BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Leicester City Home 12/13

Rochina is the one indulgence that we can afford in the league. A player who does little other than offer an occasional spark of match winning ability. A Tarabt at QPR, a Hoilett or a Berkovic last time we were in this position. However the team must be set up to accomodate him and keep him with a free role in support of the striker in and around the opponents pen area, they must be prepared to do the graft necessary to indulge his talents. Not sure given the way he wasted Hoiletts talent that Kean understands how to get the best out of him.

Spot on. Rochina is not the finished article but could do some damage in this league. He will never fit into a 4-4-2 system though and a good centre-forward and unselfish players like MGP and Etuhu to be on form around him.

Memory might be fading now but didn't a switch to a virtually unknown 3-5-2 formation to make most use of Berkovic's prodigious creative talent not coincide with our improvement? I rem it worked fantastically in the Championship but Arsenal blew us out of the water when we tried it on them in the Cup.

We did that in quite a few games and we also had a 4-3-3 with Duff staying wide on the left and Jansen coming in on his left from the right. Kean doesn't have the legs in midfield, the pace out wide or the forwards to play 4-4-2 yet plays it every game!

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the look of Rochina and Goodwillie together later on in the match. If Rochina can get over his greediness I think that partnership can actually work. I might get slated for saying this but I don't see any reason why Goodwillie won't be able to score a hatful this season if given the opportunity, he just needs to find a bit more confidence in front of goal.

I liked the look of Rochina and Goodwillie together later on in the match. If Rochina can get over his greediness I think that partnership can actually work. I might get slated for saying this but I don't see any reason why Goodwillie won't be able to score a hatful this season if given the opportunity, he just needs to find a bit more confidence in front of goal.

He could do a job at this level IMO...

Souey did go to 3-5-2 a lot that season - sometimes almost too soon in games - but Eyal didn't join until Feb 2001 iirc. That's what I meant about being able to strengthen outside of what would now be transfer windows (similar to Berg's full time signing after a short term loan).

We were already on the up and up by the time Eyal joined, he just helped us rather over the line. :)

Interestingly, the same member who would not darken the door of the website also lambasted Berkovic's signing, and was campaigning for Hartson (Berkovic's nemesis) to join. Oh how we laughed.

I remember Bolton fans moaning when we signed Hignett and Berkovic, saying that we've just guaranteed ourselves promotion.

I agree with every word.

I was amazed at the euphoria around ewood.from the 2nd goal onwards!

Not enough kean out chants.

Bigger picture being missed.

The bigger picture is what you ain't getting. The way I see it its win win at the minute kean keeps on winning we get promoted and you would have to say fair play to him. His luck runs out and the results don't follow and he's gone. Yes I can't stand the man but I ain't gonna not celebrate 3 points. Really enjoyed yesterday and the ecstasy after our second felt like it used to

The way I see it its win win at the minute kean keeps on winning we get promoted and you would have to say fair play to him. His luck runs out and the results don't follow and he's gone.

Didn't we used to be in the Premier League?

Didn't he inherit a side that was closer to the top, than the bottom?

Didn't he get us relegated?

I'd say his "luck" ran out ages ago, wouldn't you?

Didn't we used to be in the Premier League?

Didn't he inherit a side that was closer to the top, than the bottom?

Didn't he get us relegated?

I'd say his "luck" ran out ages ago, wouldn't you?

100% correct.

Kean has been lucky so far in that we haven't been behind and had to chase a game. I'd suggest he has no plan b for such events as evidenced several times last season.we've been lucky as we have 7 points, but really couldn't have complained if we had 0 based on performances. That's down to luck and a lack of quality in the opposition.

100% correct.

Kean has been lucky so far in that we haven't been behind and had to chase a game. I'd suggest he has no plan b for such events as evidenced several times last season.we've been lucky as we have 7 points, but really couldn't have complained if we had 0 based on performances. That's down to luck and a lack of quality in the opposition.

I agree we've been lucky so far but saying it's due to lack of quality of opposition seems a bit unfair since Leicester are/were favorites for the league and Hull are a solid Championship side.

ROCHINA WATCH

76 On for Gomez.

77 Receives ball and beats oncoming defender in one movement. Glides a delightful, inch-perfect ball to Lowe on R wing with outside of his boot.

Receives again with his back to goal and lays off perfectly to an on-rushing Olsson on L wing. Noticeable appreciation from crowd and a sad indictment of what has gone on before!

Tries to connect with Ollson's cross but defender heads away.

78 Fouled in the middle of LC half. Taken quickly.

Outrageous attempt at a shot from 35+ yards. The ball balloons off a defender to Pedersen in the box who controls and dispatches brilliantly.

81 Receives near centre circle and lays off simply to Ollson(?) who feeds Bruno. Bruno dummies the defender and rushes into the box but his shot is weak and eventually the ball finds Rochina on the edge of the box. His shot is weak and rolls harmlessly into GK's hands.

83 Receives ball in centre circle but first touch is not perfect. Tries a drag-back under pressure but is easily dispossessed leading to a very dangerous LC attack. Vardy again goes past Dann too easliy.

87 Trying to help out Bruno in defence but his drag-back goes out of play.

Quick Rovers counter.

GW on L wing fires in a very hard "pass" but Rochina, running towards goal, fails to control the head-high ball and it is cleared.

88 Dann boots a long clearance but it bounces over Rochina who is the only Rovers player in the LC half.

90 Again the only player in the LC half, he receives a Murphy pass and it's 2 v 2 as GW charges down the middle. Rochina's pass is poor, however, and the ball is cleared easily.

92 Receives Murphy's pass on the L wing. A promising 25 y run ends frustratingly when he runs straight into the defender on the edge of the box and is easily dispossessed. Eventually he chases the ball down and puts in a good tackle to put the ball into touch. Crowd cheers.

93 Receives Murphy's pass and plays a nicely weighted pass to GW on the R wing. GW runs into the box but is denied by the outrushing GK.

Rochina collects a ball into the box but his low cross is easily blocked.

I agree we've been lucky so far but saying it's due to lack of quality of opposition seems a bit unfair since Leicester are/were favorites for the league and Hull are a solid Championship side.

Both those sides have created and missed good quality chances against us. I'd say that is a mix of luck for us, and possibly a lack of quality on their part. It could also be that it's early season too, or other reasons.

I can't say any of the teams played so far have been brilliant, but they have all been better organised, and have outplayed us.

I thought they changed the game for us - that kid Edinho looked useless as did we until they came on. I actually thought we looked a better team when they came on! For most the game we were nowhere near the better team.

Not the best performance ever but encouraging in many ways. We now have a midfield which means the hoofball element has reduced. We won a game that we could easily have lost and Kean got the subs right and talked realistically after game (ie - wasn't great, we didn't do certain things well etc). Even with a small crowd the atmosphere was much improved.

Overall a good day but still much work to be done if we are to genuinely push for automatic promotion.

Not the best performance ever but encouraging in many ways. We now have a midfield which means the hoofball element has reduced. We won a game that we could easily have lost and Kean got the subs right and talked realistically after game (ie - wasn't great, we didn't do certain things well etc). Even with a small crowd the atmosphere was much improved.

Overall a good day but still much work to be done if we are to genuinely push for automatic promotion.

Couldve been written by Kean himself!

The bigger picture is what you ain't getting. The way I see it its win win at the minute kean keeps on winning we get promoted and you would have to say fair play to him. His luck runs out and the results don't follow and he's gone. Yes I can't stand the man but I ain't gonna not celebrate 3 points. Really enjoyed yesterday and the ecstasy after our second felt like it used to

my brain hurts after reading that! quite astonishing! "Fairplay to Kean,," felt like it used too". :wacko:

I didnt agree with those calling some fans "Rovers Fans.." but we obviously have lots of them!

I agree in a way as its a win win, I cannot stand Kean one bit IMO he needs to go, but if we're winning im happy to a certain degree because its getting points on the board, I just want to get back to the prem. The best situation would be that Kean gets sacked and we go up but thats not going to happen at the moment.

I am glad were winning games and don't care how we win them so long as we end up back in the Prem were we belong.

Why do we belong in the Prem? We are where we are because we got relegated due to not being good enough, on or off the field. In my opinion the club is in a worse state now.

I honestly don't know how to react to a win these days. I don't seem to get any pleasure because it appears to mean that the odious one stays at the club and I just can't go to watch any more whilst he is smirking there. What should I do, nothing feels right. :(

The problem is that for Kean to be fired we're going to have to go on a terrible run of form which probably results in us being in the relegation zone by Christmas. The reality is that we need premiership football and its not easy to decide which is the better option - Lose several games in a row, lose touch with the automatic promotion spots but get rid of Kean, or stay in the top 3/4, perhaps get promoted automatically but keep Kean on. I can only hope that it'll only take a couple of really bad defeats for Venkys to pull the trigger but I fear that he'll be given months of time even if we don't get results.

Archived