BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rumour mongering from ITKs works the same way as wind-ups from WUMs. If you keep responding to them then they'll keep getting posted. Its done for attention, and saying stop posting these daft rumours is giving it attention.

Yes I guess you're right SKH, but thats the nature of the sites such as these, people desperate for a bit of 'insider knowledge' will continue to respond I'm afraid, so I think its better to rubbish the rumours rather than ignore them.

Its interesting to note, I was PM'd recently with a bit of advice which went along the lines of, even some of the more respected members of this site (which rules out mercerman, sorry mercer) have hidden agendas, and are aligned with the club despite outward appearances!

Gave me food for thought and just reaffirmed what I’ve always believed, don’t take this site to seriously, is made up mostly of cranks and opposition supporters on the wind-up!

Hello Mr Agnew by the way, and yes I still think you're a kean, ask your lawyers to investigate that one!

Whatever the rumours (and there are bound to be plenty with results so bad), Berg is going to leave one way or another unless we pick up some points. Venkys have gambled all on us going straight back up and we are nowhere near it.

To appoint Hughes would be a sign that they are serious and have finally learned something.

If they keep Berg on as we plummet down the League or appoint another disaster then we reach the point of no return-----relegation and 6000 crowds.

Do we lose our parachute payments if we drop out of the Chumpionship by the way? If so, someone had better warn Venkys!

So personally as a Rovers supporter, I wish the rumours were true. January window would be interesting at last.

To clarify, I was respondng to Berg being asked to continue.

Interesting role reversal by the way.

Shaw was completely opposed to Shebby steam rolling Berg into the job.

Now Berg is in the job, Berg is refusing to tolerate Shebby

Interfering and Shaw is solidly supporting Berg.

Looks like something is going to happen if we lose today (which is probable ) but surely the man who hired him , must go too ?

Mark Hughes , I suspect would not work for Venkys , and I am not sure who would , maybe Black or even Kean ?

Impossible to predict Venkys they are stark raving mad !

The next manager would have to be too ! Shebby anyone ?

Yes I guess you're right SKH, but thats the nature of the sites such as these, people desperate for a bit of 'insider knowledge' will continue to respond I'm afraid, so I think its better to rubbish the rumours rather than ignore them.

Its interesting to note, I was PM'd recently with a bit of advice which went along the lines of, even some of the more respected members of this site (which rules out mercerman, sorry mercer) have hidden agendas, and are aligned with the club despite outward appearances!

Gave me food for thought and just reaffirmed what I’ve always believed, don’t take this site to seriously, is made up mostly of cranks and opposition supporters on the wind-up!

Hello Mr Agnew by the way, and yes I still think you're a kean, ask your lawyers to investigate that one!

gav, this post in one big contradiction. You dont want other posters to post rumours and yet you recieved a pm, with nothing but unsubstantiated gossip and post this yourself.?

i´m okay with people telling what they´ve heard, after a few posts, the average joe should be able to tell, who is worth listening to and who is not.

i´ll happily join in on the last part though.

All the talk prior to Berg's appointment was that he was a strong character and wouldn't be messed around

So far he hasn't lived up to this, starting with not being able to bring his own back room team in

What other manager in any division would not bring even one person in to help them coach?

The success of good managers is because they have a strong team around them, I'm massively disappointed that nothing has changed in th back room staff since Kean was here. Hence I'm not surprised that results haven't materialised.

The longer it stays like this, the longer I feel Berg is staying only for the money, which puts him in the Kean bracket,

All the talk prior to Berg's appointment was that he was a strong character and wouldn't be messed around

So far he hasn't lived up to this, starting with not being able to bring his own back room team in

What other manager in any division would not bring even one person in to help them coach?

The success of good managers is because they have a strong team around them, I'm massively disappointed that nothing has changed in th back room staff since Kean was here. Hence I'm not surprised that results haven't materialised.

The longer it stays like this, the longer I feel Berg is staying only for the money, which puts him in the Kean bracket,

I think the signs are that Berg's having his strings pulled by Shebby and been caught in the politic infighting in the boardroom. No self-respecting manager would tolerate that situation and would leave with their dignity intact. If Berg continues to work under these conditions then yes, questions will be asked about his character. Personally, I can't see him hanging around.

But he's gotta go some way to reach Kean status. He's part of an exclusive group with Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin, and Piers Morgan.

Apologies if this has been highlighted already, but there are hints on the MB of "SK getting more from these players" and it's playing right into the hands of Venkys.

Part of the grievance procedure after constructive dismissal is the offer of a resolution. An employer will, the majority of the time, offer to resolve the grievance and offer the role back to the injured party without prejudice, in SK's case removing whatever was causing the grievance (SS?) and reinstating him as manager. They do this to avoid any payouts or complicated tribunals. It then becomes the injured party's responsibility to prove at a tribunal that they were forced out of the door and that they are unable to return to the post, and refuse the employer's offer of a resolution, which puts SK in a sticky wicket as he needs to prove whatever the issue was made his position untenable.

If Berg happens to step down some time soon, does this leave us open to the possibility that SK will be offered his job back, with no SS controlling affairs?

Would be a big FU to us all, and proof in their eyes that SK was the "right man for the job".

Just theorising. This whole charade wouldn't surprise me though.

Apologies if this has been highlighted already, but there are hints on the MB of "SK getting more from these players" and it's playing right into the hands of Venkys.

Part of the grievance procedure after constructive dismissal is the offer of a resolution. An employer will, the majority of the time, offer to resolve the grievance and offer the role back to the injured party without prejudice, in SK's case removing whatever was causing the grievance (SS?) and reinstating him as manager. They do this to avoid any payouts or complicated tribunals. It then becomes the injured party's responsibility to prove at a tribunal that they were forced out of the door and that they are unable to return to the post, and refuse the employer's offer of a resolution, which puts SK in a sticky wicket as he needs to prove whatever the issue was made his position untenable.

If Berg happens to step down some time soon, does this leave us open to the possibility that SK will be offered his job back, with no SS controlling affairs?

Would be a big FU to us all, and proof in their eyes that SK was the "right man for the job".

if ..if that ever happened i would never set foot in ewood EVER again.Id be outside the player enterance tho at 12.30.

No one has been able to explain why he was in the North West on Friday including an overnight stay.

By the way, he was dining alone, however, he looked far from miserable !

To clarify, I was respondng to Berg being asked to continue.

Interesting role reversal by the way.

Shaw was completely opposed to Shebby steam rolling Berg into the job.

Now Berg is in the job, Berg is refusing to tolerate Shebby

Interfering and Shaw is solidly supporting Berg.

yeah complete turn around isn't it , being sceptical you would think that Shaw was taking this position to help someone else get Venky's eyes and ears away from the club wouldn't you. Can't have a Malaysian TV pundit wrecking something you have sold your soul to get can you, spoiling the party by not feeding back to india what a well run football club Rovers is with crowds of 20,000 and supporters extremely happy

Team kean gone in body but the influence lives on in the corridors of Ewood

I figure i'd better say to avoid any meltdown, this is all theory. I didn't even know SK was in the North West. But if you'd racked up a cool few million over a couple of years you'd be happy even sat in a Cash Converters in Burnley town centre.

He has been suspiciously quiet though, and not really linked with any jobs, weird if JA is still his agent as he did such a good job of promoting him with his media pals during his time at Rovers. You'd think something would have come up for him by now...

...unless he's holding out during his constructive dismissal case (as you're supposed to do, getting straight back into employment is a sure fire way to lose a tribunal as you've not really lost out).

Curious.

Anyway, back on topic. It'll be interesting to see how Berg's tenure pans out. Given the facade that was SK's "dismissal" (as some Z-list journalists insistently refer to his resignation) I wonder if they'd pull the trigger themselves this time?

Berg seems a nice chap but he can't get away from his blatant backtracking over his comments about the owners. Unless he himself is not a "self respecting manager" and he's just there for a much needed payday.

gav, this post in one big contradiction. You dont want other posters to post rumours and yet you recieved a pm, with nothing but unsubstantiated gossip and post this yourself.?

i´m okay with people telling what they´ve heard, after a few posts, the average joe should be able to tell, who is worth listening to and who is not.

i´ll happily join in on the last part though.

You miss the point greco, maybe I didn't make it very well, but I understand what you're saying.

Bottom line is, take everything on here with a big pinch of salt, unless you can vouch for the source.

Not surprising, he said he would make an announcement about his future soon and you'd be daft to think it would be that he wants to spend the next 6 months at Rovers.

What a poor way to end a brilliant playing career, shipping goals at a Championship team on the slide for the sake of nostalgia.

No one has been able to explain why he was in the North West on Friday including an overnight stay.

By the way, he was dining alone, however, he looked far from miserable !

So you spotted Berg and Kean both dining alone. Firstly, kudos, you'd make a great investigative journalist.

Berg looked a broken shell of man, yet Kean was chuckling away to himself like some kind of village oddball?

You've got a bet on haven't you?

I'm with Abbey though. Kean comes back and I'm done with football.

Nothing would surprise me with these fools , but I will not step foot over the threshold of Ewood Park if it happenend ..

Archived