BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be a shame to see him go out this way but if the score stays the same and we lose I think it may be all over for him :(

I hope so. I think he's a great guy but he's showing himself to be completely unable to get anything out of this squad.

He might fare better elsewhere in very different circumstances.

• Backroom

I hope so. I think he's a great guy but he's showing himself to be completely unable to get anything out of this squad.

He might fare better elsewhere in very different circumstances.

It makes it worse for me that I admire the guy as a player, at least with Kean we could hate him

Quite clearly, HB is not up to this job.

No sense of direction, no tatcics, little or no effort, no clue on the pitch, no plans b or c, no ability to defend, no idea on how to play a formation based team with clue and absolutley no @#/? idea.##Sorry HB time to go and now.

All the talk prior to Berg's appointment was that he was a strong character and wouldn't be messed around

So far he hasn't lived up to this, starting with not being able to bring his own back room team in

What other manager in any division would not bring even one person in to help them coach?

The success of good managers is because they have a strong team around them, I'm massively disappointed that nothing has changed in th back room staff since Kean was here. Hence I'm not surprised that results haven't materialised.

The longer it stays like this, the longer I feel Berg is staying only for the money, which puts him in the Kean bracket,

This concerns me we all thought Berg would be his own man but it seems he is another puppet. Which is why Shebby would not go for an experienced gaffer. Shebby needs to lock the door behind him after he leaves.

No one has been able to explain why he was in the North West on Friday including an overnight stay.

By the way, he was dining alone, however, he looked far from miserable !

I wouldn't either if I'd racked up the pay packets this guy did, topped with a bonus for constructive dismissal or pay off for dropping it. Yeah I could afford a smile.

Zero prospect of any sort of decent experienced manager.

Too many are sharing Shebby jokes down the pub after the last abortion of an attempt to recruit.

If Berg sees Shebby off, he could yet make a fist of it and keep that rubbish unbalanced unfit mish mash in this division.

I've been behind Henning since his arrival, but I think now is the time to part ways with him. I was sure he would be a success, but things have just gone horribly wrong. Shebby and Venkys need to @#/? off though, and I think soon the protests against them will start. Sorry Berg, but walk away with your dignity in tact.

I was wrong!

Berg knew what he was taking on and he is so obviously not up to it. My only sympathy is that he has to work with idiots like Singh.

Listened to 2nd half on Radio Lancs. We were awful, as Andy Bayes kept pointing out. Singh just replied with his usual waffle, but by the end he commented that there was no shape to the team. When asked if Berg was under pressure Singh said 'we are all under pressure'. Sounds as though there might be changes but who knows.

Hopefull Berg won't cling on like kean did, and will walk away.

It's a full-on relegation battle now. Again. Feck off Venky's.

Seems to be an intelligent man Berg - however lacks charisma and has looked more lost on the touch line recently.

Doesn't even have his own team in relation to back room staff - win ratio was always average in Norway so don't think we've seen any reason to think it will improve sufficiently.

McCarthy took over a rabble at Ipswich, rooted to the bottom and has got 20 points from 11 games.

Berg took over a comparitive rabble, approx. 8th in league but just 6 points from 10 games.

The folly of Singh, Shaw, Agnew and our owners.

feel sorry for Berg today. players go a goal down and their heads go down. Shame for a great rovers player.

I feel that Berg might walk away and say I tried but im just not good enough.

if Berg does walk away I would go for someone like Billy Davies or Alex McLeish NOT hughes tho. want a manager with experience and knowledge of the championship and promotion which he does. but whether he would work with Shebby and Shaw I dont know

Archived