BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You suggest a manager with championship and promotion experience ahead of a manager like Mark Hughes.

If by some miracle Mark Hughes wanted to come back here Billy Davies's name should not even be uttered in the same sentence.

• Backroom

Berg should resign - to retain what's left of his dignity than for any other reason. It's not like Shebby or Venky's will employ anybody better, so i'm under no illusions Berg resigning will change our fortunes - but for his own benefit and reputation Berg has to leave before things get even worse. And they will get worse.

why do some people think berg has honour and integrity compared to kean? what makes anyone think he would be anymore likely to walk than coco given that he would be earning good money and would be unlikely to get another job as big as this, let alone the lower league? i dont expect him to walk because like all @#/?-poor managers he is a mercenary, who wants to hold onto the coattail of the club for as long as possible

• Moderation Lead
why do some people think berg has honour and integrity compared to kean? what makes anyone think he would be anymore likely to walk than coco given that he would be earning good money and would be unlikely to get another job as big as this, let alone the lower league? i dont expect him to walk because like all @#/?-poor managers he is a mercenary, who wants to hold onto the coattail of the club for as long as possible

Because he used to play here, and because everyone sees him in Stanley House and he 'cuts a lonely figure'.

He's no different to Kean now, apart from the fact that he has a driving licence.

It would be best all around if he quit, to preserve his status as a player here, as he isn't a million miles away from ruining that as well......

and what has Hughes achieve since leaving rovers then??????

what happens if Hughes cant turn it round and take us down to the League 1

Erm managed several premier league teams quite well, QPR being his only mess and they aren't exactly flying with redknapp in charge so it shows there's more wrong there than you think.

Billy Davies has done........what, ever?????

Do you really think Hughes would do a worse job than billy Davies, you really think he would take us down again to league 1.

• Backroom

You're sort of right, in that a person with real dignity would not have taken the job after making the type of comments Berg made in the summer. It was a warning sign right from the get go that he wasn't quite the man he was being hyped up to be. His allowance of Singh to influence various things (regardless of what MG Road says) is further proof he's accepted becoming a puppet on Venky's string to either attempt to enhance his own reputation or earn a wad of cash.

If he resigns, however, he'll at least gain a crumb of dignity. If he stays and gets us relegated (or as good as) he'll have tainted his entire reputation both at Rovers and on a global scale.

Perhaps this is why he didn't get the Bury job.

Erm managed several premier league teams quite well, QPR being his only mess and they aren't exactly flying with redknapp in charge so it shows there's more wrong there than you think.

Billy Davies has done........what, ever?????

Do you really think Hughes would do a worse job than billy Davies, you really think he would take us down again to league 1.

Hughes failed at City and QPR and walk away from Fulham cos he wanted a bigger club.

Billy Davies has Championship experience and got Derby County promote. Plus got Forest into playoffs twice in 2 season

Whoever was going to come in would have found it a tough job with the management structure in place, quality of the squad and fitness of the squad. You can't blame Berg for applying for the job, whatever you think of him as a manager it's clear he has a great deal of affection for the club.

The problem is he shouldn't have got the job in the first place, not when you had experienced candidates out there who would have come into the club and given the players the kick up the arse they need. For that missed opportunity you can't blame Berg, it's all down to those involved in the management appointment process.

Hughes failed at City and QPR and walk away from Fulham cos he wanted a bigger club.

Billy Davies has Championship experience and got Derby County promote. Plus got Forest into playoffs twice in 2 season

Excuse me for being arsey here but it's "walked" and "promoted" - past tense!

Hughes had a very difficult job at City and I wouldn't say he 'failed'. The fans never turned on him, and I think a lot of the signings were not made by him. It's easy to say he failed now because of how they've fared since, but money continued to pump in after he left, thus taking them to the next level.

He did fail at QPR, spending money seems an issue for him - compare his big money buys at QPR to his bargains at Rovers.

He left Fulham for a bigger club yes, but QPR has dented his reputation and I think he would jump at the chance to drop down a level and rebuild his reputation - he knows he can't walk into a top end job now. However, whether he'd drop down to Circus Ewood is another matter.

Two play off finals and a promotion against 7 years of premier league top flight managerial experience, ok.

I'll leave you to it chaddy, all I'll say is thank goodness you don't have anything to do with selecting the manager.

• Moderation Lead
After result today, really can't see Berg being incharge against Barnsley.

But do you trust Shebby/ Venky's to get in a proper replacement? I don't.

Do I f**k!!!!!!!!!

Bergs handed his notice in. Waiting for Desai to sign it off

If you throw enough mud at the wall....

If you were right, he'd have gone 2 or 3 times in the last week.

He may well resign but I'm taking this with a pinch of salt. So he's effectively resigned on the team bus home?

Archived