BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

• Backroom

Sterling has more chance of winning trophies with City than Liverpool, so from that perspective it makes sense for him to move. Liverpool have got an incredible fee for him as well, though their transfer record when it comes to spending big money in recent times makes for pretty poor reading, so their fans will probably be concerned about who that money will be spent on.

If anything, Sterling's agent and advisors have been the ones who have mishandled the situation. Sterling hasn't helped himself with his recent tabloid appearances, but his team should have handled the transfer situation a lot better.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sterling has more chance of winning trophies with City than Liverpool, so from that perspective it makes sense for him to move. Liverpool have got an incredible fee for him as well, though their transfer record when it comes to spending big money in recent times makes for pretty poor reading, so their fans will probably be concerned about who that money will be spent on.

If anything, Sterling's agent and advisors have been the ones who have mishandled the situation. Sterling hasn't helped himself with his recent tabloid appearances, but his team should have handled the transfer situation a lot better.

From a career perspective and his development as a player, it doesn't make any sense at all. More than likely he will be on the bench as many times as he plays, and like Wright-Phillips, Johnson and many others including our own Phil Jones and David Bentley who have also gone to "bigger" clubs, he won't get anything like enough game time and will never become the player he should be.

But at least his bank balance will improve significantly.

Did you just quote your own post?

oops.... I did. Pressed Quote rather than edit.

However.....http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/police-investigate-after-twitter-trolls-9647231

Nice those scousers eh? Unfortunately not untypical. They do have solid supporters of course but rather more than their share of wrong uns on the dark side. The city and the club of course do prefer to pretend that they don't exist, hence the 'always the victim' accusations.

• Backroom

From a career perspective and his development as a player, it doesn't make any sense at all. More than likely he will be on the bench as many times as he plays, and like Wright-Phillips, Johnson and many others including our own Phil Jones and David Bentley who have also gone to "bigger" clubs, he won't get anything like enough game time and will never become the player he should be.

But at least his bank balance will improve significantly.

Is there any guarantee he'd become the player he should be at Liverpool though? He regressed last season and Rodgers looked utterly clueless tactically for much of the campaign.

I think he'll get a decent amount of game time at City, and he'll have the opportunity to play more regularly against better quality opposition in the CL (not to mention train and play with players of superior quality).

I think delph is quite good technically, much better than @#/? like Henderson or milner

A bit unfair I think. Has a genuinely fantastic engine, can play a bit, strikes a ball well, leads, can pass and crucially will be disciplined and do the donkey work (unlike say Gerrard or Lampard). England haven't had that since Parker retired and he got into the England setup way too late to be properly effective.

Like Delph he is a key player for the national team's future imo. Would love us to unearth Mascerano or Matic but until that day we are lucky to have him.

Can see Liverpool really struggling this season, bodgers looks like he is desperate to spend that money and 32.5 million for benteke is way overpriced, can see similar to last season when he signed ballotelli out of desperation . surely 40 something million can be better spent

Can see Liverpool really struggling this season, bodgers looks like he is desperate to spend that money and 32.5 million for benteke is way overpriced, can see similar to last season when he signed ballotelli out of desperation . surely 40 something million can be better spent

Although I agree it's over priced in his defence Since his debut in the PL, Benteke has only been outscored by Augero, Saurez and RVP.

Not too shabby.

I see Delph has done a uturn and is now on his way to city again.

• Backroom

Not sure Scott Sinclair or Jack Rodwell would agree with that. They may have earned a shedload of money but both set their careers back considerably by taking City's cash.

I suppose it comes down to whether a footballer wants to be remembered for having an impact in his career or just earning a lot of money.

• Backroom

It's a job isn't it

Yeah, and with every job you want to maximise future opportunities. Playing regularly increases opportunities, sitting on the bench decreases them.

Personally I don't give a toss about Delph or anything he does, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest going to City will be a bad career move, regardless of how much it swells his bank balance.

Benteke has scored around 50 goals in 100 PL games at an oft struggling Villa. Surprised no-one snapped him up after his first season. Good signing in my book, hard to mark on his day, decent on the deck and in the air.

Don't blame Sterling or Delph. Both will improve City. Two very good signings and as long as they understand the new standards required, excellent career moves for them. If they are good enough they will play.

Sick of Liverpools moaning. They should have offered improved terms to Sterling the year they just missed out. Especially with Suarez scarpering. Best young player in Europe on 30k per week? Same as Leon Best? :) Serves them right and I don't blame him one iota. Especially if serious about winning major titles.

What s prick McLean is .. Following on from his poppy disgrace , he turned his back when the national anthem was played . Plenty of hate from his own fans as well .

You do have to ask why not just not sing it? Turning your back seems a counter-productive antagonistic gesture. I can understand with his background why he is aggrieved, but people died on both sides and you have to move on.

Archived