BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley v Rovers 2nd December 2012

Kelbo

Berg is not pulling up any trees but we must all remember that he is still working through the mess Kean left. I've said before that Mourinho would have trouble with this lot. Berg is also existing under the reign of the worst owners English football has ever seen. It's a toxic mix of mediocrity and ineptitude.

Berg can be judged against how other Championship managers who were appointed at the same time have fared:-

• Holloway 7 matches, 16 points, averaging 2.3 points per match
  • McCarthy 7 matches, 13 points, averaging 1.9 points per match
  • Dyche 7 matches, 11 points, averaging 1.6 points per match
  • Freedman 7 matches 10 points, averaging 1.4 points per match
  • Appleton 5 matches, 7 points, averaging 1.4 points per match
  • Berg 7 matches, 6 points, averaging 0.9 points per match

We could have had any one of those managers but instead opted for Berg.

I think the writing is on the wall. Berg inherited a squad of players no worse than any of the clubs above perhaps with the exception of Palace and, so far, he has, IMO, failed miserably. There can be no excuses, just look at the facts.

Yeah but Kean had a better win rate with these exact same players. :(

Disclaimer: This is in no way an endorsement of Steve Kean (as I know some goombas might take it that way) but we can't keep using this as a blanket excuse everytime Berg fails to win a game.

+1

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many people said about those early wins that we were lucky and that run couldn't continue. Let's not pretend that under Kean we'd have got battered but managed to keep winning like in the Leicester home game.

Berg's results to date are poor, end of.

Mick McCarthy inherited a side much further down the league and has produced results.

Berg's results to date are poor, end of.

Hence why I said further up this page we should be performing better than we are.

Pretending we would be in the top 2 under kean and that we have the best squad in this division is not true though. Err, end of. (post)

Yeah but Kean had a better win rate with these exact same players. :(

Disclaimer: This is in no way an endorsement of Steve Kean (as I know some goombas might take it that way) but we can't keep using this as a blanket excuse everytime Berg fails to win a game.

Fair point.

Berg can be judged against how other Championship managers who were appointed at the same time have fared:-

• Holloway 7 matches, 16 points, averaging 2.3 points per match
  • McCarthy 7 matches, 13 points, averaging 1.9 points per match
  • Dyche 7 matches, 11 points, averaging 1.6 points per match
  • Freedman 7 matches 10 points, averaging 1.4 points per match
  • Appleton 5 matches, 7 points, averaging 1.4 points per match
  • Berg 7 matches, 6 points, averaging 0.9 points per match

We could have had any one of those managers but instead opted for Berg.

I think the writing is on the wall. Berg inherited a squad of players no worse than any of the clubs above perhaps with the exception of Palace and, so far, he has, IMO, failed miserably. There can be no excuses, just look at the facts.

Can you kean off doing this. I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve?

where's all this "they didn't give 100%" talk come from?

i listened to the radio and nobody questioned commitment

There wasn't one proper shot in the first half and we were lucky not to be trailing 3-0. I can't see how that's a committed performance in any way. Let's not forget what match this is and what it means. Coming off the back of another poor derby day performance I would have expected a lot more.

Football is a results business. Dont get them and youre gone.

Exactly the same in any other business.

Sounds cruel but what other outcomes are;

Keep a manager who is failling so you fail like at his former club.

Hope he turns it around but may have to wait till next year and incur more debt.

Sack get rid... Start over again or sign up a proven winner .

First half kean 2nd half proud of rover!!!

Hope he turns it around but may have to wait till next year and incur more debt.

keaning stupid post

• Backroom

The whole forum seems obsessed with being able to say 'I told you so' therefore when people predicted other options were better than Berg they will repeat the stats whilst its still the case

Self serving, to show us how right he was, still I don't suppose we'll hear much about the outcome of his bet. Sad we did not win but I expected to lose, the we we lost the goal irks me sounded like a poor decision for the free kick but on the whole sounds like a draw's about right. We will have to be a wee bit better come Friday.

NOt here and yes we did. Kean stayed on way past his expire date did he not. Let's just settle down a bit.

No one should feel uncomfortable with the facts.

The facts are simply that Berg is not delivering.

Keep burying your head in the sand !

Any suggestions who this proven winner should be?

Also, given the inflexibility of our financial situation, would you like to offer to pay the compensation?

Look I'm just as passionate as all of us. Sorry to be so objective today but its time I have a break from here for a while.

Up the Rovers. Hope we get an outcome which suits us all this season.

My man would be Hughes. Knows a few of the players, aware of the surrondings. Deal till may if he gets us up, he restores his reputation and were in the prem.

The whole forum seems obsessed with being able to say 'I told you so' therefore when people predicted other options were better than Berg they will repeat the stats whilst its still the case

Berg wouldn't have been my choice.

I honestly wish that he had opened-up with 7 wins on the bounce.

Unfortunately, he hasn't, he's struggling, the club is struggling and it is no good hiding from that fact.

To me as a supporter, it's also very, very frustrating that other managerial options who it is speculated were on the list, are doing it elsewhere in the Championship. Weeks ago, I posted to the effect that I thought Holloway would crawl to Blackburn over broken glass because that was the type of speculation coming out of Blackpool. If speculation is correct, Shaw wanted him, Shebby didn't - well if we aren't careful, internal politics could finish our club sooner rather than later in my view.

I'm sure plenty of us would like to say I told you but saying it on a forum is pointless, it just winds people up.

I for one would have loved to have had Holloway or Mick Mccarthy in but Shebby chose to make his own decision rather than the tried and tested way, maybe at the end of the season if Berg has been given some money in January and we have failed to gain promotion we could all say to Shebby WE told you so but until then we should just back Berg.

Mercer for 2 years now you have spoken with varying accuracy about the plight of this club and how we have been ripped apart by Kean, Venkys et al. Quite how do you expect Berg to waltz in, wave his magic wand and get us constantly winning? Tragic that you are calling for his head already. 7 bloody games. That's SEVEN!

The decision to appoint berg was made (rightly or wrongly). There is no way Rovers fans should be on his back already. Pathetic. Hughes made an equally hopeless start.

Everyone just chill out and at least give Berg this season.

Just on the bus coming past Accy and that result today was like win for me, don't listen to the idiots who backed Burnley to win, this was a great result under the circumstances, we're over the moon to he honest after a week of worry.

Another bet down the swanny, you wanna pack it in mercer.

"To me as a supporter" Mercerman. On all tests YOU fail.

Been suspect for a while

"To me as a supporter" Mercerman. On all tests YOU fail.

Well you can feck off then.

Cold, dark, damp days at the likes of The Shay, the same at Tranmere on a Friday night, snowy trips to Chesterfied etc - all when Rovers struggling near bottom of old Third Division.

When you see your club being, IMO, destroyed inside 2 mad seasons after 50ish years of support, you are bound to feel real anger.

Mercer for 2 years now you have spoken with varying accuracy about the plight of this club and how we have been ripped apart by Kean, Venkys et al. Quite how do you expect Berg to waltz in, wave his magic wand and get us constantly winning? Tragic that you are calling for his head already. 7 bloody games. That's SEVEN!

The decision to appoint berg was made (rightly or wrongly). There is no way Rovers fans should be on his back already. Pathetic. Hughes made an equally hopeless start.

Everyone just chill out and at least give Berg this season.

I think Souness did too ...But that was at the end of the season and didn't really matter ..

Archived