BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Leicester City Home 12/13

Improved atmosphere? It was absymal and brought home just far we've fallen.

Couldve been written by Kean himself!

my brain hurts after reading that! quite astonishing! "Fairplay to Kean,," felt like it used too". :wacko:

I didnt agree with those calling some fans "Rovers Fans.." but we obviously have lots of them!

Not a "Rovers Fan" but this is not exactly the first time i've been around for fans to be disenchanted with the manager and/or the board/owners. For me it's about football and that my team wins matches (or at least die trying!). Kean should have been sacked a long time ago but he is currently our manager and on this particular board there is a whole bunch of threads to discuss how/why/when he will/should be removed. Still i apologise for having enjoyed a game of football that our team won and highlighting the fact there were some good points YESTERDAY when compared to the last 12 months... :blush:

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Improved atmosphere? It was absymal and brought home just far we've fallen.

Sorry missed replying in the multiquote. As mentioned by other posters, when the 2nd goal went in there were actually audible cheers and at times a portion of the crowd were singing "like the old days". Naturally we are nowhere near the days of 25 thousand fans passionately singing but compared to 18 months of "kean out" and uncomfortable silences it was a small step forwards in terms of the atmosphere on matchdays.

I honestly don't know how to react to a win these days. I don't seem to get any pleasure because it appears to mean that the odious one stays at the club and I just can't go to watch any more whilst he is smirking there. What should I do, nothing feels right. :(

You've got a few choices Al.

1 Stay away until we have wonderful new owners and a top class manager. Could be a long long time before both happen.

2. Forget football. You're not gonna do that!

3. Turn up on Saturday and focus on the team and tell yourself that it is imperative that we get back as soon as possible - no matter how much you hate the character in the dugout. This is hard to do but I reckon many may choose this option eventually.

4. Remain an away games only fan - or a dodgy internet feed/message-board addict like me.

What do you think?

1 Stay away until we have wonderful new owners and a top class manager. Could be a long long time before both happen.

3. Turn up on Saturday and focus on the team and tell yourself that it is imperative that we get back as soon as possible - no matter how much you hate the character in the dugout. This is hard to do but I reckon many may choose this option eventually.

4. Remain an away games only fan - or a dodgy internet feed/message-board addict like me.

What do you think?

There is a fifth option as well Al, and it is the one I have chosen:

5. Find a nearby lower league or non-league team and go and support them. You might just find that you like it. My experience has been one where both teams more than make up for their lack of technical skills by their sheer enthusiasm and will to win. They go at it like they actually DO care, and the skill levels are not half as bad as some would have us believe. The end result is you leave the ground after the match actually feeling that you have been entertained, and got full value for your money.

Poor Leicester were robbed. Two excellent finishes from us but we were second best all game long I thought. Funny the comments about good teams finding a way to win when they don't play well. I am thinking it's more like a bad team catching some luck and as soon as it runs out we will plummet.

There is a fifth option as well Al, and it is the one I have chosen:

5. Find a nearby lower league or non-league team and go and support them. You might just find that you like it. My experience has been one where both teams more than make up for their lack of technical skills by their sheer enthusiasm and will to win. They go at it like they actually DO care, and the skill levels are not half as bad as some would have us believe. The end result is you leave the ground after the match actually feeling that you have been entertained, and got full value for your money.

No self respecting Rovers fan is going to start watching the dingles.

Not the best performance ever but encouraging in many ways. We now have a midfield which means the hoofball element has reduced.

Still banging on about hoofball. I thought that all went as soon as SK levered himself into the managers chair. Actually on second thoughts it did as he sought to brown nose Joan and we unfortunately went on a long winless streak until the senior pro's took over during the HT v Blackpool interval until the last game at Wolves.

Still banging on about hoofball. I thought that all went as soon as SK levered himself into the managers chair. Actually on second thoughts it did as he sought to brown nose Joan and we unfortunately went on a long winless streak until the senior pro's took over during the HT v Blackpool interval until the last game at Wolves.

Was referring to last season when our midfield lacked anybody willing/able to maintain possession and quite often we ended up with around 35% possession because we simply fed the ball back to the opposition. But hey lets just merge all threads to talk about how ###### Kean is and not talk about anything else :rolleyes:

How can people not rate Rochina's impact? We offered basically nothing offensively until he came on and then put them on the back foot.....yes he didn't create something every time but they wouldn't of sold him if he did......Murphy and Etuhu is a great pairing but they need someone in front who can find space and Rochina does exactly that.....I agree with the poster who said we should build our team around him.....Goodwillie is getting fitter.....he could certainly do some damage in this league as he proved a real handful for Celtic and Rangers in the past who are better than any C'ship side.

Rochina has done nothing yet to suggest that he's deserving of starting games. He's technically a very good footballer, but when he's started - or even when he's come on as sub - he simply makes the wrong decisions and gives the ball away too often. He's got to learn that being good in flashes isn't good enough for any club. He could make it here or almost anywhere given the technical ability, but he can't hope to start games when he's so unreliable.

I see Pedersen scored a cracker yesterday.

Rochina and Goodwillie both made mistakes yesterday but they're going to be rusty aren't they? The difference they made to the game is that they ran at the opposition defence. Before that I felt their defence had it easy. That's the difference.

Rochina and Goodwillie both made mistakes yesterday but they're going to be rusty aren't they? The difference they made to the game is that they ran at the opposition defence. Before that I felt their defence had it easy. That's the difference.

Sorry Booth, I was talking about Rochina as a starter, which Salgado has been calling for. I didn't make that clear. Rochina has been giving the ball away too often and in the wrong areas as long as he's been here, that isn't rustiness. He just needs a proper coach to guide him in the right direction.

I too thought they livened things up a bit, exactly why we won't see them together again, Kean is a numpty.

Rochina has done nothing yet to suggest that he's deserving of starting games. He's technically a very good footballer, but when he's started - or even when he's come on as sub - he simply makes the wrong decisions and gives the ball away too often. He's got to learn that being good in flashes isn't good enough for any club. He could make it here or almost anywhere given the technical ability, but he can't hope to start games when he's so unreliable.

I see Pedersen scored a cracker yesterday.

We actually look a threat going forward when he is on.....in my eyes, that makes him warrant a starting place....when he wasn't on, Murphy and Etuhu had nobody to pass to and Leicester were very comfortable......he can be wasteful but he always wants the ball and must have received it more than Lowe and Pedersen in the short time he was on.....he's not going to learn much by sitting on the bench though is he?.......the more he plays, the more in-tune with his teammates he should become and should be less wasteful....he's only 21 as well so he should get quite a bit better.

Once Pedersen starts to play well or provide moments of quality consistently not much has changed.....he still gave the ball away often, something you have just criticised Rochina for.....also I'm pretty sure it was another misplaced Pedersen pass that eventually led to their goal.......great goal though, Pedersen's that is.

What Rochina did do was look to run at the defence, to open things up, to make things happen and it forced the Leicester defence to back off. It also gave us a proper foil for Goodwillie and albeit often successfully, the 2 did seem to want to link up.

However has as been mentioned, his decision making was awful and on some occasions became a liability going back, and his final ball was terrible 9 times out of 10. We know he is capable of magic as we have seen he has a wand of a left foot, but he is incredibly raw. The only place he can play is in the hole, that is obvious. A good manager would see him as an important member of our squad.

I thought in the first half our attack was non-existent, not helped by the lack of threat from Lowe down the right, and Pedersen was barely involved either. Edinho was anonymous and Gomes showed his class with a few touches but looked isolated at times. In the second half Goodwillie made some decent runs to be fair and with Bruno looking much better than Lowe when pushed on(he looked to push on many times and caused a problem or two), that's when we looked a bit more threatening.

Next week will be one of the more difficult games of the season. That's why I would use Formica just off the striker as his work rate would be very useful and he could then link the play centrally and not be stuck out of position. Ideally we will have a new striker to lead the line, and out wide I don't expect Kazim to be back, therefore we lack pace unfortunately. I would use Simon to the right but there's no chance, so as long as it isn't Lowe there, I'd even take Bruno over him. Down the left I guess Pedersen would argue he deserves a spot with Olsson overlapping. Gomes and Rochina might be better off the bench in this game.

Rochina is a very frustrating player, always trying to do the spectacular when there is a simple ball available. At one point yesterday he just needed to square the ball to Goodwillie who was wide open but he went for a ridiculous lobbed ball which was a complete waste. I think he's just used to playing around more cultured footballers at Barca to be fair but it winds me up. That said, I would still start him next match.

What do you think?

#2 with a sprinkling of #1. Don't need 'wonderful owners and a top class manager', just respectable and competent.

Couldve been written by Kean himself!

my brain hurts after reading that! quite astonishing! "Fairplay to Kean,," felt like it used too". :wacko:

I didnt agree with those calling some fans "Rovers Fans.." but we obviously have lots of them!

Nowhere near an Rovers Fan as you say. Just somebody that after not renewing my season ticket woke up Saturday and decided enough of this boycott ######. Keans here wether we like it or not. It did feel like it used to when we scored. Their was real ecstasy when we scored that second and everyone jumping around. Aren't we allowed to celebrate a win anymore cup of beans? This board is full of people that are obsessed with kean and its getting a bit boring. Unfortunately he's here to stay for now and I certainly wont be bemoaning victories however they are achieved unlike half of this board.

Picking up on Dens comment about Rochina needing to learn that it's not enough being good in patches. There is another take on that. Maybe the manager needs to use him diferently.

Probably the best example of a manager who accommodated a similar player would be the way Warnock utilised Taraabt at QPR when they win the league. I think I'm right in saying that Taraabt didn't play 90 minutes throughout the whole season. Warnock realised that he would make mistakes and wouldn't work as hard as others but also realised that he could score a goal or set up a chance from nothing. Rochina could easily be out Taraabt at this level if used correctly.

It did feel like it used to when we scored. Their was real ecstasy when we scored that second and everyone jumping around. Aren't we allowed to celebrate a win anymore cup of beans? This board is full of people that are obsessed with kean and its getting a bit boring. Unfortunately he's here to stay for now and I certainly wont be bemoaning victories however they are achieved unlike half of this board.

Spot on. I've grown very,very tired of listening to the repetitive complaints about Kean, the owners, the idiocy of ST renewers, supporting the regime, etc. etc. The boycotters have become a broken record with nothing new to say, just repeating the same old mantra in thread after thread and post after post in thread and after thread. It's really tedious. If there is nothing new to say, say nothing.

Against Hull we had a pretty rubbish evening, a win but no real enjoyment. Saturday I went with no great expectations other than understanding we were playing one of the better teams in this league. It turned into a decent afternoon, I never felt we would lose, got to boo and throw abuse at Kean, saw two excellent goals and celebrated with many equally happy folk. Sounds like football to me.

I wouldn't want to punish myself or Tom by not going.

I take your point Paul, fully understand it and I don't begrudge you and Tom attending, as long as you direct some venom at those that have pulled this great club from the Premier League.

It is because of these charletons that we are where we are, and I long for the day they are driven out. I certainly don't want them going out on their own terms. They are a canker that needs to be removed.

Archived