BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He could never have stayed a Liverpool. He backed himself into a corner, went about this whole situation in the wrong way.

If he wants to be known as anything other than a moneygrabning little sod, he really needs to deliver this season.

Also, according to skysports, QPR have just netted themselves a cool £10million from a sell on clause for Sterling.

We were chuffed with about £400k from Fonzi's sale.

Good job the money is more or less irrelevant to Citeh's owners as in terms of whether Stirling will be a success or not it's a massive gamble.

They're really only paying the money on the basis of how he played the season before last and he may never have a really good season again.

In terms of raw ability Stirling is as good as anything England has produced since Rooney. People are giving him grief but he has the lot, pace, dribbling, strength, two footed, can pass, scores goals. Could one day be world class.

If he goes to city and cements a starting place then okay. Bad taste about it but fine. Similar really to when Rooney went to Utd. If he gets benched and wastes away it will be terrible. Sadly he doesn't look like he handles pressure very well nor is mature. So a prime candidate to disapper... We really don't want that to happen. A Ferguson or Mourinho is what he needa, not a carousel of managers at City..

Very pleased Delph is sticking around at Villa. Think he will kick on. Obviously no Gerrard or Lampard in the talent stakes but fits into the England team well and makes a good workhorse alongside Henderson. The two of them playing allows 4 primarily attacking players a huge amount of freedom which has been a big part of Englands improvement. Really important for the national teams balance imo.

He could never have stayed a Liverpool. He backed himself into a corner, went about this whole situation in the wrong way.

If he wants to be known as anything other than a moneygrabning little sod, he really needs to deliver this season.

He's not done anything wrong though has he? Just refused new contract offers. Is it all about money or have you considered that he might want to be rich and actually win something to boot? Football is dog eat dog. All the rest of the Liverpool players signed for money reasons I'm sure?

I think delph is quite good technically, much better than @#/? like Henderson or milner

Why the unnecessary insult? Neither are world beaters as is Delph but both are fine players.

He's not done anything wrong though has he? Just refused new contract offers. Is it all about money or have you considered that he might want to be rich and actually win something to boot? Football is dog eat dog. All the rest of the Liverpool players signed for money reasons I'm sure?

Why the unnecessary insult? Neither are world beaters as is Delph but both are fine players.

That's fine as long as he actually knuckles down and cements a first team place at Citeh. As things stand, he couldn't even follow up his scintillating form of the season before last and it's in that context that a 20 year old refusing 105k p.w. and even more ludicrously him informing his Club he's refusing to go on pre season tour rankles.

Ranieri apparently named as the new Leicester boss. Can't see their fans being at all happy with that. Very poor appointment imo.

As manager of Greece didn't win a single qualifying game and San Marino did the double over them.

Edit: Oops I mean the Faroe Islands.

I wonder if Sterling would be getting flak if he played for Everton or Aston Villa? It's only because most of the media is dominated by bitter ex-Liverpool players that he's being demonized by the press.

Ranieri apparently named as the new Leicester boss. Can't see their fans being at all happy with that. Very poor appointment imo.

As manager of Greece didn't win a single qualifying game and San Marino did the double over them.

Edit: Oops I mean the Faroe Islands.

Managing Countries and clubs are a different ball game, I think he will do well there

Managing Counties and clubs are a different ball game, I think he will do well there

I think his best days are well behind him and although I quite liked him when he was at Chelsea I think it's arguable whether his best days were that good.

I think his best days are well behind him and although I quite liked him when he was at Chelsea I think it's arguable whether his best days were that good.

Could be, you never quite know with managers, they can flop at one club and be mega at another sometimes.

You know how football fans minds work. He's not done anything wrong to me but you can imagine how the Liverpool fans see it. Offered a huge wage to stay at a club, that realistically could win a trophy or 2 (albeit not the premier league) and jumped ship to a club renowned for giving out huge wages (and no, not Rovers ;-) )

Whether he is or isnt a money grabber doesn't really matter too much, that's the tag he will have placed on him, correctly or incorrectly.

If he has genuinely moved for the right reasons, fair play and good luck to him. All I noted was that he needs to have a good season, if he doesn't play much and struggles to find form people will simply say he's sat back on a big fat contract and not put the effort in.

For England's sake, I hope he develops into the player his potential holds.

That's fine as long as he actually knuckles down and cements a first team place at Citeh. As things stand, he couldn't even follow up his scintillating form of the season before last and it's in that context that a 20 year old refusing 105k p.w. and even more ludicrously him informing his Club he's refusing to go on pre season tour rankles.

What rankles most are Liverpool supporters. How many clubs have they done the same to over the years? There are much bigger fish in the pond now and they can't cope with it. Lets not forget they elbowed QPR aside to sign him when he was just 16, they didn't expect him to be loyal to his club then so why do they expect him to be loyal to them now? Hypocrites.

Archived