BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

More rubbish leaked out just to unsettle Berg & the team. Or poss just for betting purposes just to get people throwing their brass away again as we've been an easy target for that over the past few years. Either way if it is mischief making from people inside or betting or just fans trying to wave their willy please just pack it in, you aint helping things. Just think about the team for once !

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elementary dear Chaddy

I was just after clear comment from Kamy. just to make sure that some people dont misunderstand what Kamy is saying.

Back up what Nicko said on Friday/Saturday thats Hughes's agent isnt in the UK so Talks are very untrue and people just starting crappy rumours again and trying to be In The Know when they arent!!!

Hughes's Agent is Kia Joorabchian

I was just after clear comment from Kamy. just to make sure that some people dont misunderstand what Kamy is saying.

Chaddy - do you think that the introduction of a picture facility would help where posters are able to make online drawings with online crayons ?

• Backroom

Back up what Nicko said on Friday/Saturday thats Hughes's agent isnt in the UK so Talks are very untrue and people just starting crappy rumours again and trying to be In The Know when they arent!!!

Hughes's Agent is Kia Joorabchian

I know mate

As far as Rovers go these days though I find its best to just wait and see as even the best sources and reliable when we have owners as unpredictable as ours

There are clearly issues between Berg and Shebby, but at the moment no talks with Highes have taken place. His people say that he is very keen to get another job, and would drop down to Championship. BUT, it is very unlikely that he would join Rovers if job came free as he would massive reassurances which Venky's won't in my opinion be able to give.

Boro game is huge for Henning, if we lose then he would be under enormous pressure.

• Moderation Lead
There are clearly issues between Berg and Shebby, but at the moment no talks with Highes have taken place. His people say that he is very keen to get another job, and would drop down to Championship. BUT, it is very unlikely that he would join Rovers if job came free as he would massive reassurances which Venky's won't in my opinion be able to give.

Boro game is huge for Henning, if we lose then he would be under enormous pressure.

Looks like the pressure will be mounting then, not saying it's all Henning's fault, but I don't think the players are playing to their optimum (to say the least!!!!!!)

Mercerman, how confident are you that Black will be in charge tomorrow?

How much have you wagered? Or are you putting your reputation further on the line?

The Rovers' world is, IMO, now one of chaos and total unpredictability.

I think recent times have been turgid for Berg and I think his position has become untenable. Berg is a likeable guy but I always thought he was the wrong choice and I genuinely feel for him for what he must be having to put up with.

Since the Blackpool game, there has been a lot of speculation that he was about to 'walk' - I think it needs to be understood that you simply can't 'walk' away from an employment contract without reason, though constructive dismissal, as Kean is allegedly claiming, is a mitigating factor and maybe Berg thinks he is in the same position !

You can only take so much before something 'snaps' and I think we are very nearly at Berg's 'tipping-point'.

What odds is your bookie offering for this facility to be in place by midday tomorrow?

I think it would be at least 100/1, however, it is not as far fetched as you may think by integrating an application such as Microsoft Paint !

Chaddy has been having a gentle dig at me recently so I was just having a little go back !

Since the Blackpool game, there has been a lot of speculation that he was about to 'walk' - I think it needs to be understood that you simply can't 'walk' away from an employment contract without reason, though constructive dismissal, as Kean is allegedly claiming, is a mitigating factor and maybe Berg thinks he is in the same position !

Speculation you helped create and you are now trying to pour cold water on it? Does that mean you are less confident that Berg will not be in the dugout today, as you predicted only last night?

Under normal circumstances it would come down to the notice period in his contract? If there isn't one and there is no other walk away clause, or other simple breach, then his lawyer did a kean job of agreeing his contract!

I think it would be at least 100/1, however, it is not as far fetched as you may think by integrating an application such as Microsoft Paint !

Chaddy has been having a gentle dig at me recently so I was just having a little go back !

I dont take any offence to Mercerman having a little dig and take it friendly banter between two poster who have respect for each other.

Agreed and MG Road has said the same as Kamy has.

Berg needs to get a win today and really hope he gets it.

Well I was in a good mood after yesterday but I must say most of my Christmas spirit evaporated reading the end of this thread. Just looked at the recent posts, and I unfortunately have to say imo the recent posts from Mm and several others are disgraceful. Mm was never supportive of Berg's appointment from the off and now seems to be sticking the boot in in and trying to get momentum building around fictitious rumours Berg attempted to quit so he can say he was right all along. If Berg wanted to quit, he would quit.

Ralfinho - "Hughes is on his way" - Yeah right, would that be the same source that told us Holloway was definitely coming and his compensation package was in the process of being finalised?

Philip - "The rumours are true." Says it all really.

There's not a lot wrong with Berg that three back to back wins wouldn't cure. Singh should have no input at all into team selection and shouldn't have the final say on transfer policy so that in itself would make the acquisition of a decent replacement problematic if Berg were to walk out.

I'm not saying Berg will get the wins he needs or be here indefinitely. He hasn't had the players performing to their maximum potential recently and in my view has committed a big faux pas with his treatment of Robinson and pursuit of Friedel.

However he's still our manager and at this stage I don't really think he's been given enough of a chance to prove himself. Get behind him and the team.

And for god's sake Rovers, if you decide Berg is to be given a chance, get rid of Kean's partner in crime Black, and most of the rest of the coaching staff who have got us in the position we're in now.

I agreed with most of that but can't agree with the sentiments regarding black. He seemed to recognise that our main problem was conceding too many soft goals. He worked on this and tweaked the formation and kept things tight. Berg came in and changed it straight away and we were back to conceding the soft goals again.

Mm was never supportive of Berg's appointment from the off and now seems to be sticking the boot in in and trying to get momentum building around fictitious rumours Berg attempted to quit so he can say he was right all along. If Berg wanted to quit, he would quit.

Ralfinho - "Hughes is on his way" - Yeah right, would that be the same source that told us Holloway was definitely coming and his compensation package was in the process of being finalised?

Philip - "The rumours are true." Says it all really.

Would you want it any other way Rev? The messageboard caricatures are in full swing.

IMO, it would be naive to dismiss the latest speculation over Berg's position as bunkum, Christmas cracker jokes etc.

I think Berg's position as manager is now untenable from both sides' perspective.

I even think that we might find Black in charge tomorrow !

Simply, IMO, there is just far too much noise about for this to be dismissed as bunkum or whatever adjective you might wish to use.

When the rumours and conjecture are spun by you mercer anyone with half a brain will just laugh out loudly and move on, or at least I hope they will.

But I have to admit, even you're nonsense isn't outlandish as Ralfs, he's just clueless that chap.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Berg did walk or was fired. It hasn't worked out for him so far. Yes he doesn't have the best of teams at his disposal, but even Steve Kean was getting more out of them. That in no way is an endorsement of Kean, who needed to go, no matter what that did to our league position. But Berg hasn't done anything to improve the team. We are still rudderless and have done nothing to get the best out of Jordan Rhodes. Today's match will say a lot for how things will shape up. The team and the club is a comedy club with Shebby the host and Venky's the main act.

Archived