SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Make of this what you will.

I know there has been quite a but of speculation regarding my future. All will be revealed in next couple of days:). Happy Holidays!!!

Can only mean he's staying at Spurs, possibly on a new contract. Friedel aint the kind of guy to flag a move to another club before it happened !

Can only mean he's staying at Spurs, possibly on a new contract. Friedel aint the kind of guy to flag a move to another club before it happened !

Especially when the tweet before is about him looking forward to the next round of Europe!

Brad sounds happy, can't see any excitement wanting to join our shovel of shyte.

So if Brad's not coming and Robinson's leaving, then we have unnecessarily made another problem for ourselves. Unless of course, you [not you personally John] believe throwing untried young goalkeepers into a struggling team is the right way to go.

If you missed his last one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__8qyGWCWNQ

Good and straight from the heart as always...... but neither as as good as 'Relegation row' from way back in '99 imo. Dave does do a better Dylan. That was the best football song ever! I've just dug out the old cd for a listen on the strength of it. :tu:

So if Brad's not coming and Robinson's leaving, then we have unnecessarily made another problem for ourselves. Unless of course, you [not you personally John] believe throwing untried young goalkeepers into a struggling team is the right way to go.

Agree. The frustrating thing is whilst the keeper situation has become a bit of an issue it's not a hard one to solve! Getting a player to loose weight is do-able. Finding a good keeper we can afford who's daft enough to come to us is a lot harder.

Why's Hughes not been announced as manager yet?

who said he has been spoken too???

Anyone going boro Boxing Day, the manager who has been spoken to will be in the crowd

here we go again with your rubbish. have you got any FACTS that can prove what you are saying is true????????

Forget Hughes, if what I heard in the pub last night is in the right ball park, more like Billy Davies or Owen Coyle !!!

No to Coyle.

Billy Davies is good option and was someone who has alot of experience in Championship

This is crapola, Kean gets two years to dismantle our team Berg gets a handful of games to put it right and IF he is sacked you can bet the new one won't be any better. We had our chance of better but did not want it at the time. Baffoons the lot of em they should stick to cricket and chickens

This is crapola, Kean gets two years to dismantle our team Berg gets a handful of games to put it right and IF he is sacked you can bet the new one won't be any better. We had our chance of better but did not want it at the time. Baffoons the lot of em they should stick to cricket and chickens

Not sure about this term dismantled. Robinson, Givet, Dann, Olsson, Murphy, Pedersen and Rhodes are all good players for this league according to pretty much every perspective other than the one trying to defend Henning Berg. Granted Kean (or Venkys) have done a good job of stripping the rest of the squad of much of its experience and replacing it with mediocre journeymen, but this squad was 2nd under Kean and is now 17th under the guy some fans still somehow seem to think can put things right.

When Allardyce was sacked, it would have taken the best owners in the business and a shedload of luck to improve on him, as was pointed out until we were blue in the face by his supporters. When Kean was sacked, all that was needed to improve on him was careful consideration and an emphasis on experience. Singh didn't do that, arguably for self-serving reasons, and Berg was the result. Maybe you're right and it'll happen again, or maybe it'll be 3rd time lucky and the right type of manager will be looked for. But personally I really hope they try because it can't get any worse than this.

To help you out with the term dismantled, look at the players here when Kean started and look who was left when he quit. Look at the quality of "player he replaced them with. Not too difficult is it?

You know as well as I do the results early doors were flukes and would not have continued.

To help you with the term dismantle, it means take to pieces. There is still a core of seasoned pros with proven quality and premiership experience, not too difficult is it?

No I don't know those results wouldn't have continued. Kean was a poor manager but I said at the time how unlikely it is to get lucky over a period as long as 7 games. Kean was doing certain things that allowed us to get lucky, like maximising the Gomes-Rhodes partnership to outscore opposition teams that created more chances.

You don't go from 2nd to 17th on the basis of your luck running out, its a completely laughable argument. Especially if you factor in Black's spell and the fact such a disastrous plummet down the league that it didn't happen to him. Berg is a woeful manager, his time at Lillestrom proved it and he's proving it now. Nothing about the team currently works. And at no point of him being interviewed, him accepting the job or him doing the job was it even hinted that he has time. He doesn't have time because time beyond May will cost us about £40m. He said he could meet the challenge, and he blatantly can't.

Archived