BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

Rather naive view. First team player might have been transfer listed but a key, big-money player would have had a rap on knuckes (fine).

Love your signature by the way - one of the best performances I have seen in 55 years plus of attending Rovers matches.

Not really - here its B or W not 50 shades of G.

I can still vividly remember that day and my Dad lifting me over the wall to sit with other young lads on the cinder track - I wonder if any are posting on this MB?. Mind you I can't remember what I did yesterday. Getting older is a beggar.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone seen the whole sycophantic love in of bergkamp? They had a poll on sky sports news of the most iinfluential foreign imports in the premier league era, Henry, bergkamp and Zola I can understand, aguero maybe and possibly cantana but jurgen klinsmann? 1 season he had at spurs, no mention of the likes of tugay who was more influential than the diving kraut by a mile, I know pretty much a club like rovers would never get a mention as we are not fashionable but its not like he led spurs to anything significant that season, sky sports, the big club vehicle

• 2 weeks later...

Said it a while back but I know somebody on the inside at Leicester and the majority of the players hated Pearson and will be very glad to see the back of him.

Pearson is a proven manager and very often they tend not to be 'nice' people.

If the players "hated" him they would surely have been relegated. More likely they didn't like him but respected him.

Apparently we have a nice man as manager. So what? I know who I'd rather have in charge.

If the players "hated" him they would surely have been relegated. More likely they didn't like him but respected him.

Apparently we have a nice man as manager. So what? I know who I'd rather have in charge.

Agreed. Mangers need to be ruthless at times and if you are too pally (e.g. Calling the players by their nicknames all the time) then that's difficult to do.

Successful clubs at any level have mercenary managers incentivised to succeed by visionary owners and a clued up board who have an affinity with the club, all determined to get the absolute maximum out of the best players they can attract, using the world class methods and respected backroom staff.

How many of that list do we have? One? Two, being kind? Certainly no more. Give the fans something to believe in! At any level would be a start!! As it is we have the opposite in the most important three.

Agreed. Mangers need to be ruthless at times and if you are too pally (e.g. Calling the players by their nicknames all the time) then that's difficult to do.

Successful clubs at any level have mercenary managers incentivised to succeed by visionary owners and a clued up board who have an affinity with the club, all determined to get the absolute maximum out of the best players they can attract, using the world class methods and respected backroom staff.

How many of that list do we have? One? Two, being kind? Certainly no more. Give the fans something to believe in! At any level would be a start!! As it is we have the opposite in the most important three.

Theres a definite balance though, some people need to be given the hairdryer, but others need the arm around the shoulder, get the impression with Pearson its the hairdryer only.

Anyhow looking at the statement, looks like he has differences in transfer policy with the owners.

That job's got Big Sam written all over it. He'd be perfect to keep them up and get re-established in the PL. Would be great for Dingles to lose Dyche so close to preseason though!

Great shout. Exactly who they need. I guess it will come down to whether the foxes board fancy him and they can put something together attractive to him.

He might want to hold out for a bigger club. I'm intrigued to see where he goes next.

Who should appoint him is Leeds, Wednesday or Forest. He'd get them up, bring back the crowds and make them viable top league again. They are all too arrogant/run by bampots to do it though.

I don't disagree with your first or last points, just relaying what I've been told.

He'll not be short of suitors.

It certiainly shows how far we've fallen, we are becoming as small time as you lot have always been.

However, in ths instance, you've obviously got a good manager and have every chance of becominng a yo-yo club and the riches that brings, so get an approach in Foxes!

• Moderation Lead

Kettering way.

You all seem very keen on our manager leaving, don't understand the obsession with Burnley myself, surely enough problems at your own club without worrying about us? :closedeyes:

Hardly call it an obsession, but then it's impossible to get into a discussion with a Burnley fan without Rovers being brought up for the most part :rover:

I've got in laws in Kettering and it is fair to say that I am not sure where I would rather be Burnley or Kettering, the latter left scars on me last time I was there, at least in Burnley I was aware of their oddness

Kettering way.

You all seem very keen on our manager leaving, don't understand the obsession with Burnley myself, surely enough problems at your own club without worrying about us? :closedeyes:

That's the pot calling the kettle sooty arsed!

• Moderation Lead

Why does Dyche choose to live in Kettering when the attractions of Burnley are so patently obvious ?

Think you misunderstood Jim, he's from there but I've no idea about his living arrangements, though I have seen him knocking about in Whalley....

I'm sure I read his family live towards that part of the world - presume he'll have a place up here but think his wife and kids are still at 'home'.

If offered he'd take it - be crazy not to, not sure how the owners are thinking, from a brand back home view they might fancy a higher profile appointment.

Archived