BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

Just thinking about Fabian Delph's transfer and how Patrick Roberts fulham's "wonder kid" (yet to play a full 90 mins mind you) is also trying to force a move to citeh for a reported 11 million. So trying to come up with up and coming English talent over the years who ruined their careers moving to bigger clubs. Jack rodwell, franny jeffers, Scott Parker, scott Sinclair, sidwell, Andy carol. Adam Johnson, Wright Phillips, perhaps even Walcott. Chelski and city seem to ruin most.

I don't know whether it affects the national team cutting down young talent before they've developed to see their learning years sitting on a bench or whether the cream rises to the top anyway. I always thought regardless of messing these youngsters about or vast numbers of foreigners English quality would still rise through but starting to think the opposite.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thinking about Fabian Delph's transfer and how Patrick Roberts fulham's "wonder kid" (yet to play a full 90 mins mind you) is also trying to force a move to citeh for a reported 11 million. So trying to come up with up and coming English talent over the years who ruined their careers moving to bigger clubs. Jack rodwell, franny jeffers, Scott Parker, scott Sinclair, sidwell, Andy carol. Adam Johnson, Wright Phillips, perhaps even Walcott. Chelski and city seem to ruin most.

I don't know whether it affects the national team cutting down young talent before they've developed to see their learning years sitting on a bench or whether the cream rises to the top anyway. I always thought regardless of messing these youngsters about or vast numbers of foreigners English quality would still rise through but starting to think the opposite.

For the genuinely brilliant I don't think it matters. Rooney would always get a game because he is a natural top player. For that reason I think Stirling will be okay as he is clearly very very good (though huge issues with temprement which have to be overcome, and on that score I think City is a very bad choice. Mourinho, Wenger or another strong manager would suit him better) and he should get a game.

For more modest players like Parker, Sturridge, Delph, Johnson, Rodwell, Sinclair, Milner, Barry etc. it's (if you put money to one side) total and utter madness. Sturridge is a great example of a player who wasted his first four or five years in the reserves of City and Chelsea. And out of that pack of players I just mentioned he is probably the strongest. I will be amazed if Delph ever gets more than the bit part role Miler and Barry achieved. That would be be considered a success, as what is more likely is he will go the way of Rodwell, Sinclair etc and get virtually no games at all. It's a huge waste.

I really really hate it. Fans want to see the best players. The Champions League clubs hoarding the best players is anti competitive. It's ridiculous a player who would be an automatic starter at any of the 15 clubs not in CL competition is a bench or even squad player at those top five clubs.

Just thinking about Fabian Delph's transfer and how Patrick Roberts fulham's "wonder kid" (yet to play a full 90 mins mind you) is also trying to force a move to citeh for a reported 11 million.

I think Roberts has just got his wish. Not even heard of the guy before but likely another young English talent to disappear for a few years until his agent decides that cash time is over and he needs to be playing regularly.

Pathetic, so if a Polish player played in Germany and the german anthem was on would they turn their back? Would they @#/?, he's just a thick @#/? looking for attention because he's got zero talent.

Hes a two faced tosser as well . If he hates us so much why is so happy to take the queens shilling!

For the genuinely brilliant I don't think it matters. Rooney would always get a game because he is a natural top player. For that reason I think Stirling will be okay as he is clearly very very good (though huge issues with temprement which have to be overcome, and on that score I think City is a very bad choice. Mourinho, Wenger or another strong manager would suit him better) and he should get a game.

For more modest players like Parker, Sturridge, Delph, Johnson, Rodwell, Sinclair, Milner, Barry etc. it's (if you put money to one side) total and utter madness. Sturridge is a great example of a player who wasted his first four or five years in the reserves of City and Chelsea. And out of that pack of players I just mentioned he is probably the strongest. I will be amazed if Delph ever gets more than the bit part role Miler and Barry achieved. That would be be considered a success, as what is more likely is he will go the way of Rodwell, Sinclair etc and get virtually no games at all. It's a huge waste.

I really really hate it. Fans want to see the best players. The Champions League clubs hoarding the best players is anti competitive. It's ridiculous a player who would be an automatic starter at any of the 15 clubs not in CL competition is a bench or even squad player at those top five clubs.

Sturridge always had the potential to be a top player even at Chelsea, he's a class act, for me on his day one of the best strikers in europe

Yeah, and with every job you want to maximise future opportunities. Playing regularly increases opportunities, sitting on the bench decreases them.

Personally I don't give a toss about Delph or anything he does, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest going to City will be a bad career move, regardless of how much it swells his bank balance.

He could smash his leg and put an end to that career next match rem.

Hes a two faced tosser as well . If he hates us so much why is so happy to take the queens shilling!

How to win friends and influence people eh. So if WBA get to the cup final I take it he'll refuse to play as anthems will be played. What a tosser. Didn't have a problem playing for NI U21s either did he. This is the kind of sectarian scum you get in the west of a Scotland and you don't want to put up with it down there.

You do have to ask why not just not sing it? Turning your back seems a counter-productive antagonistic gesture. I can understand with his background why he is aggrieved, but people died on both sides and you have to move on.

He was born nearly 20 years after Bloody Sunday! It's like us hating the Germans and Japanese. However he's only a thick footballer indoctrinated with hate from the cradle. If his principlkes are so strong then he should be playing for Cliftonville or Drogheda on 50 quid a week. The fact that he's here happily working and living here and taking our money illustrates that his principles are as weak as those of his countrymen.

Pathetic, so if a Polish player played in Germany and the german anthem was on would they turn their back? Would they @#/?, he's just a thick @#/? looking for attention because he's got zero talent.

A good number of the German team have Polish blood don't they?.

Sturridge always had the potential to be a top player even at Chelsea, he's a class act, for me on his day one of the best strikers in europe

Good player BUT only about 25% of the partnership with Suarez.

The opposing argument is would a move to a very top team have benefited Matthew Le Tissier? He seemed to coast a little after deciding to stay at Soton when he might have been pushing on to become a true great elsewhere .

The opposing argument is would a move to a very top team have benefited Matthew Le Tissier? He seemed to coast a little after deciding to stay at Soton when he might have been pushing on to become a true great elsewhere .

I think the problem with le tissier was that for all he was someone with bags of ability I always thought he flourished in an environment where he had a free role and everyone was effectively instructed to give him the ball.

At a big club in my opinion he wouldn't have got away with that and would have been just another cog as a result he may not have been as effective at a big club as he was at Southampton. I think that is the reason he pretty much flopped for England.

I think the problem with le tissier was that for all he was someone with bags of ability I always thought he flourished in an environment where he had a free role and everyone was effectively instructed to give him the ball.

At a big club in my opinion he wouldn't have got away with that and would have been just another cog as a result he may not have been as effective at a big club as he was at Southampton. I think that is the reason he pretty much flopped for England.

Depends on the Manager. Juve revolve around Pirlo and Real used to have ZZ at the centre of just about everything. If you get a player with really amazing ability surrounded by other top players supporting him the team should take care of itself.

• Backroom

Le Tissier had incredible talent, but didn't have the drive or ambition to push himself beyond his comfort zone. May also be why he barely got a look in at international level.

I watched a documentary about Le Tissier not long back. He firmly blamed Hoddle (ironically his childhood idol) for his lack of more England caps.

He loved it at Southampton and was the local hero, had the option to leave even to United but didn't want it. I think he had things how he wanted them. Perhaps he could have earned more at a Champions League club but his career could hardly be called a failure. He came across as a really down to earth guy.

Le Tissier was faithful for his club. He saved Southampton from relegation many times. That's not picking an easy way. That is something English talent should respect these days. So many youngsters want their sports cars more than play football.

Le Tiss summarized what allot of young ones are failing to recognize these days.

He'd be spitting at Fabian Delph's U-Turn.

Utmost respect for the likes of Le Tiss, Gary Neville etc.

Never flopped for England was never given a chance, about 8 caps, most from the bench, English football's allergy to players with technique, hoddle wasnt used to his full potential in the same way, no we preffered the workhorses like carlton bleedin palmer. When i think of the ammount of class strikers we had in the mid nineties, collymoore, cole, fowler, shearer, ferdinand, le tissier, sutton, what a waste.

I think Roberts has just got his wish. Not even heard of the guy before but likely another young English talent to disappear for a few years until his agent decides that cash time is over and he needs to be playing regularly.

Only just heard about this. I find it sickening that Fulham are getting 11 million for an 18 year old midget who has played 2 Prem games and 17 Championship ones. In minutes, he's played half a match in the Prem and less than four full games worth in this tier, and never scored a goal. Meanwhile they took one of our best mids for about a quarter of that, and we can expect far less than that for a player who has notched 33 in 66 for us in this league.

It will really help Fulham meet FUP too, if they even need to.

Le Tiss summarized what allot of young ones are failing to recognize these days.

He'd be spitting at Fabian Delph's U-Turn.

Utmost respect for the likes of Le Tiss, Gary Neville etc.

There's a world of difference between those two with regards loyalty. Neville was a good right-back playing for one of the best teams on the planet.

A good player and an excellent pro for many years, but hardly likely to demand a move away from OT was he.

Leave orf. Little Nobby was a genius at what he did. As for Palmer......

Every club heeds a midfield grafter, a getter and giver. Maybe if you were in Graham Taylors shoes then you would have selected Nobby Stiles ahead of Carlton Palmer..... unfortunately he was 50 by then. :rolleyes:

Archived