BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Leicester City Home 12/13

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruno is actually a pretty good player. Sounds like we played woefully again but the difference is we have players who can produce a bit of quality. We could bring on rochina who changed the game. We brought on gomes in midweek who changed the game.

Don't forget Leicester were pre season favourites for promotion.

I watched the game online and I thought we were total p!ss. Leicester were by far the best team and should have got a point at least. I can only remember us having three decent chances in the entire game and two of them went in. We have no pattern or style of play. We can't keep the ball. We aren't as fit as other teams. We have seven points from nine which is a great start. Sadly it gives Kean more credibility. If we continue to play like this, our luck will run out and we will get shown up.

Good summary of all three matches so far this season. Souness's Lady Luck must be smiling on us after turning her back us us all last season. It cannot last however - there are so many glaring weaknesses in this team we will slip down the league sooner rather later and quite likely be on the receiving end of a hammering from someone. Meanwhile the departure of Kean looks as far away as ever.

bottom line we won . things can only get better :rock:

Things will only get better when we lose 30 games on the bounce.

If we carry on winning games then its promotion back to the Premiership with Kean hailed as a hero and a new 5 year contract.

Disastorous result today.

Bruno was immense and worked his balls off. Could be the new fans favourite this lad. I wonder if tyrone andersons just as good but we don't actually know? ;)

Apart from that rovers were dire. How we won I'll never know.

Thought Danny murphy was great in the 2nd half. Excellent on the ball wInning some crucial challenges also.

Badtodger was a bit panicing mess when he came off.

I'll take the result anyway

• Backroom

Didn't seem anything wrong from what I saw ?

Not seen a replay but the flag went up very early and folk on here said he was marginally offside and a clear offside in the build up

Any Premier League team would've easily beaten us today. It just shows you can get away with it to a certain extent in the championship.

We are being badly let down by clueless team selection and tactics.

Just stick Rochina and Vuckcevic on the pitch - its not rocket science.

Whilst Best/CKR are out, Goodwillie has to play he's the next best option.

Crikey, it's all going swimmingly. I should extend my stay in Paris, perhaps. I was by Oscar Wilde's grave as our first went in. Not sure if it's seen such scenes of celebration before.

You take after your hero Kean and show, IMO, a distinct lack of respect !

- bar scoring a goal is there a better feeling in football than watching the opposition celebrate when you have already seen the flag?

Not really! The celebrations seemed to go for ages after everyone knew it was disallowed too!

We do seems to have much luck at the moment, we are doing well in spite of everything. Still, with a decent manager we'd probably look a bit more convincing! I wouldn't feel confident at 3-0 up with Coco in charge!

Great win today, happy Goodwillie got a game. He seemed to come alive when Rochina cam on and was unlucky to have his shot saved. Two great goals by Peds and Gomes.

Leicester played the better football but it's good when we are playing poor we're can still grind out results.

Their goal was due to some woeful defending, but with 3 points in the bag, 2nd in the league. That'll do pig, that'll do.

I know it's easy to criticise Edinho but it was his first start in a league game at 18 years old. Had he even made a competitive appearance before Rovers? I agree we should maybe play him in cup matches or maybe a loan away somewhere but this game may have given him some confidence.

Doesn't need much to win games at this level. Woeful quality.

This squad, under a proper manager could be contenders. An odd bit of quality and power is all you need.

However, what breaks my heart is to see Ewood so empty and the longer that man stands on the touchline, the less chance we have of EVER getting repsectable numbers through the gate again.

KEAN OUT.

Things will only get better when we lose 30 games on the bounce.

If we carry on winning games then its promotion back to the Premiership with Kean hailed as a hero and a new 5 year contract.

Disastorous result today.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't! Rovers scoring creates a conflict of emotions in my head these days! Though I did cheer MGP's goal today, first time in a while I've actually got animated! Surprised to see MGP not getting slated for high fiving Coco! Though he usually public enemy number one! Such a well taken goal though, his first touch gave him a lot of time to put it away, was like the MGP of old. He always was a MOTD player, looks great in a 5 minutes(if we were lucky!) highlights showing, but very frustrating over 90 minutes often! Is he going to stay or go? Must be a solid player for us this season? He seems to play well when his confidence is high.

Leicester is FAR FAR from a mid table club. They will be up there by the end of the season, if not winning the league. They have splashed the cash and are most pundits tip to win the league so this was a tough test.

Wrong. They have not splashed the cash and are only bookies favourite because they have the potential to spend big after their takeover. if anyone else has tipped them they have no brain.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1527&comp_id=2&teamTabs=transfers

I suppose the luck payback for that game against Crewe had to come sometime and it looks like it has come at the start of this season.

Is it too much to hope Venky's see through Coco to the rubbish football and selections and the club being abandoned by the supporters and commercial sponsors?

Damned if we do, damned if we don't! Rovers scoring creates a conflict of emotions in my head these days! Though I did cheer MGP's goal today, first time in a while I've actually got animated! Surprised to see MGP not getting slated for high fiving Coco! Though he usually public enemy number one! Such a well taken goal though, his first touch gave him a lot of time to put it away, was like the MGP of old. He always was a MOTD player, looks great in a 5 minutes(if we were lucky!) highlights showing, but very frustrating over 90 minutes often! Is he going to stay or go? Must be a solid player for us this season? He seems to play well when his confidence is high.

Agreed with conflict of emotions. The worst thing this regime has done to me is forcing me to feel both joy and sorrow when we win. Not going into Ewood park until changes but at Ipswich I felt nothing when we scored but was ###### off when conceded. Its like a constant battle with head and heart watching rovers. Head knows kean et al are turds and need to go asap but heart programmed over 30 yrs to want rovers to win at all costs. Horrible.

This isn't going as per the script at all.

I was assured we would have sold all our good players yet we have a keeper with 40+ England caps, 2 solid centre halves, and the nearest thing to a solid central midfield for years. It was also common knowledge that Ipswich,Hull and Leicester were seasoned Championship teams who would propel us on an inevitable descent to the lower reaches. Now it seems they are hopeless dross. Also, winning luckily/ugly isn't in fact a good thing at all now, it's a sign of impending doom.

We all know Kean needs to go but the script re-writing that goes on to try and prove he really really should go is getting silly.

7 points gained and 2 goals conceded is a great start and gives us the platform for a proper manager. If and when Kean gets sacked, it won;t be for results, otherwise he'd be long gone.

Good performerances by Bruno, Robbo and Olsson! But the difference today was when Rochina was brought on. Give him a runout on tuesday and he will be ready for Leeds!

Rochina should play in a role behind the striker.

Well done today and great 3 points but Goodwillie should had scored in the end.

This isn't going as per the script at all.

I was assured we would have sold all our good players yet we have a keeper with 40+ England caps, 2 solid centre halves, and the nearest thing to a solid central midfield for years. It was also common knowledge that Ipswich,Hull and Leicester were seasoned Championship teams who would propel us on an inevitable descent to the lower reaches. Now it seems they are hopeless dross. Also, winning luckily/ugly isn't in fact a good thing at all now, it's a sign of impending doom.

We all know Kean needs to go but the script re-writing that goes on to try and prove he really really should go is getting silly.

7 points gained and 2 goals conceded is a great start and gives us the platform for a proper manager. If and when Kean gets sacked, it won;t be for results, otherwise he'd be long gone.

My feelings exactly.

I have this terrible feeling that the bald numpty will not be sacked until we are playing in the Unibond league.

Archived