BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Boro

cn174

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In some respects I think Murphy is frustrated about the lack of movement around him, but it seems like he's sulking and quite frankly can't be bothered at the moment. He definitely looks for Etuhu far, far too much though.

It looks to me that they both panic when pressured.

In some respects I think Murphy is frustrated about the lack of movement around him, but it seems like he's sulking and quite frankly can't be bothered at the moment. He definitely looks for Etuhu far, far too much though.

I thought he was ok in his first few games but after 50 mins at leeds he looked shattered and has gone slowly worse ever since. His attitude is pathetic, throwing his arms down and looking around berating everyone else every time he looses possesion, plays a crap pass. Verdict = He's shot!

I thought most of the team seemed like that from the start last night, we looked terrified. It was the same against Barnsley too. Away from home we seem ten times more confident though........

Totally agree, I counted 6 or 7 players who kept giving the ball away. Even Gomes was gifting the ball to the opposition in our half.

I thought he was ok in his first few games but after 50 mins at leeds he looked shattered and has gone slowly worse ever since. His attitude is pathetic, throwing his arms down and looking around berating everyone else every time he looses possesion, plays a crap pass. Verdict = He's shot!

I keep hearing people saying his legs have gone etc but I have to disagree to be honest. I was looking at times last night and found myself thinking 'actually yeah what options has he really got here?'. He's coming across as a spoilt brat though at the moment, not impressed with his attitude.

Exactly, fitness isn't hard to coach

I know for a fact fat boy Hanley is a regular stuffing his face in KFC too.

The club is rife with unprofessionalism, from the manager, his defensive coach to the players in general and shebby with his big mouth. The leader leads, the rest fall into line, unfortunately our leader is Kean.....

when I walked in last night 1st home game this season due to work commitments I looked round I couldn't believe how far the club has fell in such a short time , no sponsors , advertisement boards empty , no corporate , refreshment bars closed , etc , etc and thats just off the pitch on the pitch truly awfull Danny Murphy 50K a week can anyone tell me what he did last night to earn that ?? he wouldn't make a good captain of a dominoes team on Monday night....it doesn't look unless something seriously happens that we'll go up ( under Kean it's a definite no chance ) so what next the situation around Ewood will just look worse we are looking more like a Portsmouth financial melt down ....

One thing that's probably worth remember when judging yesterday's performance. This was our front six:

Ribeiro Murphy Etuhu Nunes

Gomes Rhodes

Five of those players joined the club this summer, and Ribeiro may as well have done since he's only just started playing.

It's no wonder they play like a bunch of strangers that have just been thrown together - they are.

Speaking of unprofessional, what the hell was going on with the sprinklers in the 2nd half, that for me just summed up the current shambolic regime!

Misunderstanding I reckon. The assistant groundsman will have overheard comments about "that shower on the pitch".

"Right-o"

Speaking of unprofessional, what the hell was going on with the sprinklers in the 2nd half, that for me just summed up the current shambolic regime!

Misunderstanding I reckon. The assistant groundsman will have overheard comments about "that shower on the pitch".

"Right-o"

Still of the opinion it was deliberate, get the rowdy lot who sing against little cuddly Steve away from the front and the TV Cameras,

I went to Ewood on Friday night to watch Rovers V Boro and what I witnessed was a total shambles from a very poor Rovers side Bradley Orr must be one of the worst defenders I have seen in my near 60 years of following the team Danny Murphy does not look for all the money he is costing any better than Dunn or MGP in the centre of midfield our game is so slow we look like a bunch of pensioners playing every team we have played so far have passed, think and press at a speed that seems to be twice as fast as we can we needed two full backs a box to box midfielder and an experience centre back we signed a shed load of Portuguese misfits and midfielders who so far look like past their sell buy date but I suppose this is to be expected when your manager is a clueless idiot and your global adviser is a Malay Football Pundit.

One thing that's probably worth remember when judging yesterday's performance. This was our front six:

Ribeiro Murphy Etuhu Nunes

Gomes Rhodes

Five of those players joined the club this summer, and Ribeiro may as well have done since he's only just started playing.

It's no wonder they play like a bunch of strangers that have just been thrown together - they are.

What's your excuse for the defenders, who also play together like strangers

What's your excuse for the defenders, who also play together like strangers

That one has to go with Kean. We have a right back who is easily the worst in the league. We still don't have a left back after waiting for the last 2 years (ollson isn't a LB). Dann is the most overpriced piece of pig ###### EVER in English football and Its obvious Givet doesn't get on with Kean. Then we have a goalkeeper who has become a cult hero but isn't all that good.

The dream is over, Coco's Invincibles fell at the seventh hurdle. Anybody who had watched our previous home games will probably say that is was an overdue defeat, our good luck simply ran out last night. You can get away with playing badly and still win for a short period of time, but eventually putting in performance like that week in week out will result in defeats.

The ineptitude of our defense never ceases to amaze me. You would have thought that some of our defenders at this level would have fared a little better. But if anything the defense looks even worse than it did last year. Scott Dann infuriates me ever more with every game I see him in a Rovers shirt, he's simply too passive to be a central defender. His backing off instead of closing down the player led to their first goal and his reluctance to challenge for balls in the air is unforgivable for a defender. That being said the rest of our defense isn't much better. Orr was embarrassing as well again last night, a lost count the amount of times he got skimmed and it was with some fortune he didn't cost us a goal. Givet & Olsson both decent players in my view, but Givet looks vulnerable playing alongside Dann and Olsson is better used in midfield and for doesn't look 100% committed. Hanley is like Dann's heavier younger brother, although to be fair he does at least appear to have some sort of aggression.

I could go through the entire team and the only player I'd pick out from last night was Nunez on the left-wing. Thought he looked very good and he impressed a lot. Granted his delivery isn't always on the money but he was the only Rovers player capable of running at the 'Boro defense. He did however put in a number of good crosses including the assist for the goal. Perhaps the one positive to take from the game.

The most entertaining moments off the match both happened away from the field of play. Firstly the vigor and enthusiasm at which the police and stewards worked at to remove a 'Kean Out' banner brought in by the 'Boro fans (you support is welcomed). If only the players had shown such willingness on the pitch. Secondly the sprinkler incident in which three different sprinklers came on during the second half, only a minor thing but it does sum up the clueless ownership of the club at present.

After reading comments by one memeber who I have a lot of respect for, that after not taking much notice of football over the summer he had taken more interest going to Ewood, listened to commentaries and watcheed the league show highlights; I seriously though of going to Ewood myself last night.

I guess this refers to me, thank you for the compliment if it does, the point I was trying to make is by divorcing the manager and the owners from the game I was enjoying Rovers winning and being top of the league. I don't think I've said the football is good. I did remark if teams aren't good enough to beat a Rovers team playing badly It's their problem not ours.

Friday night was awful; we created nothing, allowed Boro to walk through defence and midfield at will, we lacked pace and adventure yet before Boro scored two good balls into their box proved they could be panicked!! Along with many others see joined in with the Kean Out chants.

Murphy is going to be a big problem. I don't like scapegoats and the Ewood crowd always need one. Danny Murphy needs to sort himself out quickly if he is to avoid becoming the target of the Ewood boo boys. In four home games he has contributed nothing, the bulk of his passes are at best sideways (admittedly there aren't many forward options), he hasn't got a tackle, much of his passing is misplaced, he looks disinterested etc. Another poster suggested " something" has gone wrong - my guess is Myrphy has realised he made a terrible mistake in signing for Kean.

On the evidence of four games I'd drop Murphy for next week.

My eldest came with us for the first time in over 12 months - work makes it difficult for him - and was truly shocked by the lack of atmosphere, advertising etc etc.

Archived