BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] worst striker you have seen at ewood?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea Derbyshire was a super sub, usually dangerous off the bench.

That Sinama Pongolle header was against Spurs wasn't it, the game Keane handballed it and we lost 3-2.....then finished 2 points behind them.

That season could have changed so much with a couple of different results...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005–06_FA_Premier_League#Final_league_table

I mentioned him on the first page theno. I remember going to a night match at Port Vale where we got beat 3-0 I think. He was shocking!

I remember being on TV celebrating when he scored against Barnsley...he was turd though.

Odd question but does anyone know who the guy with the tash and glasses is who shouts "effin hell!!!" after Redknapp scored his goal at Anfield in 1995? I've never seen him before or after that game but his reaction summed up exactly how I was feeling at that moment.

It cuts away on this version but you can see him 2mins 45sec - bottom right.

Suprised no one has mentioned Shearer yet.... Duncan that is. Scored every week for Swindon then when we bought him he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo for us. Rumoured at the time that we only bought him to stop him scoring for Swindon and in doing so derail their promotion challenge.

He scored 2 in 2 early on.. Maybe 2 in his 1st 2 games. I think. Barnsley and Wolves (The Matt Dickens game).

Ive still got the play off final programme. Our squad was incredible (for the league).

Odd question but does anyone know who the guy with the tash and glasses is who shouts "effin hell!!!" after Redknapp scored his goal at Anfield in 1995? I've never seen him before or after that game but his reaction summed up exactly how I was feeling at that moment.

Ive often wondered that. I'll go for .. Thenodrog! ;)

I'll raise your Per Pedersen with Anders Andersson. Made 4 appearances in 2 seasons. Somehow also spent 3 years at Benfica as well...

AA was a midfielder.

Jon Stead has been mentioned, and second season Stead really was amongst the worst I've ever seen in any shirt.

No way. Can't be 'Beamo'. If only for his cult status.

Kids playing football in the street in Blackburn in the 70's. Someone fires it high n' wide. Up goes the cry from his mates, everyone one of them pointing at him, chanting together: 'Beamo, Beamo, Beamo'. (Without irony, I might add).

There's only one real candidate for worst striker in my time following the blue and white halves: Andy Crawford.

Someone correct me, but I remember he came to us from goodness knows where when we were in Div 3, 1979-ish. Scored twenty goals on a pitch that was more sand than grass and then decided he was too good for us.

On advice from his dad, apparently, (the days before agents?) he said he wanted to play in a team more suited to his talents and went on strike.

As I remember, that was the last we or anybody else ever heard of him. Did he even get his move in the end? The opinion amongst the fans of his over-inflated ego seemed to be 'sod him'.

Archived