BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Boro

cn174

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went out with 5 mins to go as I'd seen enough. The worst performance I've seen. On paper we should be good. But-

1) We didn't have a decent full back on the pitch - what's happened to Olsson?

2) We only have one decent centre half - Dann £6m you're having a laugh.

3) Midfield - Ribiero - poor, Murphy - rather have Dunn, Etuhu - average, - Nunes - possibly good in a strong team.

4) Forwards - Rhodes - no service, can score goals, Gomes - we didnt have the ball enough to see his ablity.

I've had a few beers and I'm so pi$$ed off with what I saw!!

Spoke with match commander after game , 10600 went through turnstiles. 713 of which were boro fans . It was up by 300 from Tuesday

Next time you speak to shebby get him to ask Karen Silk for the match revenue and compare that to what they are saying is the crowd.

Some guy was on Talksport making very valid points...what a suprise that he was accidentaly cut off "due to a bad line".

Ye man that was me I think you're on about, I don't normally ring up and after it felt like I was rambling, especially when I was talking about Nelsen and Salgado, but the footballing world seems to think us fans are ignorant. They don't know the full story, they are the ignorant ones! If they knew what we have been through they wouldn't give us stick us for hating Kean. I was actually one of those who supported Kean initially, I am willing to give anyone a chance but as last season progressed, truths came out and his clear incompetence was plain to see.

• Backroom
But a defiant Kean still holds out hope he can continue a role that has a divisive affect on the club.

He said: 'I speak to the owners nearly every day and it's not just about points, its about making sure we stay top for as long as possible.

'We have to make sure we are one of those top two teams at the end of the season.

'We are top of the league, averaging two points a game and if we do that all season we will probably be champions.'

This makes no sense to me whatsoever, does he not just completely contradict himself here by saying it's not about points but about staying at the top of the table? Surely you stay at the top of the table by... getting points?

This makes no sense to me whatsoever, does he not just completely contradict himself here by saying it's not about points but about staying at the top of the table? Surely you stay at the top of the table by... getting points?

maybe he is talking about top of the squad value table

Well the bubble has finally burst, rubbish rubbish rubbish but for the last few minutes we were useless. How does Whore get a shirt, he can't defend, tackle, pass and is slow slow slow. Seems to me we played crap, players not knowing what to do no confidence, no game plan, not knowing their roles and the only reason we looked better toward the end is the players improvised. I hope this signals the end for him (as they promised)

The only few positives i can take from this game:

1. Nunes looked pretty decent, willing to take on players, has pace. did put in some dangerous crosses from the left. certainly has some trickery in him.

2. Big Sam's football still works as it brought us a consolation goal

3. Gomes was working his socks off! he's 36 and showed more desire than anyone else on the pitch. Certainly has a football brain.

Negatives:

1. Murphy looked disconnected with the team.

2. Rhodes feeds on services, but he has almost none today, bar a through ball from Murphy which the defender did well to clear.

3. Our centre defenders couldnt cope with Boro's 2 strikers

4. Martin Olsson looked disinterested.

5. Kean's tactics were ###### poor. Formica did NOTHING when he came on. Where's Rochina?!?

6. Robbo should have saved the first and at least attempt to save the second.

The only few positives i can take from this game:

1. Nunes looked pretty decent, willing to take on players, has pace. did put in some dangerous crosses from the left. certainly has some trickery in him.

2. Big Sam's football still works as it brought us a consolation goal

3. Gomes was working his socks off! he's 36 and showed more desire than anyone else on the pitch. Certainly has a football brain.

Negatives:

1. Murphy looked disconnected with the team.

2. Rhodes feeds on services, but he has almost none today, bar a through ball from Murphy which the defender did well to clear.

3. Our centre defenders couldnt cope with Boro's 2 strikers

4. Martin Olsson looked disinterested.

5. Kean's tactics were ###### poor. Formica did NOTHING when he came on. Where's Rochina?!?

6. Robbo should have saved the first and at least attempt to save the second.

I thought that too, also thought he punched when he could have caught and punched it right in front of goal, an elementary mistake for keepers isnt it, not once but twice he did this. Perhaps he wanted Kean out too.

I liked Fabio too, could be useful if he can keep it up. What a goal that would have been if it had gone in. Get rid of Orr.

Spoke with match commander after game , 10600 went through turnstiles. 713 of which were boro fans . It was up by 300 from Tuesday

How many of those are freebies, I went tues and last night in a group of four freebies, I then bumped into a friend who had been given 3 tickets for last night by Shebby.....

Morning,

1st post be gentle, :)

Don't know if this can be confirmed,

3 or 4 Boro fans where ejected last night because they had a Kean out banner.

(My son works on match days in one of the catering bars)

Anyone else hear of this last night?

Once again the football genius of Steve Kean and his merry band of sycophantic ne'er do wells is exposed by a team willing to play to a game plan and to address its opponent's weaknesses. Boro weren't that good, but they looked a whole lot more organised, committed and interested than this poorly set up Rovers rabble. The sad thing is, there is real talent in the side, but with that moron standing impassive, uncommunicative and bovine on the sidelines, it is also clear that there has been no thought put into dealing with the opposition. Its like when I was a kid - Rovers look like a bunch of lads who have turned up for a kick about, hoping that the big lad up the front will tart line enough to grab some glory, but with a game plan that consists of 'get into em' as the only backup.

We can only imagine what things would be like with a real man manager and a proper support team in place - with the players we have, we could be out of sight of most in this league fairly quickly, with 'Fortress Ewood' at the heart of it all. As it is, we let everyone in to bully us and turn every game into an away game at higher league opposition...

Sad.

Haven't really got much to add, last night was the first time I’d seen the team live since Wigan at home and we got completely dominated for the 1st half by a spirited Boro side that would be nowhere near our level had we had a decent manager in charge.

The first goal was embarrassing, people are blaming Robinson, but to get a header in from that distance, unchallenged is criminal at that level, not sure who was marking him but that was poor. Then again we all know we can’t defend so we shouldn’t be too surprised.

What does Murphy bring to the side? On last nights performance absolutely nothing.

We showed a few good touches in the middle of the park, nothing of substance though, Gomez looks a player and Rhodes was busy, they deserve better.

Was good to hear the Kean out chants, let the weasel know he’s not won any of the fans over, in fact if anything after the performances at home so far this season he’ll have managed to alienate a few more I’d wager.

KEAN OUT!

we want to put on a performance for the fans.

do it for the fans.

we will get promoted.

take the positives out of the game.

Another night in the shocking abysmal life of a gimp called KEANSCUM.

Just how woeful as the performance in front of a paltry crowd ? I genuinely PITY the poor souls who ventured into the ground and suffered that embarassment. I would suspect SKY had poor ratings because after 5 minutes I wanted to switch over.

KEANSCUM has not got a clue how to set up a team toi win. The team he sent out was devoid of tactics, had no clue in midfield and had no will to defend, they were all over the place. How is that sending a team out to win esoecially one that was sitting top of the league ?

KEANSCUM clearly thought or thinks all his players have to do is turn out and they will win.

That performance epitomised everything about KEANSCUMS inability as a football manager. There was never a plan A and there was never ever a back up plan.

Robinson is awfully lacking as a top keeper, his performance was shocking.

Ribeiro is NEVER going to be a player in the top 3 English leagues, he is shockingly lacking in every sense of the meaning of a footballer.

Dann and Givet leave each other exposed.

Murphy looked so far off the games pave and had no help in the centre. Orr didnt help out either.

Up front we were short of some real service for the whole game. Nunes was fantastic cross wise but again left the flank exposed on many occasions.

I really dont know why he didnt consider freshening the team up with Dunn and Vukcevic. Again evidence that KEANSCUM does not have a clue on team set up.

As for the wide open spaces in Ewood. KEANSCUM is to blame. Its time for action shebby.

KEANSCUM OUT

Haven't really got much to add, last night was the first time I’d seen the team live since Wigan at home and we got completely dominated for the 1st half by a spirited Boro side that would be nowhere near our level had we had a decent manager in charge.

The first goal was embarrassing, people are blaming Robinson, but to get a header in from that distance, unchallenged is criminal at that level, not sure who was marking him but that was poor. Then again we all know we can’t defend so we shouldn’t be too surprised.

What does Murphy bring to the side? On last nights performance absolutely nothing.

We showed a few good touches in the middle of the park, nothing of substance though, Gomez looks a player and Rhodes was busy, they deserve better.

Was good to hear the Kean out chants, let the weasel know he’s not won any of the fans over, in fact if anything after the performances at home so far this season he’ll have managed to alienate a few more I’d wager.

KEAN OUT!

Agree with all of that. Would add the strange selection of Bruno on the right wing------a real Kean special that one which lasted to halftime, added nothing to the team, merely wasting a substitution.

Morning,

1st post be gentle, :)

Don't know if this can be confirmed,

3 or 4 Boro fans where ejected last night because they had a Kean out banner.

(My son works on match days in one of the catering bars)

Anyone else hear of this last night?

I spread that rumour, I was taking the mickey.

Archived