BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley v Rovers 2nd December 2012

Kelbo

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw it same to sambo , I can't talk today .

Never seen anything like it when Rhodes scored, I think I hugged everyone in sight! Definitely remember hugging Glen Mullan, the lad next to me and the Dad with his toddler son on the other side too!

The players have all been posting on Twitter about how good the support was. Even Murphy whizzed his shirt into the crowd I saw!

Burnley fans seemed quiet for longer periods than Rovers (first half included) but they were certainly singing at different points. It is harder to pick up when you're already singing. Burnley will have thought they were louder from where they were sat, and vice versa. I like to think we sang more often, though, and I'm confident we did.

Never seen anything like it when Rhodes scored, I think I hugged everyone in sight! Definitely remember hugging Glen Mullan, the lad next to me and the Dad with his toddler son on the other side too!

The players have all been posting on Twitter about how good the support was. Even Murphy whizzed his shirt into the crowd I saw!

It was a celebration thats going to be hard to surpass, certainly in the section we were in, people on the floor, falling over seats, it was carnage, but great fun!

I think the dingle in the brown coat deserves a mention for his 1 man pitch invasion when they scored. Ran on the pitch and gave it 'the big I am' to the Rovers fans and then realised he was alone, and tried to get back into the stands, but was collared by the stewards and swiftly exited stage left, almost made up for losing a goal.

Disagree with that. The only time Rovers fans seemed to quieten down was towards the end of the First Half imo as we were getting battered.

The first 5-10 minutes seemed to be an electrifying atmosphere from both sets of fans too.

Honestly thought the atmosphere was a lot better than 2010, for the sole reason that the Burnley fans sang the odd chant this time ;)

I saw it same to sambo , I can't talk today .

Burnley fans seemed quiet for longer periods than Rovers (first half included) but they were certainly singing at different points. It is harder to pick up when you're already singing. Burnley will have thought they were louder from where they were sat, and vice versa. I like to think we sang more often, though, and I'm confident we did.

Maybe Plastics right. First half I can hardly remember hearing anything at all from you lot and I thought we were OK but no more. Second half you picked up but we were dreadful.

It was a celebration thats going to be hard to surpass, certainly in the section we were in, people on the floor, falling over seats, it was carnage, but great fun!

I think the dingle in the brown coat deserves a mention for his 1 man pitch invasion when they scored. Ran on the pitch and gave it 'the big I am' to the Rovers fans and then realised he was alone, and tried to get back into the stands, but was collared by the stewards and swiftly exited stage left, almost made up for losing a goal.

Haha I didn't see that, I was busy celebrating and yes, that celebration for us will take some beating - maybe when we score the winner at Ewood ;-).

On the Dann/Austin thing, I could argue the same about Rhodes, the only difference being he scored his header because I can't remember him having many other chances. The trouble with Austin at the moment is we are playing him on his own up top and this means the centre halves can double up on him - probably why the change to Vokes led to a goal because 2 on Charlie left him free.

Anyway a decent game overall for us, you might disagree but you were lucky to go in level at half time and we ultimately paid the price for not driving home our superiority in the first 45. I suspect you will add to your squad in January whilst we will probably sell so whether we can compete as well in the March fixture remains to be seen.

• Moderation Lead

Thought Burnley's fans were noisier than I've heard them before against us, we weren't too bad with the noise.

First half we were battered and lucky to go in at 0-0. After going 1-0 up I was disappointed not to win, but 1-1 was probably a fair result overall.

Funniest moment for me was after the final whistle, when a fat Burnley fan in the side to the right of the cricket field stand started offering the entire away stand out, and then tried running down the stairs and got cleaned out by police and stewards :lol:

• Backroom

They were doing that last time as well, a handful of nobheads gesturing 'outside' to each other knowing full well there's no chance to cross paths

Big hard men

• Backroom

Almost as cringey as our lot singing "where's your famous suicide?" When in reality they would run a mile if said people presented themselves...

Though to be fair, 'suicide squad' just sounds like a support group for emos.

Almost as cringey as our lot singing "where's your famous suicide?" When in reality they would run a mile if said people presented themselves...

Very true Ossy, said the same myself.

I was surprised to see our major players on the concourse before the game, bans must be over but behaving themselves.

• Backroom

Very true Ossy, said the same myself.

I was surprised to see our major players on the concourse before the game, bans must be over but behaving themselves.

Perhaps an exercise in getting some under-performers to understand just what this game means to us? Get some fire in their bellies for a promotion challenge?

My marks would be:

Robinson 8 - kept us in the game with two excellent saves; one in particular was top drawer.

Henley 7 - This lad is going to be a top, top player and its easy to forget how young he is.

Dann 8 - one of his best games in a Rovers shirt, defended well, kept Austin quiet. I knocked a mark off for some sloppy passing first half.

Hanley 6 - steady. Gave the ball straight to them a few times but defended well enough.

Olsson 6 - thought he flattered to deceive but put a shift in at least.

Formica 7 - worked tirelessly and linked very well with Henley second half. Great cross for the goal.

Murphy 6 - thought the early booking took the wind out of his sails. Showed good experience at times in second half winning free kicks.

Lowe 6 - as usual, full of running. Thought the game passed him by at times though.

Pederson 4 - poor delivery from set plays and allowed Burnley players to waltz past him at will. Think his days are numbered to be honest.

Richards 6 - Blows very hot and cold and got caught in possession too often for my liking. Linked well with King second half though.

Rhodes 7 - he scores when he wants. But is crying out for support.

Subs:

King 8 - quite literally a game changing decision to bring him on. Ran at the Burnley defence with pace and trickery from the moment he was introduced.

Vuckevic - probably not on for long enough to give him any marks. But he was on long enough to give away a needless free kick, from which they scored.

All in all, as most have said, a draw was a fair result

I know this a bit off topic. But did anyone else see the match photo of Murphy in Minday's Independent. He's grappling for ball with a Burnley player and looks old as his granddad.

Archived