BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Boro

cn174

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Givet was definitely at fault. He's too small to be a centre half. He backed off the Boro player for a second, giving him a few seconds to get into perfect position, then belatedly decided to make a challenge. He either had to be tight to him immediately so that he couldn't get an easy path to where the ball was going, or he needed to back off completely and challenge the second ball. He ended up doing neither.

Dann was also at fault, he made it far too easy for Boro. He either needed to keep backtracking towards the penalty area, or close down immediately and test Jutkiewicz's speed of thought and technique. A bit like Givet, ended up doing neither and it was far, far too easy.

I'd like to see the other defenders try to do something. I don't think it's reasonable to expect Givet to challenge for the ball and sweep up behind himself. I admit he didn't win the header, but the rest of the defence just jogged back doing nowt. At least Givet tried to do something ie win the header in the first place and get a block in second. The rest of 'em did nowt.

I do note that the Boro lad hit the ground running better after the header admittedly, and maybe you are saying that Givet mistimed his header and then didn't react quickly afterwards. That might be right, but at least he was trying to do something.

• Backroom

(Please don't use that word again) off Kean. Just (Please don't use that word again) off and get out of this club. You are a disgrace, and we will soon be in our rightful place at the bottom end of the league as long as you stay in charge.

What a joke this has been.

I'd like to see the other defenders try to do something. I don't think it's reasonable to expect Givet to challenge for the ball and sweep up behind himself. I admit he didn't win the header, but the rest of the defence just jogged back doing nowt. At least Givet tried to do something ie win the header in the first place and get a block in second. The rest of 'em did nowt.

I do note that the Boro lad hit the ground running better after the header admittedly, and maybe you are saying that Givet mistimed his header and then didn't react quickly afterwards. That might be right, but at least he was trying to do something.

He initially decided to back off, then changed his mind and decided to go for the header. By that time Jutkiewicz had been able to position himself perfectly for the flick-on because there wasn't a defender tight on him making his life difficult. Givet needed to be tight to him all the way through if he was going to challenge. Once he'd started to back off he needed to stay off, it was pointless going for a header he couldn't win at that stage.

Dann was just as bad in that passage of play, but it was poor from Givet. That couple of seconds of indecision cost us a goal.

Archived