BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be seriously surprised if Hughes chooses to come back, We all know he's not somebody that suffers fools. I think this is just Singhs pathetic backwards attempt at motivating Berg to do better, when all he is really doing is putting more unnecessary pressure on him and the players.

Hughes would take it imo. Won't get a premiership job now after his dismal spell at QPR. We're one of the biggest clubs outside the top flight, with a decent (albeit underperforming) squad with the potential to spend a bit of money.

He'd get us promoted quite comfortably if given a full season. Think it's a lost cause this season.

Interesting that Cryer is hinting that there could be sackings if we lose tomorrow.

So many quotes from that astound me but none more so than this:

"Fundamentally, we need to gain promotion to get the supporters back in to the ground."

Fundamentally, you need to f**k off.

Well said sire.

How dare they? That's a total lack of understanding as to why the fans are totally @#/? off.

Exclusive interview: Hughes interested in Rovers post says supremo Singh

http://natterfootball.co.uk/2012/12/exclusive-interview-hughes-interested-in-rovers-post-says-supremo-singh/

This is pathetic from Singh. Which self respecting club representative basically tells the media that they no longer back the man they hired because a new manager is available.

It's unbelievable. What kind of bloody messages are transmitting to the staff, manager, players, fans etc coming into a massive part of the season.

‘a manager is available now who wasn’t at the time of Henning’s appointment and we have looked at him’

At a time when the whole club should be sticking together, he's prancing about telling anyone that will listen that 'they're looking at another manager'

What a @#/? Moron. Someone please tell him to shut the @#/? up.

This is pathetic from Singh. Which self respecting club representative basically tells the media that they no longer back the man they hired because a new manager is available.

It's unbelievable. What kind of bloody messages are transmitting to the staff, manager, players, fans etc coming into a massive part of the season.

‘a manager is available now who wasn’t at the time of Henning’s appointment and we have looked at him’

At a time when the whole club should be sticking together, he's prancing about telling anyone that will listen that 'they're looking at another manager'

Has the interview been confirmed ? To be honest I can believe Shebby being too candid - but at no point did he mention Hughes (though the clue is quite strong). Lots of qoutes are from the radio lancs show - which if this person had an interview they wouldn't need to keep qouting it. Hopefully somebody will be able to confirm whether Shebby has come out with this ?

If those comments from Singh are confirmed then that is very disrespectful towards Henning. I would be thinking along the same lines as shebby and be looking to bring Hughes in but I wouldn't say it publicly.

If Henning is here this time next month then I will be surprised. Even without those comments from shebby, its obvious he now doesn't have faith in berg - the U turn on getting new coaches in is the biggest sign.

Berg out and Hughes in wouldn't surprise me at all. It would be a great move but feel sorry for berg. Always a rovers legend though.

If those comments from Singh are confirmed then that is very disrespectful towards Henning. I would be thinking along the same lines as shebby and be looking to bring Hughes in but I wouldn't say it publicly.

If Henning is here this time next month then I will be surprised. Even without those comments from shebby, its obvious he now doesn't have faith in berg - the U turn on getting new coaches in is the biggest sign.

Berg out and Hughes in wouldn't surprise me at all. It would be a great move but feel sorry for berg. Always a rovers legend though.

• Backroom

He did say it as I saw another source on twitter repeat it last week

Shebby and a live audience is always dangerous, especially if he's spent the last however long getting comfortable and telling everyone his life story

I don't think the money would be the big issue. It would be whether Singh thinks he could work effectively with Hughes or not.

Ha ha ha etc. I think Singh would be most effective by taking a massive back seat in Pune with Aggers and Shelfbloke.

I'm sure Hughes or Berg could rustle up a balance sheet with some fans assistance. Then we can get back to the football.

TBF to Shebby that wasnt said... I was there

Have we got another 10% off the office chairs?

Happy days. Worth the flight alone. Rovers are back! Rovers are back! Woah! Woah!

Next season: Desks. "Are they really necessary?"

Along with people. "Smithers! The hounds!" - "Yes Paul, right away Paul".

The agent and manager in question have just finished their meeting in Zurich and things have been agreed. That's all for now folks

who the manager????

who was in the meeting??? Balaji? Shebby? Venny?

come on Lee tell us instead of all these so called stories

Archived