BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forest's owners have apparently sacked O'Driscoll for lack of consistency - the BBC website quotes them as saying,

Contrast that with our owners since they sacked Sam!

Venky's; please do the decent thing and dispose of our club to some owners who might have more of a clue [couldn't have less!] than you about how to run a football club.

The Forest owners are still wet behind the ears and may, or may not have acted impetuously. In Venkys what we have is the fatal (for Rovers) combination of cluelessness and apathy.

Interesting how quiet Kamy & Cryer have gone on the subject of Berg's future - that tells me that something is imminent.

Interesting couple of pints in the local. Few days ago , I posted that 'ball park' figures were rumoured to be Coyle and Davies, well there's now speculation that Cotterill also now in the frame owing to the job he did at Pompey & Forest on a 'shoestring' - it is thought our finances are not great, hmmm.

Rather than bickering about this n that let's just wait and see what happens then we can all log off and have a good time off with our families and not be on the Internet. (I'm typing this as I have the @#/? on the bog) we are all rovers fans and want the best for rovers. I get told things so I post it. I know in the past that wasnt correct but where I was told it was. So from news getting to me and me posting things happen. Not my fault I'm a rovers fan like the rest. I'm actually gutted as there is no bog roll so I have to make a scene to sort myself. All the best everyone

Interesting how quiet Kamy & Cryer have gone on the subject of Berg's future - that tells me that something is imminent.

Interesting couple of pints in the local. Few days ago , I posted that 'ball park' figures were rumoured to be Coyle and Davies, well there's now speculation that Cotterill also now in the frame owing to the job he did at Pompey & Forest on a 'shoestring' - it is thought our finances are not great, hmmm.

I would just let Black take the job or go for either Billy Davies or Sean O'Driscoll as manager.

Rather than bickering about this n that let's just wait and see what happens then we can all log off and have a good time off with our families and not be on the Internet. (I'm typing this as I have the @#/? on the bog) we are all rovers fans and want the best for rovers. I get told things so I post it. I know in the past that wasnt correct but where I was told it was. So from news getting to me and me posting things happen. Not my fault I'm a rovers fan like the rest. I'm actually gutted as there is no bog roll so I have to make a scene to sort myself. All the best everyone

I think it's better for this board to be discussing actual footballing matters, on and off the pitch, instead of rumours that are even made up by you or someone you know. There have been so many wild stories and ludicrous ideas about the club posted in these forums and it's become an arena for bickering and infighting. Unless you've got something confirmed and can name your source, then what's the point in saying anything?

It doesn't take a @#/? accountant to work that one out does it?

Agreed and I've been flagging that one for longer than most !

The point I was trying to get across is that you 'cut your coat according to your cloth' and in that respect, Cotterill would fit the bill as he has experience of clubs without a pot to p1ss in !!!

IMO, forget all the sexy names, we are deep in the proverbial and an unattractive proposition, we are now looking to select from the 'desperados' - Hughes et al are merely pipe dreams !

Disco Stu loves Backtracking, Coooool.

Agreed and I've been flagging that one for longer than most !

The point I was trying to get across is that you 'cut your coat according to your cloth' and in that respect, Cotterill would fit the bill as he has experience of clubs without a pot to p1ss in !!!

IMO, forget all the sexy names, we are deep in the proverbial and an unattractive proposition, we are now looking to select from the 'desperados' - Hughes et al are merely pipe dreams !

Agree to a point but no way would Cotterill be accepted.

I believe it's a disaster that we went down in the first place, it could have been easily avoided but a series of key mistakes were made. Now that we're here, it is difficult to instill confidence in group of players having just suffered relegation. Bolton (29pts) and Wolves (31pts) have not had such turbulence surrounding their owners and managers as we have, but still are failing to pick up points. Especially Bolton were tipped by many to go straight back up, but both the owner of Wolves and their fans alike expect at least a top six finish. It's a crazy league, and confidence and the mental approach to the game really plays a factor.

While I don't think Berg is the right man to turn it around, once we suffered relegation it was always going to be tough to turn it around on the first attempt - remember what happened last time we went down. Sacking Berg but keeping everyone else will do nothing to improve our current situation, and most definitely not our long term situation. A few good results on the trot and it can turn around. We all just need to believe in it.

I said a few weeks back that dropping Orr for Henley was not the decision of Henning Berg. Today, something similar happened I believe and it does not take a genius to work out who came in. As Kamy has stated, I would be surprised if Henning lasted any longer.

I was lucky enough to bump into Nuno Gomes. He said he was ready and was hoping to get into the Brighton squad. The game was called off and surprisingly, he was "injured" again today. Nuno is just the player that we need however, I get the feeling he is not liked in some quarters at Ewood, hence him being dropped and now "injured".

My opinion of course, make of that what you wish.

One thing I do know, Berg is way out of his depth and this is all down to one moron, Shebby Singh.

Disco Stu loves Backtracking, Coooool.

for anyone who likes to place money on old Ralphinio's sure things I would just like to place a heads up, this is a guy who used to post here under the name of dj walshy or something like that who at one time was once selling an iPhone and posted it for sale in one of the other forums, I bought it and days later the phone got blocked, basically the phone was reported stolen after being sold for cash.

Maybe I was stupid but naive but this guy came to my house and lied to me in front of me my children and sold me the phone then was stupid enough to post pictures of himself under his new post name (after ignoring severall messages under his last post name) you could (Ralphinio) come and speak to me and give my money back but i don't hold my breath.

True, if Coyle or Cotterill or anyone in any way associated with them was appointed we would never live it down....

What ex Bolton, Pompey & Forest.

The Burnley factor is just plain ridiculous.

If anyone out there, is the right man for the job, I couldn't give a t0ss as to who they may have managed.

They are just getting the younger cheaper players bedded in regardless of results. They've always hinted this is what they want, who's really behind it is very open to debate but the high turnover of players looks set to continue. In a way, from their view point,as long as the parachute money is ongoing it doesn't really matter what league we are in if we are blooding players and shoveing others through the door. Form your own opinions on that but im pretty sure we were just supposed to partly showcase and house a certain mobs talent {ahem} from the beggining. We'll just be doing it in a different league now with mostly lesser talent.

They are just getting the younger cheaper players bedded in regardless of results. They've always hinted this is what they want, who's really behind it is very open to debate but the high turnover of players looks set to continue. In a way, from their view point,as long as the parachute money is ongoing it doesn't really matter what league we are in if we are blooding players and shoveing others through the door. Form your own opinions on that but im pretty sure we were just supposed to partly showcase and house a certain mobs talent {ahem} from the beggining. We'll just be doing it in a different league now with mostly lesser talent.

Why did Mrs. D come out recently and promise MGP a new contract then? Doesn't make sense... I think they're totally clueless, as well as being taken advantage of. The sooner England implements different rules, similar to Germany, with regards to ownership in football, the better.

Hughes failed at City and QPR and walk away from Fulham cos he wanted a bigger club.

Billy Davies has Championship experience and got Derby County promote. Plus got Forest into playoffs twice in 2 season

Chaddy you talk absolute rubbish everyday and your spelling and grammar is atrocious. Hughes didn't fail at city at all, when he left they where in 9th position and around 6 points off 4th. The day he as sacked they won and the city fans applauded him and quite openly stated he was doing a gradually good job. After all Mancini failed that season and scraped a top 4 the next.

Archived