BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Leicester City Home 12/13

When he first came on he changed the way that we were playing, but he could easily have helped us grab a third on the break and he had a bit more quality with a couple of passes.

The main positives for me were the performances of Dann (apart from the backpass), Olsson and Bruno.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Rochina play behind the striker or on the wing?

behind striker(fit him like a glove), gave the ball away very poorly once, but other than that was a different class, Goodwillie also looked fitter and sharper than he has since joining, could be a great partnership but i don't expect Kean to start either of them against Leeds.

Steve's good team (as you call them) were playing against a Blackpool team who are playing their best football for years. We are lucky that we don't play them until later in the season.

Well Kean did call Ipswich a good team and 6-0 would prove otherwise.

Was this luck ?

Yes we played poorly - but from what I have read our defenders (incl Dann with the exception of the back pass) and goalkeeper all had good matches. We pay a small fortune to have possibly the best goal keeper in this league - and in Givet arguably the best defender - does this make us lucky ?

What I agree with - this can't continue - as we can't rely on our defence to keep getting us out of trouble. I would be curious as to how deep we played today - watching against Hull I felt we always played far too deep - this being half the problem. In theory we have arguably the best centre midfield pairing in the division and yet it hasn't looked like it yet - tactics must surely play a part in this (as well as strange team selections).

What are you on about? We were lucky because of how the game went....it has nothing to do with having some of the best defenders in the league.....it's not like they deserved to win because they had quite a few really good chances, ones cleared off the line and a disallowed goal but we were lucky not to concede for large spells of the game......they will feel aggrieved and rightly so.....but we scored more than them so we deserved to win the game....our added quality shone through for the goals.....really smart finish from Gomes and Pedersen's goal was actually really nice, he left their right back for dead with his first touch......we won't keep winning if the games go like that but we can certainly pick up quite a few points if our players provide enough moments of real quality.

Did Rochina play behind the striker or on the wing?

He seemed to be more centrally, drifting around.....he lost the ball near the end but showed great desire to win it back when they could have created a chance from it.

Robinson made some very good saves, he looks to have got his agility back.

Overall a pretty poor performance, but a good 3 points and now a good start to the season.

We were lucky not to go behind and we basically scored two goals out of nothing and only had one other real chance and that came right at the death.

Still of the opinion that we have the ability to win this league, there just aren't that many good teams in this league.

that just goes to show , we have the class to ###### on most in this league all we need is a real manager to steer the ship back to the prem.

behind striker(fit him like a glove), gave the ball away very poorly once, but other than that was a different class.

A couple of occassions he just put his head down and didn't look for a pass. One time he had several options but just blasted the ball into a defender in front of him.

Loads of raw potential but he's far too erratic to start games at the moment. For games like today though he's an excellent wildcard to play from the bench.

Nuno Gomes is almost the opposite - wonderful team player with great awareness of everything around him. There was one real moment of class where he let the ball run through his legs on the half way line. I'm not sure anybody in the stadium saw it coming.

A lucky win but a welcome one I suppose. Was that a walking stick Pedersen produced from somewhere? Get over it you big baby.

Rochina was as awful as I remember. He's like the kid in school who looks like a footballer, moves like a footballer, has all the best kit, can do all the tricks and then looks like a moron when he actually plays football.

A couple of occassions he just put his head down and didn't look for a pass. One time he had several options but just blasted the ball into a defender in front of him.

Loads of raw potential but he's far too erratic to start games at the moment. For games like today though he's an excellent wildcard to play from the bench.

What in front of Edinho?

• Backroom

I said before the game that if we could beat these I would be confident about our chances, well we did but I'm still not.

We were dreadful but then again if we can play that bad and still have just enough class to squeeze past one of the better teams we have a chance.

People said we were lucky on Wednesday - we weren't but today we had our share.

Random notes:

- pensioners goal was a touch of real class that 99% of this league just aren't capable of

- Edinho was out of his depth but Bruno was class

- not agreeing with the praise of Ruben, some of the worse decison making I've ever seen he wasted 3 or 4 great chances and ironically the goal came from him being greedy and slicing a shot, I'd still play him over the others mind

- Dann was as good as I have seen until the crazy mistake

- Goodwillies legs don't move quick enough

- one or two great saves from Robbo. His shot stopping isnt the problem it's his decison making at times

- I thought Murphy was good at set pieces?

- bar scoring a goal is there a better feeling in football than watching the opposition celebrate when you have already seen the flag?

If we had a competent manager I would really fancy us to take this league, shame we don't

Time to dry off

Just got back. Two words spring to mind - daylight robbery. Pearson must be gutted as Leicester were the better team by some distance for me (3 cleared off the line!), however it shows that having players capable of a touch of class (even if they are very few and far between as in Pedersen's case these days) can be the difference in this league. Still think the starting line up was all wrong, still think we won't go up with this muppet in charge, however it's another 3 points.

Playing people like Peds and Lowe on the wings is killing us, its just inviiting preassure its not good. In the first half Olsson and Riberio (who is now going on the back my shirt the lad can play! at least at this level) were our only attacking threats out wide.

Kean needs to sort this out asap, but the fact he left Lowe on till the end tells me he wont.

Apart from the Goal Peds was a passenger!!! Murphy was poor at times, Edinho is not up to it yet. Lowe is not a winger.

Givet, Bruno, Olsson, Etuhu, Gomes, Robbo were out only 'Positives' today performance wise.

• Backroom

Love Etuhus passion by the way, a couple of sloppy passes but gives his all

Funny when Kean thought Pedersen was doing a Yakubu only to go past him to get the stick!

I said before the game that if we could beat these I would be confident about our chances, well we did but I'm still not.

We were dreadful but then again if we can play that bad and still have just enough class to squeeze past one of the better teams we have a chance.

People said we were lucky on Wednesday - we weren't but today we had our share.

Random notes:

- pensioners goal was a touch of real class that 99% of this league just aren't capable of

- Edinho was out of his depth but Bruno was class

- not agreeing with the praise of Ruben, some of the worse decison making I've ever seen he wasted 3 or 4 great chances and ironically the goal came from him being greedy and slicing a shot, I'd still play him over the others mind

- Dann was as good as I have seen until the crazy mistake

- Goodwillies legs don't move quick enough

- one or two great saves from Robbo. His shot stopping isnt the problem it's his decison making at times

- I thought Murphy was good at set pieces?

- bar scoring a goal is there a better feeling in football than watching the opposition celebrate when you have already seen the flag?

If we had a competent manager I would really fancy us to take this league, shame we don't

Time to dry off

100 + agree

Pretty much agree with what has been written.

1. The sum of individuals does not add up the team as it should. Most played average but as a team we were poor. Leicester pressured a lot higher in the field than us and profited from that.

2. Bruno was actually quite good, especially in the second half. His ball rentention were Dioufsque and it seems strange now that he wasn't involved last year at all.

3. Rochina gave some urgency and fluency in attack, but still such a hazard when we are protecting a lead.

4. Goodwillie seemed a lot fitter and should've started. I still think he can do a job in this league.

5. Robbo was great.

6. Dann would easily been MOM but for his mistake. Can somebody tell him he is NOT Beckenbauer? Still is going to be an important player this season.

7. Givet was not as good as usual today and lost too many times in the air (e.g the goal where he mistimes and Dann makes the mistake under pressure)

8. I like the look of Murphy and Etuhu. There is calmness to the posession but they drop a little deep. Murphy needs a water carrier but I love how he get on the ball like Tugay did.

9. Credit to Gamst for a wonder goal. Drifted mostly inwards to make room for Olsson but showed wonderful skill to trap the ball and finish. You could see how much it meant to him after the Shebby debacle.

10. Olsson did ok at left back. Good going forward and not as bad as expected defensively. Very much like his brother. Better option than Lowe at least.

Watched this match from the comfort of my lounge and make no apologies for it.

Three matches gone and we aint half rode our luck. What happens when that luck runs out. Bizarre team selections by an imbecilic manager IMO.

We are searching high and low for a striker and we miss one on our doorstep just 30 odd miles down the road. Vardy looked excellent and he will only get better. WTF our scouts or Kean do is beyond me.

Points wise, a good start - come on Venky's, wake-up, see the rows and rows of empty seats, sack this clown, appoint a decent manager and watch the thousands return and, with a bit more luck, see a swift return to the PL.

I watched the game online and I thought we were total p!ss. Leicester were by far the best team and should have got a point at least. I can only remember us having three decent chances in the entire game and two of them went in. We have no pattern or style of play. We can't keep the ball. We aren't as fit as other teams. We have seven points from nine which is a great start. Sadly it gives Kean more credibility. If we continue to play like this, our luck will run out and we will get shown up.

Rochina was awful but can only improve with a run of games,he clearly has the talent to be our best player, the two goals were a touch of class.

best players

Robbo - vital saves

Dann - hate to say it but solid again, mistake took and awkward bounce

Marcus Olsson - played like his brother

Riberio - Were has he been hiding, great pre season and for me was MOM

• Backroom

I do agree Mercer but it isn't all luck it's down to the fact that the opposition just isn't as good as we're used to as well

If only the owners did the right thing and replaced the buffoon we could quite enjoy this season

On Bruno, he's clearly decent so why couldn't he even make cup squads last year? Fishy

Someone needs to tell Shebby to tell Kean that he needs to completely re-think what he says in post-match interviews. Acknowledging our faults and seeing the game truth fully will do him a world of good instead of being deluded and infruriating fans.

Saying we weren't fortunate today and we had the quality is just being deluded. 3 clear off the lines and a wrongfully chalked off goal is not quality. It's being LUCKY!

Just got back:

- Bruno was class. First time I have seen him and I thought he was good. Big surprise after all the flack he has had.

- rochina should be dropped - no room for selfishness in a team game. He made a few poor decisions

- goodwillie ran his socks off when he came on and was fast. I would select him over edinho

- edinho - out of his depth at moment

- Gomes good finish

- pensioner - class finish

Someone needs to tell Shebby to tell Kean that he needs to completely re-think what he says in post-match interviews. Acknowledging our faults and seeing the game truth fully will do him a world of good instead of being deluded and infruriating fans.

Saying we weren't fortunate today and we had the quality is just being deluded. 3 clear off the lines and a wrongfully chalked off goal is not quality. It's being LUCKY!

Clearances off the line all go down in my book as good defending, being in the right place at the right time.

However, we were very, very lucky with Leicester's chalked-off goal and if that had been given, there's a fair chance heads would have dropped and we would have been beaten comfortably.

At the end of the day, Leicester have only themselves to blame, enjoy that much possession and dominance then you just have to make it count.

I didn't see anything wrong with the goal. Wasn't offside, no foul. My stream was pretty iffy so I need to wait to see proper highlights but looking at Leicester's forum, all fans also saying they didn't see anything wrong (I know fans always say that but we'll see)

Archived