BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BIG STORY TO BREAK

unsall

I am heartily sick of so called ITKs posting half stories on here and smugly saying they can not say more. If you can't tell the whole story please keep your gobs shut. I do not appreciate being teased.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joining the dots on this. Does this mean proof exists of a conflict of interests that the FA weren't aware of?

The only person who (probably) has any idea what the story is has made it pretty clear he is not going to tell us what it is, and one of the guys who runs the site has asked us not to post speculation on what the story may be.

Although there are one or two who claim to be in the know, deserve a bit of stick at times. I do not believe kamy is one of them.

This.

I am heartily sick of so called ITKs posting half stories on here and smugly saying they can not say more. If you can't tell the whole story please keep your gobs shut. I do not appreciate being teased.

And this...

I wish philipl would change his entire approach to this posting tidbits of information, teasers and the entire 'if you knew what I know' crap. There is an element of arrogance in it and it leaves you feeling a sense of someone attention seeking and someone with an elevated sense of self-importance. If you know it, and you can say it, do so. Don't spin things to suit your own agenda if you are stating fact. State the fact then give your opinion. Having to wade through hyperbole and spin is frustrating and tiresome.

The only person who (probably) has any idea what the story is has made it pretty clear he is not going to tell us what it is, and one of the guys who runs the site has asked us not to post speculation on what the story may be.

Whatever it is, it is only "big" enough to possibly be in one of the rags. To me, that says, it's not that big a deal.

O.k a speculated large negative story possible couldn't come at a worst time:-

• Kean is no longer a manager of Rovers
  • We are looking to show perspective managers we are an attractive option-shearer already expressed unsurprisingly that something needs to change..

Aside from possible speculated punishments etc..an article in the suggested nature itself will do irreparable danger-as we do not need any more negative press. We need promotion this year due to speculated large long wage contracts etc...

Where any negative article will leave the club is disturbing-aside from any content.

I wouldn't be excited by the prospect of such an article i would be dreading it if i were you

It's really nothing to big up or get excited about if you have the interests of the club at heart!!

I worry about some people at times....

GLENN IS RIGHT THERE IS NOTHING TO BE GAINED FROM BIGING THIS UP OR SPECULATING ABOUT IT ON HERE-BEST LEFT WELL ALONE UNLESS SOMETHING IS PRINTED AS HAS BEEN SUGGESTED.

Please be careful what you speculate as i'm sure the majority of people here are not in a position to back up false allegations (or even true ones).

Can we stay away from guessing what the story that didn't break yet is? Some of you know that one of the accused parties has been happy to set the lawyers on unsuspecting websites in the past (on entirely unrelated matters), so until such time as we can all discuss "the validity of the story in newspaper x" it's a topic we need to stay the hell away from. For now, posts on the issue are likely to be removed.

Well the issue here is surely with people 'breaking the news' as opposed to people guessing? Your saying the thread is here, but dont talk about it?

I wish philipl would change his entire approach to this posting tidbits of information, teasers and the entire 'if you knew what I know' crap. There is an element of arrogance in it and it leaves you feeling a sense of someone attention seeking and someone with an elevated sense of self-importance. If you know it, and you can say it, do so. Don't spin things to suit your own agenda if you are stating fact. State the fact then give your opinion. Having to wade through hyperbole and spin is frustrating and tiresome.

Phil's just a bit insecure and wants a bit of attention. Always been like that on here - from 'organizing concerts' to proliferate name dropping. Also has an atrocious record in making sweeping predictions which turn out to be inaccurate.

No harm in it really, just take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Kamy on other hand I have utmost respect for. Does his homework, does not sensationalise or over reach the facts, and is never interested in talking about himself - only the story at hand. A massive asset for the website and the supporters in my opinion.

There are four stories and I genuinely don't know which one is breaking. The situation has swung back to journalists once again knowing far more than we do which tells us that the gentlemen of the press are back in the mode of finding Rovers/Kean/Venky's interesting enough to do the digging themselves.

I suspect that what is coming out will not even be in the Action Group dossier but when it is read in combination with the dossier contents could finally stir the FA/Premier League/Football League into real action.

It is now 7.30- there is only three and a half hours to wait.

Philip, Could this story be one of the reasons Kean quit?

We are a provincial club. Barely register nationally.

Why have the media kept us in the spotlight so obviously and for so long?

If we get lost in the details, we might lose sight of the bigger picture. The bigger big picture.

Foreign ownership is a massive issue in this country. Although not as big an issue as some journos would dare to make it, I'll bet. For a start, most of the foreign owners fall into the absolutely untouchable bracket.

Most. But not all of them.

Loads of stories doing the rounds , from kean still being on pay role , to kean still selecting team .

Stories of directors waiting for their matching orders ECt

I know a few in the media who have had similar takes but in truth these stories just spiral out of control when passed from one person to the next

Had a few passed to me this week , but now is the time to draw a line , and look forwards rather than backwards

Loads of stories doing the rounds , from kean still being on pay role , to kean still selecting team .

Stories of directors waiting for their matching orders ECt

I know a few in the media who have had similar takes but in truth these stories just spiral out of control when passed from one person to the next

Had a few passed to me this week , but now is the time to draw a line , and look forwards rather than backwards

All very well to say that-but those stories sound like they are about the present. Not the past but certainly effecting the future. Until somebody comes out and says there is absolutely no substance in them that is easier said than done. Their existence should never have been drawn to a wider audience unless they were published elsewhere-that was highly irresponsible. It is now only natural people ask questions-but in suggesting their existance people have been put at risk from possible litigation etc if they do. I am not speculating or taking any of them seriously and yes we should definitely look to the future and the successful appointment of a new manager. We do not need bad press as we look to put Kean behind us and appoint a new manager. This forum is certainly not the place to post or discuss what are only unsubstantiated rumours by other people (that a journalist is careful about sharing until 100% sure they can be substantiated)-but not sure your intentions with your post...are you saying the F.A should not investigate and should close the dossier and concentrate on the now??? because thats how it could be interpreted!

All very well to say that-but those stories sound like they are about the present. Not the past but certainly effecting the future. Until somebody comes out and says there is absolutely no substance in them that is easier said than done. Their existence should never have been drawn to a wider audience unless they were published elsewhere-that was highly irresponsible. I am not speculating or taking any of them seriously and yes we should definitely look to the future and the successful appointment of a new manager. This forum is certainly not the place to post or discuss what are only unsubstantiated rumours by other people-but not sure your intentions with your post...are you saying the F.A should not investigate and should close the dossier and concentrate on the now??? because thats how it could be interpreted!

Not at all , my point being , we have spent 12 months looking into rumours, tales ECt and 95% have come back with no substance or evidence . Hear say , sometimes Is just that .

At present the priority has to be a new manager?

At the back of mind , something does not stack up , but what that is , I don't know

Not at all , my point being , we have spent 12 months looking into rumours, tales ECt and 95% have come back with no substance or evidence . Hear say , sometimes Is just that .

At present the priority has to be a new manager?

At the back of mind , something does not stack up , but what that is , I don't know

I couldn't agree more-that is why it frustrates me to see people posting (or drawing peoples attention towards) irresponsible stories or rumours before they have been substantiated by people prepared to release them to the wider public as FACT. There has been far too much of that lately and it has only served to draw fans away from putting their support behind the club where it is needed. Kean is gone-we really do need to get behind the club in the next few weeks as it enters a new era. Thank you for clearling that up Glen.

(There have been many unanswered questions and yes not everything seems to stack up- it is only natural that people seek answers. But theories and speculation aren't clear cut answers-and to speculate so openly in public is unwise and best avoided).

At the back of your mind?

What on earth was in the dossier given to the FA then? Nothing of any real consequence by the sounds of it.

Does that mean the 'the dossier' is also 95% without substance or evidence? I guess this is why, after 22 months of digging, including months of work by two prominent journalists, has come up with...........nothing.

Unless you think that Venkys naivety is a crime, then it looks like their trust in others and its consequences will be the only thing to be unearthed when this 'big news' breaks.

The 5% is the fact that Venkys have been taken for a ride.

I couldn't agree more-that is why it frustrates me to see people posting irresponsible stories or rumours before they have been substantiated by people prepared to release them to the wider public as FACT. There has been far too much of that lately and it has only served to draw fans away from putting their support behind the club where it is needed. Kean is gone-we really do need to get behind the club in the next few weeks as it enters a new era. Thank you for clearling that up Glen.

The whole fiasco doesn't make sense and never did hence the reason for so many questions, unsubstantiated rumours and very few answers.

IMO a senior person with credibility from within the club (therein may lie another issue) needs to openly wipe the slate clean with a few answers of substance. Then we may be able to move forward positively

I imagine if this does break and I hope it does then this time the evidence will be there for all to see

If it does break then there will be substance to it and it will be clearly backed up with evidence!

If it doesn't then the opposite is true.

What you have to ask yourself is IF there is substance to it, now that Kean has been removed as manager is there anything to be gained for Rover's fans with 'a reveal all story'. I don't know what you are hoping for Tom??Answers yes/drawing a line under it and moving on(perhaps- but there would be repercussions). But where would that leave us? I hope that there is no evidence and nothing for all to see in all honesty.

+100

Archived