BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley v Rovers 2nd December 2012

Kelbo

I never thought a Rovers team wouldn't give 100% against Burnley. Unforgivable.

Me neither!! F'in disgraceful!!

And to make matters worse the ONLY player that probably does care enough about the result of this particular game and what it means to us all was left on the bench and unable to do anything about it. ABSOLUTE CRAP DECISION FROM BERG!!!!

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF we could actually see out games and not concede last minute goals we would be sitting in 5th, comfortably in the play off positions and not far from automatic promotion. Instead we are 4 points adrift of the play offs and not where we should or need to be. It's a fine line in this game and, in this league especially, a couple of points dropped makes a big difference which we can no longer afford.

Having said that, it's a miracle that we are still in touch of the play offs with the way we have been playing. Things could be worse, we just need to start winning games instead of drawing so many.

IF we could actually see out games and not concede last minute goals we would be sitting in 5th, comfortably in the play off positions and not far from automatic promotion. Instead we are 4 points adrift of the play offs and not where we should or need to be. It's a fine line in this game and, in this league especially, a couple of points dropped makes a big difference which we can no longer afford.

Having said that, it's a miracle that we are still in touch of the play offs with the way we have been playing. Things could be worse, we just need to start winning games instead of drawing so many.

Great Post.

I shudder to think where we'd be in this league currently had we not bought Rhodes.

Though he continues to score - I do wonder whether part of our problems are down to Rhodes. Yes I realise as a goal scorer he is up there with the best - however his inability to regularly hold the ball up does bring us under increasing pressure and impacts on the confidence of our defence and midfield to push up. IMO Rhodes all-round play has to improve - as much as our service to him.

Though he continues to score - I do wonder whether part of our problems are down to Rhodes. Yes I realise as a goal scorer he is up there with the best - however his inability to regularly hold the ball up does bring us under increasing pressure and impacts on the confidence of our defence and midfield to push up. IMO Rhodes all-round play has to improve - as much as our service to him.

Our midfield couldn't push up if they tried, when did we last have a midfielder that consistently got up to and beyond the striker ?

Also Simon will be lacking match fitness so you're being a bit harsh he hasn't been given a fair crack if the whip for a long long time

That's part of the problem. It sounds like he had minimal impact today so on Friday he'll probably be back on the bench and Dunny might be in. Say Dunny has a poor game, he'll be out and people will be saying give Pedersen another go. Is there nobody at the club who sees these players day in day out that can decide a) on a recognisable style of play B) the best 11 players to suit that style of play.

Berg is not pulling up any trees but we must all remember that he is still working through the mess Kean left. I've said before that Mourinho would have trouble with this lot. Berg is also existing under the reign of the worst owners English football has ever seen. It's a toxic mix of mediocrity and ineptitude.

1-1 before the game and I'd have said "thanks very much".

Difficult to take the way the equaliser went in though - killed the atmosphere in Blues.

The referee was garbage throughout but in the end, Bumley had dominated the first half and we dominated the second so a draw was probably a fair reflection.

I didn't think King was the answer due to lack of experience but he did well when he came on. Peds and CKR possibly showed why they should be used as subs.

The fact we view this as a "defeat" and Bumley will view it as a "victory" tells me that there is still a gulf between us and we are on top.

Getting closer though and Ewood on 17 March will be... interesting.

We drew against Burnley lost to Bolton and Millwall which is not good enough at all even if people are happy with a point.

Sorry but we have a crud team who are in crap form

You're right. The only plus point from today is the ding-dongs still couldn't beat the weakest Rovers team to visit Burnley in 30 years. I reckon they should sell up now and build some houses on it. They'll never have a better chance !

possibly from the fact that we were incessantly peppered first half by a team below us in the table, us the "best squad in the league" and didn't put a single coherent move together.

But we haven't got the best squad in the league have we.

We should be performing better than we are but too many fans still think we should be world beaters in this league.

The referee was garbage throughout but in the end, Bumley had dominated the first half and we dominated the second so a draw was probably a fair reflection.

I didn't think King was the answer due to lack of experience but he did well when he came on.

I don't know where the other posters watched the game, but the above is spot on. Rovers were awful first half and much the better team second half.

Berg is not pulling up any trees but we must all remember that he is still working through the mess Kean left. I've said before that Mourinho would have trouble with this lot. Berg is also existing under the reign of the worst owners English football has ever seen. It's a toxic mix of mediocrity and ineptitude.

Yeah but Kean had a better win rate with these exact same players. :(

Disclaimer: This is in no way an endorsement of Steve Kean (as I know some goombas might take it that way) but we can't keep using this as a blanket excuse everytime Berg fails to win a game.

January needs to bring an energetic box to box midfielder and a left back, get Good Olsson on the wing whipping in some balls for Rhodes.

We dont seem to have an idea on how to get the best out of Rhodes and he still scores for fun, average results so far from Berg and the performances have'nt been massively better, lots of work to be done.

Bucky - I believe any critisms should be messaged privatly. Lechuk has a track record of moaning like a teenage girl and ignoring people...

I personally don't care but to voice your ignoring someone is rather childish. I see it as rather an act of attention seeking.

I'm not happy as a fan supporting mediocrity and being outplayed by teams who lack the quality such as ourselves, I reserve the right to voice it.

In eight games bar peterbrough we've failed to even look like a side wanting a prem return. We've gone backwards. I believe in cutting my losses early to avoid further embarrassment and damage to our club.

Who cares if that's harsh...it happens in the real world so why not football?

Yeah but Kean had a better win rate with these exact same players

How many people said about those early wins that we were lucky and that run couldn't continue. Let's not pretend that under Kean we'd have got battered but managed to keep winning like in the Leicester home game.

Archived