BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Leicester City Home 12/13

Never thought we'd lose? All second half there was only one winner for me and it wasn't rovers. Kean is being saved by individual brilliance at the moment.

As for the negative tone on here, well I don't really agree when it extends to criticising those still going. But asking for an end to criticism of the current regime because its boring makes no sense. Let the media get bored of reporting on injustices that need to be fought against. As rovers fans we should never let up on the vermin that run us until they're out of the club.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought we'd lose? All second half there was only one winner for me and it wasn't rovers. Kean is being saved by individual brilliance at the moment.

As for the negative tone on here, well I don't really agree when it extends to criticising those still going. But asking for an end to criticism of the current regime because its boring makes no sense. Let the media get bored of reporting on injustices that need to be fought against. As rovers fans we should never let up on the vermin that run us until they're out of the club.

I'm not saying give up or stop. I'm suggesting creating thread after thead on the same topic and post after post by the same people on the same topic is incredibly boring. If there is something new to discuss fine, if someone wants to complain fine but I think it's time to stop diverting every thread down the same old avenue.

Very unusual start to the season. We are not playing well at all.

We are lucky that we have a couple of players capable of moments of magic, at this level.

I can't see us continuing to get lucky though. Any manager worth his salt will figure out that we are a poor team with some good individuals.

Mark them tightly and we are in trouble. We badly need to be better organised and fitter but thats not going to happen.

I'm not saying give up or stop. I'm suggesting creating thread after thead on the same topic and post after post by the same people on the same topic is incredibly boring. If there is something new to discuss fine, if someone wants to complain fine but I think it's time to stop diverting every thread down the same old avenue.

I know what youre saying, Paul. Im not ignorant. But quite clearly people are getting carried away in the euphoria. People were crediting Kean and making it out like Ewood is back to how it used to be.

If we had played well, in an enjoyable game, then Idve been the 1st to say so.

Nobody wants to enjoy watching the Rovers more than I do. But I havent been entertained since March!

Theres a big black cloud over Rovers and over me.

This game could have been any game from the last 20 years. I was far enough away to not notice Kean, so as far as I'm concerned he wasn't there. I went, with my kids, saw us win a game of football came home happy . For 90 minutes it was just about enjoying the game.

Spot on. I've grown very,very tired of listening to the repetitive complaints about Kean, the owners, the idiocy of ST renewers, supporting the regime, etc. etc. The boycotters have become a broken record with nothing new to say, just repeating the same old mantra in thread after thread and post after post in thread and after thread. It's really tedious. If there is nothing new to say, say nothing.

Against Hull we had a pretty rubbish evening, a win but no real enjoyment. Saturday I went with no great expectations other than understanding we were playing one of the better teams in this league. It turned into a decent afternoon, I never felt we would lose, got to boo and throw abuse at Kean, saw two excellent goals and celebrated with many equally happy folk. Sounds like football to me.

I wouldn't want to punish myself or Tom by not going.

That must be the kettle calling the pot ........ :wacko:

btw Paul. I didn't go so this is not my opinion but 2 mates I spoke to this morning said the Rovers were very poor and all the old faults are still there and that Leicester had good chances to go 4-0 up before we scored. It appears to me that the win yesterday might be described as lipstick on a pig.

Gordon, that is exactly what it is.

What's really odd and disconcerting is that a couple of lucky wins are changing peoples opinions.

I don't think opinions are changing but, ultimately, I enjoyed watching the Rovers win - even if it was against the run of play - just like I have done since my first match in 1961. Kean is clearly going nowhere, particularly in light of recent results, so it's a case of going and supporting the players on the pitch and celebrating a win. I'm certainly not going to apologise for supporting my club and celebrating a win!

I don't remember reading anything remotely inferring that people's opinions had been changed.......pretty much everyone pointed out how lucky we were, as well as how atrocious we were.

EGGSACKERLY!

it was like watching us play against utd... hanging on by our fingertips and snatching a win against all odds but without the feeling of being grateful.

the leeds game will show us just where we are i think.

Rochina is a very frustrating player, always trying to do the spectacular when there is a simple ball available. At one point yesterday he just needed to square the ball to Goodwillie who was wide open but he went for a ridiculous lobbed ball which was a complete waste. I think he's just used to playing around more cultured footballers at Barca to be fair but it winds me up. That said, I would still start him next match.

Playing the simple ball is a religion at Barcelona. No wonder he's no longer there.

That must be the kettle calling the pot ........ :wacko:

The first paragraph refers to the MB, the second to the football match. It's perfectly clear from the context.

btw Paul. I didn't go so this is not my opinion but 2 mates I spoke to this morning said the Rovers were very poor and all the old faults are still there and that Leicester had good chances to go 4-0 up before we scored. It appears to me that the win yesterday might be described as lipstick on a pig.

Find the post where I suggested a thing has changed. Leicester certainly had chances to score, they didn't which is either down to good goalkeeping (which is what we pay for) or poor finishing (which Leicester pay for). Rovers took two chances with good strikes - that's how it goes in some games. We withstood a lot of Leicester pressure, strange we pay defenders to do that as well? Once we scored I thought it would be our day. The players did OK, they won a potentially difficult game, strangely I thought that's what we pay them to do - excuse me if I'm confused.

Like a lot of other people I enjoyed watching the team win. The atmosphere as a result was good, folk were happy to enjoy the win. Before anyone jumps in I mean the atmosphere in the sense of the way people felt - not the singing etc. though even the JWers were singing in places, must be all those Rovers Fans having fun? It doesn't mean they don't understand the problems.

Still if people want to moan and be miserable that's OK, it would just be good to refrain from endlessly repeating the same thing. I'll wait till we get beat at Ewood. I won't be commenting on the Leeds game as I'm not going- I always make it a point not to comment on games I haven't watched. That'll give you something to search for today.

I think Paul, your comments may well come across as being a tad disrespectful which is odd coming form you. Over here in Spain, the fact that Rovers are unbeaten and are 2nd in the league does not bely the fact that we have played utter rubbish against teams which a Rovers side should be easily beating with their eyes shut.

Any decent manager worth his salt would know the correct formation/team to send out against teams that can battle, truth is Rovers have seriously struggled and will come a cropper this coming Saturday.

I cant fathom eoither why we are not reading about the missing 7000 missing fans, Agnew and Shaw are conspicuous byu their absence in the media, Singh has shut up whilst KEANSCUM is still hogging the limelight and that is the reason why I along with the other 7k missin g fans wont be returning till he departs our club. 7 points or not he is NOT wanted at this beautiful club

It appears to me that the win yesterday might be described as lipstick on a pig.

That's what its looked like so far. We've been awful in our games to date. If anyone thinks we can go on like this and be successful they have their head in the sand. It's been a surprisingly good start to season, but the same problems remain and unless we improve dramatically we will be found out. We have 7 points, we could just as easily have 1 or 2. I'm not wishing for that, I'm just being realistic about what our performances have merited so far.

• Moderation Lead

Gordon, that is exactly what it is.

What's really odd and disconcerting is that a couple of lucky wins are changing peoples opinions.

Anyone that's changing their opinion is letting the wool be pulled over their eyes- as we've not played well yet this season, we've been utterly gash in the 3 games so far. How Leicester in particular didn't smash us I'll never know.

Archived