BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Leicester City Home 12/13

Spoke to a police officer outside the ground. The control room said only 9000 rovers fans had actually gone through the turnstiles today. 2000 Leicester fans. What was the official attendance?

Pattern emerging following this:

James Wilkinson@jimwilkz

I'm told by a well-informed source that just over 11,000 went thru turnstiles for the Hull match

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well its the first time I havs seen rovers play watch it online, where to start. Well how did we win that one, the interplay was poor, passing was poor, closing down was poor.

we look like a team that have not play together before, and we need cover for the attacking side of our game, playing a 18 yrs old didi not work.

still living near Burnley I am still glad that we won and there lost, no stick this weekend them

On the game itself. We rode our luck but their were positives. I thought Ribero was good along with Olsson. It was also a pleasure to see the legend that is Nuno Gomes score a goal in the blue and white halves!!

Negatives for me were Etuhu and Dann. Every time he played a short pass today he got his foot under it and made the receivers task doubly difficult on the wet surface. Dann put some great blocks in but he is always good for a goal. The communication between him and Robbo is non existent.

This isn't going as per the script at all.

I was assured we would have sold all our good players yet we have a keeper with 40+ England caps, 2 solid centre halves, and the nearest thing to a solid central midfield for years. It was also common knowledge that Ipswich,Hull and Leicester were seasoned Championship teams who would propel us on an inevitable descent to the lower reaches. Now it seems they are hopeless dross. Also, winning luckily/ugly isn't in fact a good thing at all now, it's a sign of impending doom.

We all know Kean needs to go but the script re-writing that goes on to try and prove he really really should go is getting silly.

7 points gained and 2 goals conceded is a great start and gives us the platform for a proper manager. If and when Kean gets sacked, it won;t be for results, otherwise he'd be long gone.

Best post I've read so far today.

I just want Kean to go.

Dream scenario Holloway In charge with free reign in team affairs & player purchases.

Aye...another 3 points nearer to keeping Kean. :angry2:

If I knew he would be sacked, I'd take 3, 5, 10 straight defeats, whatever it takes to get rid. Promotion is an irrelevance until he's gone really. It's a weird feeling - part of me is happy with the win and 3 points, but the greater part is ###### off that we won because it just prolongs the agony of enduring the talentless, inept, smug little cretin on the touchline.

Rochina: can be forgiven for basically trying too hard imo. Wanted to make a difference every time he touched the ball. Not surprising when he has not worn his boots on a Saturday for I don't know how long.

Goodwillie: showed an awareness of others that he hasn't done previously, maybe because he had a full 45 minutes rather than 15. Always tries, though with sometimes more heat than light.

Bruno: I don't care where he was last season too much. When was the last time one of our players went past their men so fluidly from right mid.

Appears the team is taking shape.

Prediction: Etuhu: player of the season in May

I keep looking at the score to make sure we still won today we were that bad.

So Bilaji can't pick a team either. Wonder if Mr. D's will do better next week. They are drawing straws for who picks next of that I am sure.

We can't keep playing like this and winning for long.

Anyone thinking the perverse thought that the OAP celebration might get Kean sacked after his best run of results?

Should have gone for a bike ride.

Rochina: can be forgiven for basically trying too hard imo. Wanted to make a difference every time he touched the ball. Not surprising when he has not worn his boots on a Saturday for I don't know how long.

Goodwillie: showed an awareness of others that he hasn't done previously, maybe because he had a full 45 minutes rather than 15. Always tries, though with sometimes more heat than light.

Bruno: I don't care where he was last season too much. When was the last time one of our players went past their men so fluidly from right mid.

Appears the team is taking shape.

Prediction: Etuhu: player of the season in May

Only problem with Bruno is 2 more games triggers a clause in his contract. No idea what, but he'll be out when Orr and Keano have a kiss and cuddle.

Spoke to Etuhu after match, had foot in a flip flop. Wating to have it assessed tomorrow.

Murphy poor for me again today always passing square and backwards.

Imagine if Lowe was added to the middle for Murphy. We'd have a better midfield and a £50,000 a WEEK sub to bring on against Burnley! HaH! Suck that Sam Dingle!

I keep looking at the score to make sure we still won today we were that bad

So Bilaji can't pick a team either. Wonder if Mr. D's will do better next week. They are drawing straws for who picks next of that I am sure.

We can't keep playing like this and winning for long.

Anyone thinking the perverse thought that the OAP celebration might get Kean sacked after his best run of results?

Should have gone for a bike ride.

Only problem with Bruno is 2 more games triggers a clause in his contract. No idea what but he'll be out when Orr and Keano have a kiss and cuddle.

Certainly rode the luck today, Pearson said in the press conference that he wasn't happy with the disallowed goal and also questioned Rovers first goal as he felt their keepers vision was blocked.

Kean was asked about possible signings he replied that it is more difficult as season has now started, no names asked about, I thought Bruno played well today and have to ask why we didn't we see him last season even on the bench or in cup games.

A long way to go of course and we are not going to be lucky like this all the time, Leicester came at us straight away and there was no let up, looked like they were the home team a lot of the time.

, we need to work on how to control games, as we know the players are there to do it, just need some direction.

8 - Robbo - great reflex saves to keep 'The Foxes' at bay. Too good for this league.

8 - Bruno - deserved MOTM for me. Actually Looks like he can play. Good, energetic performance and his bursts forward when shifted to the wing managed to keep Konchesky pinned back.

6 - Olsson - didn't think he did brilliantly but did a job. His pace helped us stretch play.

7 - Dann - easily good enough for this level. He and Givet looked very very comfortable until the error.

5 - Lowe - very poor at right midfield. Not got the pace or technical ability to take a man on. I think the plan was to use he and Bruno combined to protect that side due to Konchesky looking like the main outlet.

7 - Morten - looked nice in patches and his goal was a touch of Pedersen old, but gave the ball away too much in the first half.

8 - Etuhu - I liked his industry and tenacity. Exactly what our midfield has lacked for a while.

7 - Murphy - like Morten thought he was poor first half, but settled 2nd and tried to dictate play as the game became stretched.

6 - Gomes - excellent finish and showed flashes of brilliance, but looks off the pace to play behind the striker. Might be better as an impact sub.

1 - Edinho - not up to it.

6 - Rochina - he changed the glow of the game with his running which put City on the back foot, but his decision making and final ball were plop. His "pass" for the goal was a blocked shot.

5 - Goodwillie - looks very rusty. Tries hard but needs games. I actually think he would get a fair few if he got sharp.

I missed Weds due to a new baby, and thought we looked abject today. I think we will certainly win more than we lose in this division.

For me Leicester are a decent peg of this divisions quality - strong and physical through the spine with creativity coming from the wings. We will get at least a playoff berth IMO even with the bald fatty in charge.

Peace out! X

On Bruno, he's clearly decent so why couldn't he even make cup squads last year? Fishy

Well if it's not his ability and he wasn't injured then it's likely to be financial reasons. Don't know how or why but as Conan Doyle wrote " when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

8 - Robbo - great reflex saves to keep 'The Foxes' at bay. Too good for this league.

8 - Bruno - deserved MOTM for me. Actually Looks like he can play. Good, energetic performance and his bursts forward when shifted to the wing managed to keep Konchesky pinned back.

6 - Olsson - didn't think he did brilliantly but did a job. His pace helped us stretch play.

7 - Dann - easily good enough for this level. He and Givet looked very very comfortable until the error.

5 - Lowe - very poor at right midfield. Not got the pace or technical ability to take a man on. I think the plan was to use he and Bruno combined to protect that side due to Konchesky looking like the main outlet.

7 - Morten - looked nice in patches and his goal was a touch of Pedersen old, but gave the ball away too much in the first half.

8 - Etuhu - I liked his industry and tenacity. Exactly what our midfield has lacked for a while.

7 - Murphy - like Morten thought he was poor first half, but settled 2nd and tried to dictate play as the game became stretched.

6 - Gomes - excellent finish and showed flashes of brilliance, but looks off the pace to play behind the striker. Might be better as an impact sub.

1 - Edinho - not up to it.

6 - Rochina - he changed the glow of the game with his running which put City on the back foot, but his decision making and final ball were plop. His "pass" for the goal was a blocked shot.

5 - Goodwillie - looks very rusty. Tries hard but needs games. I actually think he would get a fair few if he got sharp.

I missed Weds due to a new baby, and thought we looked abject today. I think we will certainly win more than we lose in this division.

For me Leicester are a decent peg of this divisions quality - strong and physical through the spine with creativity coming from the wings. We will get at least a playoff berth IMO even with the bald fatty in charge.

Peace out! X

Pretty much Exactly how I saw things!

The gate was given as 13900. TBH I don't believe the number. There were fewer in the BBE and Riverside than Wednesday night plus Leicester brought +/- 2000. I think the gate was closer to 12k and 10k supporting Rovers.

Spoke to a police officer outside the ground. The control room said only 9000 rovers fans had actually gone through the turnstiles today. 2000 Leicester fans. What was the official attendance?

I think 11000 is far more accurate. I'm certain it was fewer than Wednesday. Plus on Wednesday night there was a large queue at the TO when we arrived AFTER kick off.

The gate was given as 13900. TBH I don't believe the number. There were fewer in the BBE and Riverside than Wednesday night plus Leicester brought +/- 2000. I think the gate was closer to 12k and 10k supporting Rovers.

Even with the official figures of 13,562 for Hull and then 13,935 today, surely with the increase in away fans the number of home fans decreased? Insanity that really blows the "a few wins and fans will return" theory, if anything a weekend match would surely bring more walk-ons in a normal world?

Very frustrating performance on the pitch with the same glaring tactical problems we've endured for way too long, yet a fantastic result. My excitement at this was short lived and by the time I reached home the reality kicked in, when you are frantically whistling for the final whistle against Leicester who quite frankly will be baffled why they didn't take 3 points what hope the rest of the season? Maybe our quality will continue to outweigh the poor management, it is pretty weird to still have such concerns with the points already looking healthy on the board.

On the positive side Bruno Riberio looks like a football player and not a comedy character. Edinho should never have been thrown in at the deep end like that, maybe it was blind faith but for me Goodwillie gave us more up the top end of the pitch.

I think quite a number of Wednesday walk ons had a rude awakening when they found out the team performances were still dire and the management direction add-hoc

Summer had clouded their judgement and memory which was jolted back into life after witnessing the depressing Hull match.

By all accounts todays performance isn't going to get them flocking back. Once bitten, twice shy and all that (as well as being embarrassed by how easily they caved in and watched a Steve Kean team again)

A win is a win, no matter how poor the performance.

And its a result we need if we're to obtain promotion.

Ideally Kean hits 15 points in 7 games, or a point shy of whatever the agreed target might be, and is shown the door ASAP, with a real manager replacing him.

Archived