SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley v Rovers 2nd December 2012

Kelbo

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's anyone who thinks we kick on after a failure season needs a reality check

Have you worked out the wages we are committed to over the next 3/4 years with Rhodes/ Murphy/ Etuhu/Best/Gomes etc - the Rao's gambled all or nothing on this season

Failure to go up equals meltdown

Did you go today?

Who cares about which fans won the shouting match. I'm concerned with what happen out there on the pitch.

Well I'm sorry about that, but I wasn't talking to you was I?

You'd need a pulse to care about what happens in the stands :rock:

My take on the game,

First half was scrappy and bar an effort from Rhodes which went into the 2nd tier rovers created no real clear cut chances.

Robbo pulled of two tremendous saves to keep Rovers on level terms.

Pedersen was just a non show today, the guy on the right for the dingles had a lot of joy down his side and was not tracked by Pedersen, he came inside many times looking to unlock rovers defence, but the Rovers players threw their bodies at everything. I lost count the amount of blocks they got in, and last ditch tackles

First half

Robbo- Really at his best 9

Henley-Had a good first half and he and Formica appear to have a good understanding -8

Olsson- Got stuck in but was given very little help by Pedersen and struggled to contain the winger from Burnley-- 7

Dann- One of his best games for Rovers was a tower of strength and had Austin in his pocket- 9

Hanley- Never been convinced by him but he was solid in first half 8

Murphy- Got an early booking and was a passenger for too much of the first half -6

Lowe- Keen as mustard but his positional sense and failure to pick up runners is something he needs to work on, could not knock him for effort though -7

Formica- He battled for everything, winning first and second tackles, never gave too much offensively but worked in good tandem wih Henley

Pedersen- Sadly was just off the pace, and I said on the coach coming back, it may be a while before he starts again- 4

Kazim- Buzzed about but wanted a little too much time on the ball, not quite sure if he is totally fit-6

Rhodes- Battled hard but never really had a look in, with no service and no scraps-6

2nd half especially when King was introduced it was a whole different ball game, we played with pace and purpose.

Robinson- Had very little to do and he earnt his crust first half total match rating- 8

Henley- Was immense second half, he attacked with purpose and was brave, Total match rating- 8

Olsson- Worked much better with King and his pace caused Burnley problems, Total match rating- 7

Dann- Carried on where he left off first half, a real leader today- Total match rating 9

Hanley- Was solid with Dann and prevented Burnley getting first or second balls , Total match rating-8

Murphy- Improved a little second half but still off the pace, with too many misplaced passes- 6

Lowe- Continued to be the legs in midfield but offensively not direct enough- 7

Pedersen- came off at the right time, his second half was looking worse than the first- 4

Formica- Came off we 10 minutes to go, but the first 35 of the second half, he was brilliant, used the ball well and created goal- 8

Rhodes- Worked hard and took his chance well , great header- 7

Kazim- Was lazy at times but had some good passages of play second half-7

subs-

King- changed the game when he came on, caused Burnley loads of problems and also tracked back well - 8

Simon- Never really got into game- 6

So all in all Rover played with a lot of passion, at times was a bit low on quality, but certainly showed a great desire not to lose the match. Disappointed with late equaliser at Burnley had little to offer second half

My take on the game,

First half was scrappy and bar an effort from Rhodes which went into the 2nd tier rovers created no real clear cut chances.

Pedersen was just a non show today, the guy on the right for the dingles had a lot of joy down his side and was not tracked by Pedersen, he came inside many times looking to unlock rovers defence, but the Rovers players threw their bodies at everything. I lost count the amount of blocks they got in, and last ditch tackles

First half

Henley-Had a good first half and he and Formica appear to have a good understanding -8

Olsson- Got stuck in but was given very little help by Pedersen and struggled to contain the winger from Burnley-- 7

Dann- One of his best games for Rovers was a tower of strength and had Austin in his pocket- 9

Murphy- Got an early booking and was a passenger for too much of the first half -6

Lowe- Keen as mustard but his positional sense and failure to pick up runners is something he needs to work on, could not knock him for effort though -7

Formica- He battled for everything, winning first and second tackles, never gave too much offensively but worked in good tandem wih Henley

Pedersen- Sadly was just off the pace, and I said on the coach coming back, it may be a while before he starts again- 4

Kazim- Buzzed about but wanted a little too much time on the ball, not quite sure if he is totally fit-6

Rhodes- Battled hard but never really had a look in, with no service and no scraps-6

2nd half especially when King was introduced it was a whole different ball game, we played with pace and purpose.

Robinson- Had very little to do and he earnt his crust first half total match rating- 8

Henley- Was immense second half, he attacked with purpose and was brave, Total match rating- 8

Olsson- Worked much better with King and his pace caused Burnley problems, Total match rating- 7

Dann- Carried on where he left off first half, a real leader today- Total match rating 9

Hanley- Was solid with Dann and prevented Burnley getting first or second balls , Total match rating-8

Murphy- Improved a little second half but still off the pace, with too many misplaced passes- 6

Pedersen- came off at the right time, his second half was looking worse than the first- 4

Formica- Came off we 10 minutes to go, but the first 35 of the second half, he was brilliant, used the ball well and created goal- 8

subs-

King- changed the game when he came on, caused Burnley loads of problems and also tracked back well - 8

So all in all Rover played with a lot of passion, at times was a bit low on quality, but certainly showed a great desire not to lose the match. Disappointed with late equaliser at Burnley had little to offer second half

Some wonderfully high marks for a team thats just got a draw against a team with no world beaters in are you sure.

My take on the game,

First half

subs-

Spot on

Venkys have spent two years dismantling what Jack Walker and Trust built up over the best part of 20 years and the results were there for all to see today.

Rips my heart to pieces.

Listened to the game at work not 1 mile from Turf Morgue and to say we sounded lucky in that first half is an understatement.We have to take that point and run....this side is not good enough and we ALL know it!

Did you go today?

Well I'm sorry about that, but I wasn't talking to you was I?

You'd need a pulse to care about what happens in the stands :rock:

You need a brain. Who gives a flying Kean as to what happens in the stands. Is there a league table for choirs ? Tell me where you're sitting at the next home game and I'll watch you instead of the players.

You need a brain. Who gives a flying Kean as to what happens in the stands. Is there a league table for choirs ?

So you don't care about the support from the travelling Rovers fans? did you not get goose bumps when 3500 travelling blues sang No Ney Never?

:(

Haven't seen the game today, have spoken to a few lads who went who seemed to think we were very poor first half, very good second.

They also thought Dann excellent, good game from Robinson today.

Reading the posts on here have to say that the main positive from today will be if the money grabbing leech that is Pedersen never pulls on a Rovers shirt again.

Another last gasp equaliser conceded though. That's happened twice now already in the four away games that Berg's been here and also happened against Ipswich and Derby. We also failed to win after taking the lead at Charlton, and failed to win after taking a two goal lead at Leeds. That's twelve points gone a begging already there and will prove our downfall come the end of the season.

It also saps the enthusiasm somewhat, if the team don't care enough to hang onto a lead with five minutes to go - why should you?

So you don't care about the support from the travelling Rovers fans? did you not get goose bumps when 3500 travelling blues sang No Ney Never?

Do I care ? Of course. Do I want to discuss It ? Err, No. Will the support get us promoted ? Err, No. Thanks for turning out Gav. Now, would you like to give me your opinions re what actually happened on the pitch ? I'd be really interested in that.

Do I care ? Of course. Do I want to discuss It ? Err, No. Will the support get us promoted ? Err, No. Thanks for turning out Gav. Now, would you like to give me your opinions re what actually happened on the pitch ? I'd be really interested in that.

I'm not sure if you're on the wind up or not, if you don't want to discuss the support then don't discuss it, simple surely......

As for opinions on the pitch, I think Glen Mullan says it all, if you look above I agreed with his assesment.

Haven't seen the game today, have spoken to a few lads who went who seemed to think we were very poor first half, very good second.

They also thought Dann excellent, good game from Robinson today.

Dann put Austin in his pocket when we kicked off and didn't let him out until full time and Robbo made 1 world class save, kept us in it, and looked solid all game Rev.

I'm not sure if you're on the wind up or not, if you don't want to discuss the support then don't discuss it, simple surely......

As for opinions on the pitch, I think Glen Mullan says it all, if you look above I agreed with his assesment.

This thread is about the game not the support. If you really want to bore the kean off people start a separate thread.

• Backroom

After that game, I feel a little buoyed even by a draw. I'm happy with it only because I said I'd have taken it before the game.

As for the players? The back 4 and Robbo did admirably considering Pedersen and Murphy offer them no protection. Lowe should be left to sit in front of the back 4 and Murphy should push up to support the attack (where his passing is more vital). Martin Olsson belongs on the wing really, with Givet behind him. Formica and CKR really played well, with Rhodes doing what he does best! King was a game changer!

I'd argue our best side is this:

-----------------Robbo

Henley - Dann - Hanley - Givet

-----------------Lowe

Formica--------------------Olsson (or King)

-----------------Murphy

-----------CKR---------Rhodes

That's assuming they play as they did in the 2nd half of today for a whole 90mins. However, individual form fluctuates, so it's probably meaningless.

This thread is about the game not the support. If you really want to bore the kean off people start a separate thread.

you are boring now. if you dont like what people have posted dont reply to him

thr fans were great today and sung their hearts out.

what did Shebby do after the game?

Understand your points.

Feels like frustration.

Like everyone, desperately hoped that we would be up, up and away once Kean had gone.

Desperately wanted Berg, or whoever was appointed, to succeed, however, with each passing match, doubts arise about his team selection, substitutions, tactics and motivational powers.

A lot might be subjectivity, however, the one thing that you can't argue with is facts, and the facts are that Berg has got off to a very poor start in terms of points and all the touchy, feely stuff pales into insignificance against the stark measure of results.

I work in a world where results are king and what gets measured gets done !

Honest question here what did you expect Berg to do in a month?

YOU have stated on numerous occasions how unfit the team are, how disjointed we look, how poor the players are that have been signed, so again I ask the question without a transfer window and no real time in between games what did you expect Berg to do in a month?

I love the extrapolation of points by the new managers- maybe you could do that at the END of the season when it matters as opposed to 7 games in and then game by game :blush: if you did that for Moyes in virtually every season he would be sacked after 10 games...

Berg could either follow on from Kean and do what he did (is that what you want?) or do his own thing (for this to happen he needs time and a transfer window- MINIMUM), to call for his head after SIX games (one of which he took one training session!) is one of the most ridiculous things that I have read on here in a long time.

The man is a legend and deserves some slack considering the conditions he finds Rovers in, he doesn't need a bunch of moaning fans who gripe after matches (must have missed the loss today)

Fans were amazing today. Burnley fans were shocking, mind you after 33 years of torture, they don't really have much to shout about.

Lovely bumping into Aggy Blue after the game. This is what being Rovers is all about.

Only down side was that idiot Shebby coming at FT bowing down to the fans. Get out of our club you pillock!

Honest question here what did you expect Berg to do in a month?

YOU have stated on numerous occasions how unfit the team are, how disjointed we look, how poor the players are that have been signed, so again I ask the question without a transfer window and no real time in between games what did you expect Berg to do in a month?

I love the extrapolation of points by the new managers- maybe you could do that at the END of the season when it matters as opposed to 7 games in and then game by game :blush: if you did that for Moyes in virtually every season he would be sacked after 10 games...

Berg could either follow on from Kean and do what he did (is that what you want?) or do his own thing (for this to happen he needs time and a transfer window- MINIMUM), to call for his head after SIX games (one of which he took one training session!) is one of the most ridiculous things that I have read on here in a long time.

The man is a legend and deserves some slack considering the conditions he finds Rovers in, he doesn't need a bunch of moaning fans who gripe after matches (must have missed the loss today)

+ as many as you want imy

Speaking as one who travels to every away game I don't care about what goes on in the stands only on the pitch. I would quite happily lose to Burnley twice this season in exchange for a place in the Premier League next season. I saw my first derby in 1961-62 and during the early sixties we could go on the Longside with Burnley fans have have some friendly banter. A much better atmosphere than the Police State organisation we had today.

Archived