BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

I expect Leicester to go foreign with this appointment. Someone like Laudrup or Di Matteo.

Sensible appointments would be Allardyce or Dyche, but I don't think either would get the pulses racing or make a statement of intent. A few Leicester supporters seem to be against the idea of Dyche going there.

Perhaps Lennon would excite the fans from his playing days but he hasn't really done enough at the top level to stand out as an ideal candidate.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kettering way.

You all seem very keen on our manager leaving, don't understand the obsession with Burnley myself, surely enough problems at your own club without worrying about us? :closedeyes:

How many of us bother with 'clarets mad' longsiders? On the other side of the coin you are on here regularly.

Even I don't bother with the mad hatters theno.

I like a bit of banter on here - though Abbey, who has always been a little intense, is becoming positively scar. Yet I reckon it would be great to have a drink with him and Gav, bet they are real characters in the flesh and after all, it's only all a bit of fun, isn't it?

Kettering way.

You all seem very keen on our manager leaving, don't understand the obsession with Burnley myself, surely enough problems at your own club without worrying about us? :closedeyes:

Obsession would have us on your board, where as you...oh never mind.

A fine question - must be the draw of his family roots :-)

Must be keeping his family well away from bum ley that way he doesn't feel the urge to inter breed

Even I don't bother with the mad hatters theno.

I like a bit of banter on here - though Abbey, who has always been a little intense, is becoming positively scar. Yet I reckon it would be great to have a drink with him and Gav, bet they are real characters in the flesh and after all, it's only all a bit of fun, isn't it?

Drunk with dingles ? I'd rather share a Stella with Gary Glitter to be honest .

Must be keeping his family well away from bum ley that way he doesn't feel the urge to inter breed

:o How old would Stella be Abbey?

Coming from a Burnley fan lurking on a Rovers MB - surely you see the irony ?

I don't do irony - way above my head, I am after all just a thick dingle you know.

Oh Abbey, you've hurt my feelings - I thought we were getting on and everything

Come on guys, get on the Telegraph website if you want to argue like this. Not many Burnley fans would be made welcome on this site, but Longer's has been accepted. I don't mind most of his post, as they are normally quite fair and contrite. Let's not let it degenerate though!

I was only joshing.

And Abbey I've had this accusation thrown at me about Jack Walker. I thought I'd made my views clear but I guess I must have said something disparaging about the man, if so my apologies. What he did for your club, specifically the way he structured it after his initial splurges should have been a model for many a rich owner/benefactor and I admire his vision immensely. He built a structure and a staff that enabled his club to punch way above its weight by buying players low and selling high and limiting to a minimum the need for additional funding but maintaining a very healthy position in the top flight. Am I jealous? Obviously I was, as would you have been in reverse. That said I take equal pleasure at the way my club and its fans have clawed their way, under their own steam, from the very basement of the football league. If that is seen being rude towards Jack Walker then I'm confused. If I've said otherwise then I'm surprised at myself.

I was only joshing.

And Abbey I've had this accusation thrown at me about Jack Walker. I thought I'd made my views clear but I guess I must have said something disparaging about the man, if so my apologies. What he did for your club, specifically the way he structured it after his initial splurges should have been a model for many a rich owner/benefactor and I admire his vision immensely. He built a structure and a staff that enabled his club to punch way above its weight by buying players low and selling high and limiting to a minimum the need for additional funding but maintaining a very healthy position in the top flight. Am I jealous? Obviously I was, as would you have been in reverse. That said I take equal pleasure at the way my club and its fans have clawed their way, under their own steam, from the very basement of the football league. If that is seen being rude towards Jack Walker then I'm confused. If I've said otherwise then I'm surprised at myself.

I appreciate your honesty. I agree, it must be a good feeling coming from the 'basement'.

It's better winning the premier league though, trust me.

We either let him post and do it adultly, or tell him to jog on. All this incest stuff is unpleasant and uneccessary. If I'm the odd one out and everyone else rolls around in stitches at these 'jokes' then apologies. I'll jog on.

Leicester bid 7 million for N'Zonzi and have submitted a 12 million bid today for Austin. Even the smaller clubs are minted. We've a long old road back.

We either let him post and do it adultly, or tell him to jog on. All this incest stuff is unpleasant and uneccessary. If I'm the odd one out and everyone else rolls around in stitches at these 'jokes' then apologies. I'll jog on.

Leicester bid 7 million for N'Zonzi and have submitted a 12 million bid today for Austin. Even the smaller clubs are minted. We've a long old road back.

What possible benefit is there for Nzonzi in moving from Stoke to Leicester other than more money? One good season and he's back to his bad old ways thinking he's too big for his boots/the Club.

Don't overthink it.

What possible benefit is there for Nzonzi in moving from Stoke to Leicester other than more money? One good season and he's back to his bad old ways thinking he's too big for his boots/the Club.

He's a professional player. What more reason is there? Stoke have obviously made him their new offer and he is trying to either better it or force them to up it. What does intrigue me is who is buying and sanctioning the bidding for these players when they officially have no manager in place (as far as I am aware). I can only assume that they have but he has not been announced yet

btw Something that I told you years ago... N'Zonzi is a quality player Simon. The fact that Pulis and Hughes rated him and you don't is a reason for you to ponder and maybe question your own judgement of players? Do I need to remind you that you thought Curtis was the best right fullback on the planet and Friedel was past it in 2005. Just checked and Curtis's last 4 clubs have been Worcester, Wrexham, Northampton and now Gold Coast United wherever they are.

Archived