BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Boro

cn174

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite excited. Will be Friday's are usually filled with anticipation for the weekend but I like the idea of having a Rovers match to look forward to. Allows me to keep up with the rest of the league as it happens, too. One less Friday night out before payday too.

I was pessimistic after the Barnsley match but I'm getting more an more confident. Would be happy with a draw.

Incidentally, when are Martin Olsson and Kazim Richards due back? I'm not expecting them back just yet but any chance of them being around the game after this one?

Is this on TV? I just assumed so given the Friday night kick-off...but I can't see it anywhere?

Markus was due to be out for around 7-10 days

What's the correct spelling of his name? I always thought it was Marcus but I see the official site uses Markus. Any information about him on the internet is spelled as Marcus though. :blink:

This isn't what I'd play but it's my guess at tonight's team:

Robinson

Orr Hanley Dann Olsson

Lowe Murphy Etuhu Pedersen

Gomes Rhodes

Is this on TV? I just assumed so given the Friday night kick-off...but I can't see it anywhere?

What's the correct spelling of his name? I always thought it was Marcus but I see the official site uses Markus. Any information about him on the internet is spelled as Marcus though. :blink:

This isn't what I'd play but it's my guess at tonight's team:

Robinson

Orr Hanley Dann Olsson

Lowe Murphy Etuhu Pedersen

Gomes Rhodes

Sky Sports 1 From 7.30

I really don't know what to make of this game tonight. We've been useless all season, but have been able to ride our luck so far. The game against Barnsley was the prime example. I've kept saying that the luck won't last and we will be found out and that hasn't happened. Middlesbrough have some good players and in Emnes, they have a striker that can score goals if presented with chances. The way that we've defended ever since Kean has been in charge allows for this to happen consistently. I wouldn't be surprised if we drew or lost this one. We'll probably deserve one of those two outcomes, but will end up scrapping a win.

I really don't know what to make of this game tonight. We've been useless all season, but have been able to ride our luck so far. The game against Barnsley was the prime example. I've kept saying that the luck won't last and we will be found out and that hasn't happened. Middlesbrough have some good players and in Emnes, they have a striker that can score goals if presented with chances. The way that we've defended ever since Kean has been in charge allows for this to happen consistently. I wouldn't be surprised if we drew or lost this one. We'll probably deserve one of those two outcomes, but will end up scrapping a win.

• Backroom

Going for a glass half full approach

Win and we consolidate our position at the top

Fail to win and we get to see if the mythical points target is in fact true

I think we'll win though 3-1

• Backroom

Genuinely no idea. Our luck has to run out at some point. If it had to happen then I guess tonight, live on Sky, would be the best time to get trounced... if Kean is on the edge (which I sadly doubt) a tonking in a live game could add extra weight to the call to sack him.

Enjoyable preview, Clare

Apparently, Boro were awful at Blackpool last night.

Rovers to continue our lucky streak and keep a clean sheet.

1nil. deflected goal.

Some boro fans in the hotel we're staying in so hoping for a 5-0 win tonight, Rhodes all 5 and Shebbys a hero!

• Backroom

I wonder if this will be Rhodes biggest test of his career so far he probably hasn't come up against many as good as Woodgate yet

The worst thing about a win is that Kean will get a live tv interview whilst 4 points clear at the top!

Archived