BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Boro

cn174

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Dann ruptures his other testicle.

As for Murphy, he couldn't of cared less if we lost or won tonight, he was just strolling about giving the ball away at every opportunity. He was even telling other people to take the corners because he couldn't be bothered. Not that it mattered because he was crap at them aswell.

No right winger, two slow central midfielders, a very poor right back coupled with a very poor centre half in Dann and to top it all a bunch of Scottish comedians trying to orchestrate the team in Kean, Hendry and Black.

Why did I ever bother going tonight comfortably beaten once again.

The opening games and Boro in particular have exposed just how of this squad are totally out of their depth at this level

Orr - a completely useless defender redeemed only slightly by an occasional good cross

Dann - a £5m payer ? wtf!!!

Murphy - slow does not even begin to describe him

Formica - slower than a snail

Ribeiro -a featherweight trying to punch in the heavy weights

Rochina -one good touch in twenty

Edhinho - way way out of depth

Givet - an utterly overrated cult hero - another snail

Lowe - one of the least talented players -albeit a tryer - to emerge from the Academy

Fans are deluded if they think this squad is anywhere close to promotion quality regardless of who is manager

Several other players who are likely to disappear without trace - Rosado, Jorge

I couldn't disagree with most of your assessments. I do think that Formica would be better if he played in a more advanced role in midfield, where he could create. He is too slow to be a winger. Kean is supposed to be a football manager yet can't spot these things. I think that Givet is a good defender. Playing with Dann doesn't help. Rochina is infuriatingly inconsistent. Murphy has been terrible and Edinho looks like a park footballer.

Expletives would get deleted so there's no point going into too much detail.

I'll still never agree with the Kean out chants while our players are on the pitch no matter how poor he is because it can't be too good for player performances (some will question what performances i'm on about here).

What I will say though is i'd rather it be directed towards Kean rather than our players (such as Murphy who seems to have become the new scapegoat).

Didn't deserve the penalty at the end.

The fact that after seven games Kean is still averaging two points a game will, I suspect, be enough to keep him in a job. However, there needs to be a drastic rethink with regard to personnel and tactics. Murphy and Etuhu don't look good together as both are sitting far too deep. If Etuhu was further forward it might give Murphy more time and space than he gets at the moment with Etuhu virtually next to him. I'm not sure if Shebby or Kean is the one buying the players but questions have to be asked why we haven't bought an outside-right, a right-back, a left-back and a box to box midfielder like Jermaine Jones. We have any number of players who want to play in the "hole" but only Gomes has actually looked good in that position.

Although our defence has been poor the fact remains that our midfield offers nothing going forward. If the shackles are put on Rhodes and Gomes there is nothing coming from any other part of the team except from set pieces.

Tonight was another hugely disappointing performance and also, for the first time this season, a disappointing result. However, 14 points from seven games is a good platform on which to build if more can be gotten from players who are being paid a small fortune to win promotion this season. One feels that it's promotion or bust this season and I suspect one of the reasons that Kean is still here is because the club know that finding a replacement is going to be less than straightward.

Very random fact to finish

Middlesbrough is twinned with Oberhausen in Germany, which is where Paul the Octopus (http://en.wikipedia....aul_the_Octopus) lived. I’m sure if he was still alive today he’d go for a 3-2 victory for Rovers which is what I’m going for too.

stupid octopus :angry: :angry:

Seriously, what a load of crap that was.

no it wont, plenty of good managers out there

There may be plenty of good managers out there but how many will want to work in the circus that Ewood Park has become. What manager in their right mind would accept a job where the players are simply presented to him and he has to make the best of it? A new manager may want to completely restructure the playing squad but would Shebby allow it and where would the money come from? I can think of reasons why Shebby and Venkys might be reluctant to get rid of Kean. At the moment he takes all the flak but if he goes the spotlight moves to Shebby and the owners.

The fact that after seven games Kean is still averaging two points a game will, I suspect, be enough to keep him in a job. However, there needs to be a drastic rethink with regard to personnel and tactics. Murphy and Etuhu don't look good together as both are sitting far too deep. If Etuhu was further forward it might give Murphy more time and space than he gets at the moment with Etuhu virtually next to him. I'm not sure if Shebby or Kean is the one buying the players but questions have to be asked why we haven't bought an outside-right, a right-back, a left-back and a box to box midfielder like Jermaine Jones. We have any number of players who want to play in the "hole" but only Gomes has actually looked good in that position.

Although our defence has been poor the fact remains that our midfield offers nothing going forward. If the shackles are put on Rhodes and Gomes there is nothing coming from any other part of the team except from set pieces.

Tonight was another hugely disappointing performance and also, for the first time this season, a disappointing result. However, 14 points from seven games is a good platform on which to build if more can be gotten from players who are being paid a small fortune to win promotion this season. One feels that it's promotion or bust this season and I suspect one of the reasons that Kean is still here is because the club know that finding a replacement is going to be less than straightward.

I think the problem is that Murphy isn't sitting deep enough. He should be just in fron of the back four, protecting them, dictating the tempo and looking to spread the ball about. He is trying to do things as if he is 25 and he is getting caught out, charged down and gifting the ball away.

One feels that it's promotion or bust this season and I suspect one of the reasons that Kean is still here is because the club know that finding a replacement is going to be less than straightward.

I don't know about that Parson, I think the club would be a pretty attractive opportunity to a manager with a decent pedigree. It depends on their reputation but if someone like a Curbishley came in the fans would get behind him 100%. The squad has weaknesses but a lot of our problems stem from tactical decisions and a lack of organisation. There is a lot of talent in this squad, enough to make a strong promotion push. The owners also showed this season that they backed the manager financially, another attractive factor to many managers.

I don't think finding a replacement would be difficult at all if Venky's set their mind to it in a proper manner this time and have learnt from past mistakes.

Very random fact to finish

Middlesbrough is twinned with Oberhausen in Germany, which is where Paul the Octopus (http://en.wikipedia....aul_the_Octopus) lived. I’m sure if he was still alive today he’d go for a 3-2 victory for Rovers which is what I’m going for too.

stupid octopus :angry: :angry:

Seriously, what a load of crap that was.

I believe the Octopus excuse was number 6 on Kean's excuse list if he was pressed with any questions harder than what's you favourite colour by the SkyEM Sports interviewer

Archived