BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BIG STORY TO BREAK

unsall

Right here goes, this story which people claimed to know all about that was due to break in the press after the legalities had been addressed is absolute bunkum and people have been a led a merry dance by simply believing what they have read on a blog and then claiming to have accurate sources revealing a smoking gun had surfaced.

After being inundated with requests to look into this, we have traced it back to its source of origin..

Gotta admit the whole story of a former sports agency employee of 16 years finally blowing the lid on a massive story and sharing this with Henry Winter of the Telegraph, sounded great......It actually contains details of many interesting stories since the mid 90's to now and the figures mentioned are astronomical, the worrying mention of shell companies and complete wrong doing make this story one of a hell of a smoking gun....however there is a slight flaw in this smoking gun.....and that problem is the source of origin!!!

This smoking gun, is simply not what people have portrayed to 'know' it to be and it simply is 'a story', which was written by a supporter after a few alcoholic beverages and published as a blog on the internet for 48 hours before they removed it.

Kudos to their imagination however.

All the people who claimed to 'know' what it was and couldn't say for legal reasons, were not getting any information from anyone other than a drunken supporters wind-up.

As someone mentioned before, close the thread - nothing to see here.

I hadn't heard this story before.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a Big Love In required here.

We all want the best outcome.

Opinions will vary as to who is the best candidate.

It's clear by from a lot of the threads, we are all inpatient for a good decision to be made.

Lets hope it is, then we can all get behind the new manager.

Mark1875- you and your cronies seem to have gone on a mission to try and crap all over Kamy/northern rover today, get a life you sad keaning losers, the main difference between kamy and you(and glen), is simply that everybody knows kamy is a genuine nice guy with no agenda and relatively little ego, he tries to do is best and gather info that is in the best interests of the members of this forum, rovers fans in general and the club as a whole, he sometimes makes mistakes(but who doesn't!).

Very good post. Seen this - digs at northern rover on twitter also. Not good and totally wrong. Kamy is a respected poster on this site.

Is there nothing at all you can hint at about the story? Some sort of rough area to do with the club? Surely you can give a hint without giving any of this document's content and getting this MB in trouble.

If nothing can be shared (or asked) then we may as well close this thread.

Or be patient for when it does come out.

Very good post.

An abusive post where some is called a "keaning loser" is a very good post? Standards on this mb are seriously slipping if that's the case.

I think you should stop commenting in relation to GM and BRFCAG. Your personal feelings are well documented.

Some of the comments on here by those fronting organised supporter groups are frankly embarrassing. You drop little hints on Twitter that you have been given the inside track by none other that Shebby Singh and then have the audacity to come one here and lambast someone who contacted your 'buddy' to let him know that in his opinion, giving information to you guys was potentially damaging the search for a manager.

Talk about double standards!!

You have acted like someone else is muscling in on your new best friend and you need to discredit them as soon as you can, to as many as you can,.

Pathetic.

Kamy is a highly respected poster, and his information has been shared in good faith. More than can be said for others.

It wasnt that long ago that you were on Sky saying that both Kean & Venkys must go for the good of BRFC, and now you are dining with the devil.

You do not represent me and never will.

An abusive post where some is called a "keaning loser" is a very good post? Standards on this mb are seriously slipping if that's the case. I WAS NOT EXAMINING EVERY WORD. BUT THE GIST OF WHAT WAS WRITTEN

I think you should stop commenting in relation to GM and BRFCAG. Your personal feelings are well documented. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, THEN DON'T READ THEM.

For some unjust reason they appear to have turned on Kamy. Looks like an attempt to discredit him. I find that unexceptible.

I was a supporter of protests when it first started, going on marches, staying behind after matches and attending the 24 hour protest outside the ground. I appreciate that there was a need from the health and safety point of view, liaison with the club and the police etc for a group to emerge that spoke to these people and got things properly organised. that i have no issue with and have never had an issue with. However, I now find myself inreasingly annoyed by the group as they seem to be working their way into the inner parts of the club and it would be very easy for people like Mr singh to think that by engaging with them he is somehow hearing what the fans really want. I don't think he is. I don't want communication in the form of anyone holding meetings with officials at the club - we didn't have that when we were a well run club and things were just fine. I want the club to be open in that it responds properly to concerns by the proper channels and I want to find that I agree with more of what they say and do than I disagree with. I don't need to know their criteria for choosing a manager - I just need to know that they are getting on with their job of finding one asap. No firm keeps those who buy their product totally in the loop - they make decisions and communicate the effect of those decisions, not the decision making process. That's what should be happening at Rovers. I don't agree that the action group should disband - we've no right to tell them that, but they do need to be careful not to get too involved with the inner workings of the club if they are, as they keep saying, just ordinary fans. I am just an ordinary fan too but I don't hold regular meetings with club officials, nor would i ever have any expectation of doing so, and certainly not to talk about the search for a manager which is a difficult process at the best of times.

I was a supporter of protests when it first started, going on marches, staying behind after matches and attending the 24 hour protest outside the ground. I appreciate that there was a need from the health and safety point of view, liaison with the club and the police etc for a group to emerge that spoke to these people and got things properly organised. that i have no issue with and have never had an issue with. However, I now find myself inreasingly annoyed by the group as they seem to be working their way into the inner parts of the club and it would be very easy for people like Mr singh to think that by engaging with them he is somehow hearing what the fans really want. I don't think he is. I don't want communication in the form of anyone holding meetings with officials at the club - we didn't have that when we were a well run club and things were just fine. I want the club to be open in that it responds properly to concerns by the proper channels and I want to find that I agree with more of what they say and do than I disagree with. I don't need to know their criteria for choosing a manager - I just need to know that they are getting on with their job of finding one asap. No firm keeps those who buy their product totally in the loop - they make decisions and communicate the effect of those decisions, not the decision making process. That's what should be happening at Rovers. I don't agree that the action group should disband - we've no right to tell them that, but they do need to be careful not to get too involved with the inner workings of the club if they are, as they keep saying, just ordinary fans. I am just an ordinary fan too but I don't hold regular meetings with club officials, nor would i ever have any expectation of doing so, and certainly not to talk about the search for a manager which is a difficult process at the best of times.

I agree with you that the protests needed to be organised via Police etc. I also agree that they should not be getting involved with the inner workings of the club. But with Kean gone, I see no reason for the action group. I did say it is my opinion and others may differ, that they should disband. I did not say it for any personal reasons, just that Kean has gone. Mission acomplished. But yes it is their choice.

Even though venkys are still not running the club properly. The sad thing is they are going to continue running it as they see fit. No group is going to be able to influence them - especially based in India.

I agree with pretty much all of that Gumboots. The actual cause of all these disruptions is obvious. The cause is a man who likes to hear his own voice, likes publicity, likes to be everyone's friend but shouldn't be anywhere near an English professional football club.

Unfortunately, because of him a lot of people are being dragged into public spats that do no-one any good.

• Backroom

Fully agreed gumboots. I'm growing increasingly concerned with BRAG's actions recently. Protest group? It's more like they're trying to take the duties previous held by the Fans Forum, but are furthering it by actively getting regularly involved with Shebby Singh. Minuted meetings wouldn't normally be a concern, but when they start including Glen and Mark's opinions and leading to them slagging off a very well-respected journo such as Kamy, you begin to wonder what their motives are. It's gotten to the point where I've withdrawn from the group *Eastenders Theme Tune*

Fully agreed gumboots. I'm growing increasingly concerned with BRAG's actions recently. Protest group? It's more like they're trying to take the duties previous held by the Fans Forum, but are furthering it by actively getting regularly involved with Shebby Singh. Minuted meetings wouldn't normally be a concern, but when they start including Glen and Mark's opinions and leading to them slagging off a very well-respected journo such as Kamy, you begin to wonder what their motives are. It's gotten to the point where I've withdrawn from the group *Eastenders Theme Tune*

To be fair Darrenmike a supporters groups evolved out a protest group. As for meeting with the club one of the biggest concerns was the lack of communication from the club, now that we have Shebby talking to fans groups people take issue with what he says.

All our meetings are minuted as they have always been to keep things above board and transparent.With reference to personal opinions, these are issues that have been raised by members of the group and are then relayed by us in meetings. So when you read the minutes and it says glen, mark, myself or the committee made a point its usually something we have been asked to bring up.

To be fair Darrenmike a supporters groups evolved out a protest group. As for meeting with the club one of the biggest concerns was the lack of communication from the club, now that we have Shebby talking to fans groups people take issue with what he says.

All our meetings are minuted as they have always been to keep things above board and transparent.With reference to personal opinions, these are issues that have been raised by members of the group and are then relayed by us in meetings. So when you read the minutes and it says glen, mark, myself or the committee made a point its usually something we have been asked to bring up.

Are you honestly saying that just because you have direct dialogue with SS that everything he tells you is never to be questioned?

Oh My God, if thats the case Venkys must just love it that they have the group eating out of Shebbys hand. Quite unbelievable.

Maybe next representatives of your group will be discussing things with JA and being sympathetic to his version of events - oh wait, thats already happened.

Too many Cooks spoil the broth.

We all want whats best for BRFC in the end but this 'one-upmanship' between supporters groups and those supposedly ITK is tedious and needs to stop.

Let all matters run their natural course but that said, we just may have to don the tin hats and run for cover with the Rao's in charge!

Are you honestly saying that just because you have direct dialogue with SS that everything he tells you is never to be questioned?

Oh My God, if thats the case Venkys must just love it that they have the group eating out of Shebbys hand. Quite unbelievable.

Maybe next representatives of your group will be discussing things with JA and being sympathetic to his version of events - oh wait, thats already happened.

Not at all we can only feedback what we are told, it's upto individuals to then make up their own mind.

Like I said in the other thread. The only meeting that should occure between the club and supporters, is the Official Fans Forum meetings.

These people on the Fans Forum have been attending meetings with the club for years and have the relevant experience. I don't know what gives the Action Group the right to ask about managerial appointments or ways to progress forward as a club, as this is not done in any other club.

I think Kamy/Northern Rover is an excellent journalist and I, for one, am very appreciative of the information he provides. ANd while there is an occasional error, so what? First, we're all human and prone to error. Second, this is Venkys we're talking about. One day they decide X only to change their mind to Y with no rhyme or reason to their thinking.

And I appreciate Glen Mullan and the work of the Action Group. But Kean has been removed. It's time to step back, in my opinion, and simply be supporters again.

I think Kamy/Northern Rover is an excellent journalist and I, for one, am very appreciative of the information he provides. ANd while there is an occasional error, so what? First, we're all human and prone to error. Second, this is Venkys we're talking about. One day they decide X only to change their mind to Y with no rhyme or reason to their thinking.

And I appreciate Glen Mullan and the work of the Action Group. But Kean has been removed. It's time to step back, in my opinion, and simply be supporters again.

Yes.

Also consider all joining the supporters trust. I do not know if anyone heard the debate on the radio last night - mainly about scottish football. But basically it was about fans having part ownership in the club, being the best way to go.

Archived