.

Really not getting the Arsenal love in.

Who do you prefer? Man Utd? Citeh? Chelsea?

Liverpool have done well at last but I think that despite the best efforts of Rogers that they'll be a busted flush if Suarez is tempted off to Real or similar. Real..... World Cup summer after which mega transfers are at their peak, a stand out performer in his own (smaller) team, the humiliation of being not just top dog in Spain but not even top dog in Madrid! All the signs are there.

I didn't think Arsenal deserved to win before a ball was kicked. But I did after the last ball was kicked. If it had been the Rovers playing I would have been there, so what was shown on tele would not mean a flying @#/? to me. When the name was carved on would not make losing any better or worse a feeling

IF it was as perceived on telly then it was poor form and disrespectful to Hull. Personally I can't believe how he would do that. What would have happened if Hull had won? Would he have had to put XXXXXXXXXXXXXX right through and start again or is there a way of quickly and undetectably 'unengraving' ? Just imagine if some Catelonian engraver had stuck Bayern's name on the European Cup 2 minutes before the end in 1999!

Whatever I hope the FA don't use the bugger again next year.

IF it was as perceived on telly then it was poor form and disrespectful to Hull. Personally I can't believe how he would do that. What would have happened if Hull had won? Would he have had to put XXXXXXXXXXXXXX right through and start again or is there a way of quickly and undetectably 'unengraving' ? Just imagine if some Catelonian engraver had stuck Bayern's name on the European Cup 2 minutes before the end in 1999!

Whatever I hope the FA don't use the bugger again next year.

Perhaps he was practicing on a blank, I have done similar.

Perhaps he was practicing on a blank, I have done similar.

You seem desperate to defend the engraver for some reason. Is he a relation?

Practising on a blank. Sheesh.

Who do you prefer? Man Utd? Citeh? Chelsea?

Liverpool

Given that your list nicely illustrates all that is wrong with football in this country - i.e. it's down to one of those four or five - plus the fact none of those others were involved yesterday, I'd say Hull.

Given that your list nicely illustrates all that is wrong with football in this country - i.e. it's down to one of those four or five - plus the fact none of those others were involved yesterday, I'd say Hull.

Don't forget that yesterday I was hoping for Hull to prevail but if you take Huddleston out of the equation and I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than watch Hull every week.

It was a lack of respect shown to hull. It was assumed that as the minnows, they would lose. Would it really have hurt to have waited five minutes? What a stupid thing to do.

How about if hull had equalised, he would've looked a proper ham shanker. How about if hull had been one goal up with five mins to go, would he have put their name on? Think not.

Typical fa stupidity. All to save five minutes to no good effect.

Please excuse me while I pop off and head butt the wall

Just watched the highlights and I may be getting old but what is with all the 'even more' americanisation of the cup final?

When the teams come out for the 3PM kick off you want the crowd roar and that's all. No boom boom music and not bloody fireworks. it made the ground sound like a soulless MEN arena with no crowd.

Also when the team are collection the trophy the fans know who they are, what they have won and what fkin year it is without some tophat announcer shouting it out.

The new wembley is just another 'meh' stadium like the kop at anfield is now just another boring stand

On the bright side and employing the logic of some people not wanting Liverpool to prevail on the grounds of not wanting another name on the Prem Trophy ..... at least Hull didn't get their name on't FA Cup! :tu:

I expect fireworks between van Gaal and Rooney. Van Gaal is a strict disciplinarian and it's either his way or the high way, no matter who are or how old you are. When you see the players he has fallen out with over his career, it's big ego players, who don't like being told what to do. He doesn't care what you think you're good at, he gets you to play to his system and adapt your game to it. That's why he's so good with young players, who are impressionable and easy to dictate to. Older players, like Rooney, won't like being told that they have to improve certain areas of his game and we all know how easily the toys come out of the pram with Wazza!

Plus van Gaal loves van Persie and I wouldn't be surpised if he made him captain and not Rooney, which would be another bone of contention for young Wayne, who would see himself next in line for the role and was probably promised it in the last contract that he signed when he was 'unhappy.'

I expect fireworks between van Gaal and Rooney. Van Gaal is a strict disciplinarian and it's either his way or the high way, no matter who are or how old you are. When you see the players he has fallen out with over his career, it's big ego players, who don't like being told what to do. He doesn't care what you think your good at, he gets you to play to his system and adapt your game for it. That's why he's so good with young players, who are impressionable and easy to dictate to. Older players, like Rooney, won't like being told that they have to improve certain areas of his game and we all know how easily the toys come out of the pram with Wazza!

Plus van Gaal loves van Persie and I wouldn't be surpised if he made him captain and not Rooney, which would be another bone of contention for young Wayne, who would see himself next in line for the role and was probably promised it in the last contract that he signed when he was 'unhappy.'

In a Souness kind of way?

I agree with Royrover, not an appointment Rooney will get on with. RVP will be captain no doubt.

Only thing which might help Rooney would be Ryan Giggs being Van Gaal's assistant. Might just be able to have a word in the new gaffers shell to avoid a falling out.

He's on a stupidly high wage at Utd, not sure the bigwigs would want him sat on the bench, or in the reserves!

Archived