BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Boro

cn174

And you never know, he could talk himself into Manager of the Month! Here's hoping!

I wonder if this will be Rhodes biggest test of his career so far he probably hasn't come up against many as good as Woodgate yet

The worst thing about a win is that Kean will get a live tv interview whilst 4 points clear at the top!

But we'll be four points clear at the top. I think it balances itself out nicely.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if this will be Rhodes biggest test of his career so far he probably hasn't come up against many as good as Woodgate yet

The worst thing about a win is that Kean will get a live tv interview whilst 4 points clear at the top!

When I saw Woodgate for Newcastle once, it was and still is the best performance from a centre back I've ever seen live....better than Lucio even and many other top class CB's......wasn't the least bit surprised when Real Madrid signed him.

Have no idea what will happen tonight though.....I've bet on Rhodes to score first/3-2 win for us so hopefully that.

Looking forward to this tonight. For me, it's the first time I've seen rovers play since last season. It will be interesting to see Jordan Rhodes, who many fans have said is "class" - and some are even comparing him to Shearer. Obviously he's not another Shearer, but how talented is he? I'll have a better idea tonight.

As for the game generally, I don't expect to see anything different to what we've seen for the last couple of seasons, which amounts to, basically, no quality, no tactics and no bloomin' idea.

You can reply Kean OUT twice to the office.

This actually works, I responded with a rather pleasant "**** Off" when they were kind enough to offer me a season ticket a few weeks back, i've had nothing since so it's one way to get yourselves off their marketing lists.

Same Den, first game of the season for me tonight. Apparently the 'Kean Out' chants have disappeared which is ridiculous. They should be be in full force every game until he is removed.

It's quite obvious that whilst we're riding a wave of good results he isn't going to be sacked.

All your chants would therefore do is add needless pressure to the team and players; not the owners to sack the manager. The conclusion that you can draw from people still chanting is that they would rather moan about Kean (knowing full well their chanting and negative attitude won't get him sacked) than see the team promoted or do well.

I don't see it as constructive personally.

I'm looking forward to tonight's game ! Hopefully a few more people will turn up for it and we can start to get some kind of an atmosphere back into Ewood,

I hope to god Givet will be back at CB the thought of Hanley and Dann partnership in that poistion again scares the ###### out of me to be honest !

I would also like to see Nunes come in for Pederson down the left side, I think he was a breath of fresh air and gave us a different dimension when he came on against Barsley, he isn't scared to take on the fullback and get down to the by line, and he made some really brilliant crosses when he got the chance, he is also relentless in terms of closing down opposition players and pressing the ball high up the pitch.

I think we will have to much quility for Boro going forward and with them having such a poor away record I expect us to win this one comfortably as long as we improve on our passing and ball retention since Tuesday nights game against Barnsley !

I hope to see the below line up.

Robinson

Lowe/Orr Dann Givet Ollson

Formica Murphy Etuhu Nunes

Gomez

Rhodes

Enjoy the game people !

Some comments from Boro fans -

If we actually set out to attack, we might get a decent win. If we sit back and defend, we're going to get spanked.

We need to address our lack of possession away from home.

Set up right and we could sneak a positive result from this one. Blackburn look more vulnerable then Blackpool. Set up wrong and we could get thumped again. They are very dangerous in attack.

(To a Rovers fan) - I must admit I'm not a fan of your manager or the way your club is being run at the moment. I always had a lot of respect for Blackburn Rovers when Jack Walker owned it and even after his death.......I also liked your ex Chairman John Williams, came across as a great guy who did a brilliant job under certain money constraints.

I think people have already accepted defeat because we are up against another free scoring side and we can't defend to save our lives.

...but we are leaking too many and not looking like we will be putting it in the back of the net.

I can see Rhodes and Pederson causing us problems, Pederson always seems to play well against us.

Boro set to bring around 600 so i can't see this crowd reaching 12k. Game could go either way, our luck could finally run out or an early goal and boro may crumble. Either way we'll concede so im goin for a 2-2 draw. Coco still unflustered an in charge at Charlton.

2 - 2

I would like to see:

Robbo

Orr Hanley Givet Martin

Simon Formica Etuhu Peds/Nunes

Gomes

Rhodes

For me Dann needs to be dropped, Murphy isnt offering enough and Formica cant operate on the wings but he works his socks off to get up and down the pitch gets stuck in and can pick a pass and think he could do a job at cm if given the chance.

Always an option to bring Murphy on if formica isnt working,but could be the kick up the backside Murphy needs.

Looking forward to this tonight. For me, it's the first time I've seen rovers play since last season. It will be interesting to see Jordan Rhodes, who many fans have said is "class" - and some are even comparing him to Shearer. Obviously he's not another Shearer, but how talented is he? I'll have a better idea tonight.

As for the game generally, I don't expect to see anything different to what we've seen for the last couple of seasons, which amounts to, basically, no quality, no tactics and no bloomin' idea.

Den - when I first saw Rhodes on Tuesday I wasn't overly impressed - he did hold the ball up well - doesn't have exceptional pace (though not slow) - works very hard for the team - links play ok without being exceptional. The thing that sets him apart - and makes the comparisons with Shearer in some ways justified - nearly all his shots were on target, he scored a goal out of virtually nothing - and all with very poor service. If we can give him decent service he could easily score 30 goals for us this season. Lets just hope he stay fit.

I would like to see:

Robbo

Orr Hanley Givet Martin

Simon Formica Etuhu Peds/Nunes

Gomes

Rhodes

For me Dann needs to be dropped, Murphy isnt offering enough and Formica cant operate on the wings but he works his socks off to get up and down the pitch gets stuck in and can pick a pass and think he could do a job at cm if given the chance.

Always an option to bring Murphy on if formica isnt working,but could be the kick up the backside Murphy needs.

Like the look of it and I like Formica but for me i'd put Dunn in CM.

Den - when I first saw Rhodes on Tuesday I wasn't overly impressed - he did hold the ball up well - doesn't have exceptional pace (though not slow) - works very hard for the team - links play ok without being exceptional. The thing that sets him apart - and makes the comparisons with Shearer in some ways justified - nearly all his shots were on target, he scored a goal out of virtually nothing - and all with very poor service. If we can give him decent service he could easily score 30 goals for us this season. Lets just hope he stay fit.

Thanks for that DMTP. Although we'll all see him on TV tonight, the only real way to judge a player is to be there at the games - as you were.

Like the look of it and I like Formica but for me i'd put Dunn in CM.

I thought that, I know its a different level to the prem, but Dunn has not been able to play at cm for years and take in his age and lack of match fitness, if he is put in then doesnt do enough it will not be a suprise.

Etuhu is a powerhouse, him and formica could work well in middle with their workrate.

Team news: Robinson, Orr, Olsson, Givet, Fabion Nunes, Rhodes, Murphy ©, Dann, Etuhu, Nuno Gomes, Ribeiro.

Subs: Kean, Lowe, Dunn, Formica, Pedersen, Rochina, Hanley

About as expected, Dann will prob be a liability as usual, be interesting to see what Nunes offers and hopefully Murphy will step up.

Robbo could do with having a good game. (having Dann infront of you cant help)

Archived