BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley v Rovers 2nd December 2012

Kelbo

Reading the posts on here have to say that the main positive from today will be if the money grabbing leech that is Pedersen never pulls on a Rovers shirt again.

Totally disagree with that Rev. The main positive about today is that at least Berg has realised that the best place for the show pony that is Rochina is on the bench. I agree Pedersen wasn't at his best but this season he has been one of our better performers along with Nuno Gomes. Results have certainly not improved since both were left out.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honest question here what did you expect Berg to do in a month?

YOU have stated on numerous occasions how unfit the team are, how disjointed we look, how poor the players are that have been signed, so again I ask the question without a transfer window and no real time in between games what did you expect Berg to do in a month?

I love the extrapolation of points by the new managers- maybe you could do that at the END of the season when it matters as opposed to 7 games in and then game by game :blush: if you did that for Moyes in virtually every season he would be sacked after 10 games...

Berg could either follow on from Kean and do what he did (is that what you want?) or do his own thing (for this to happen he needs time and a transfer window- MINIMUM), to call for his head after SIX games (one of which he took one training session!) is one of the most ridiculous things that I have read on here in a long time.

The man is a legend and deserves some slack considering the conditions he finds Rovers in, he doesn't need a bunch of moaning fans who gripe after matches (must have missed the loss today)

Superb post, couldn't agree more!

Speaking as one who travels to every away game I don't care about what goes on in the stands only on the pitch.

You and Mr Shoelaces both!

I'm thankful I get more for money than just what happens on the pitch.

The fans were great today, even after the poor first half, I'm happy to point that out if you don't feel the need or don't care.

Well I'm happy. I thought we'd be keaned upon! :)

Agreed!

You and Mr Shoelaces both!

I'm thankful I get more for money than just what happens on the pitch.

The fans were great today, even after the poor first half, I'm happy to point that out if you don't feel the need or don't care.

Agreed!

Sorry, Gav, I pay my money to watch football not to watch one set of fans shouting at another set of fans - that is of no interest to me in the slightest. I just see it as two points dropped and two more points that we fall behind Cardiff. Returning to the Premier League is all that matters - Burnley is just a sideshow.

Sorry, Gav, I pay my money to watch football not to watch one set of fans shouting at another set of fans - that is of no interest to me in the slightest. I just see it as two points dropped and two more points that we fall behind Cardiff. Returning to the Premier League is all that matters - Burnley is just a sideshow.

+1

We've avoided defeat at the mighty Burnley, just, when it could have been game over at half time, and the whole world seems to have gone crazy !

I'd give Burnley two wins against us if it guaranteed a PL return. It's all totally over-hyped.

Impossible to see the match where I am, but I would have liked to see a better result, and to not have given up that late goal.

From highlights Ive seen, and articles I've read, it seems like we never really dominate games, but just scrape by? Then again, nothing compares to actually watching the game, which I unfortunately cannot do, but would that be accurate?

Totally disagree with that Rev. The main positive about today is that at least Berg has realised that the best place for the show pony that is Rochina is on the bench. I agree Pedersen wasn't at his best but this season he has been one of our better performers along with Nuno Gomes. Results have certainly not improved since both were left out.

Mgp didnt have a good game, but having 2 wingers with no pace at all was the tactical error. King did very well when he came on. Also first half our central midfield did no tracking back of their midfields runs, 2nd half they did, which tightened us up defensively.

All the back 4 did well defensively, but neither full back made much ground going forwards.

With only a couple of minutes left they threw on man mountain Vokes, and threw balls into the area, he got his head on one, i dont think you can say thats anyone in particulars fault to be honest.

I know Rhodes scored a good goal, but he needs to contribute a bit more to the team performance by holding the ball up and laying off, and winning far more balls in the air given his size too. This is something Big Sam would instil in him like he did with Kevin Davies. Same in a lot of ways with CKR too. You wouldnt know we played 2up front from the way we set up really.

Id also question why, when we had the chance to knock the ball around in the first half, why we just kept punting it upfield, that needs to be worked on quickly too.

Has anybody heard anything about Rosado? all the hype about him being the dogs boll++ as a midfielder, why isn`t he being played ?

We signed 5 Portugesers in the summer, only Nuno Gomes has made any impact at all, and its a few weeks since he did that too. You have to question why.

Contrary to the expectations of many on here we got out of the lions den relatively unscathed. The loudest sound at the ground today wasn't the relief expressed by the locals as the equaliser hit the back of the net ... it was the mechanical sound of clockwork as the year indicator ratcheted up another notch from 33 to 34.

Mgp didnt have a good game, but having 2 wingers with no pace at all was the tactical error. King did very well when he came on. Also first half our central midfield did no tracking back of their midfields runs, 2nd half they did, which tightened us up defensively.

All the back 4 did well defensively, but neither full back made much ground going forwards.

With only a couple of minutes left they threw on man mountain Vokes, and threw balls into the area, he got his head on one, i dont think you can say thats anyone in particulars fault to be honest.

I know Rhodes scored a good goal, but he needs to contribute a bit more to the team performance by holding the ball up and laying off, and winning far more balls in the air given his size too. This is something Big Sam would instil in him like he did with Kevin Davies. Same in a lot of ways with CKR too. You wouldnt know we played 2up front from the way we set up really.

Id also question why, when we had the chance to knock the ball around in the first half, why we just kept punting it upfield, that needs to be worked on quickly too.

We signed 5 Portugesers in the summer, only Nuno Gomes has made any impact at all, and its a few weeks since he did that too. You have to question why.

I would agree with all of that Baz. I watched Austin and Rhodes very carefully to compare them and Austin certainly does more outside of the area than Rhodes. Punting the ball upfield to Rhodes is a waste of time because he is neither quick enough or strong enough to retain possession. He showed with the goal where his strengh is and that is as a penalty box predator. Somehow Berg is going to have to change the shape and style of the team to get more service to the lad. In midfield we are playing with two defensive midfielders and three attacking players and it simply isn't working. The three attacking midfielders - and I'm including to player in the hole in this - are all too narrow and thus there is no width. King provided it in the second half but being right-footed he was unable to take advantage of the space he found after beating his marker because he had to come back to get it on his right foot. Formica, who I thought had another good game, is not a winger and always looks to come more into the centre to dictate play rather than burst down the touchline. I fully agree about Nuno Gomes and simply can't understand why he is not involved playing behind Rhodes. He has given Rhodes far more service than any other player and yet we continue to leave him out.

Not a Robbo fan but that today wasn't his near post was it?

Bunn just let a really weak goal in after nearly diving beyond a ball earlier

Tom you should look at it again Robbo is standing near that side of the goal it is headed down and under him agreed the goal Bunn conceded he could have done better but I know who I would rather have in goal between Robbo & Bunn see what I did there we should never have sold Bunn.

Baz you really should look at their goal again the ball goes in on the side Robbo is standing yes I agree Simon has to take his fair share of the blame for giving away that free kick in a dangerous situation and defensively we need to defend the free kick better but Robbo has to take his fair share of the blame the ball is headed in on the side of the goal he is standing and it has been said before his ability to get down to low shots is very poor he really needs to do better I only hope we can acquire Brad in Jan for £500,000 as even at his age I know who I would rather have between the sticks.

Mercer is too pessimistic. And fickle re Berg. Though he is surely one of most respected posters here. Gallagher got it about right. Berg needs time to put his team together. King was very positive substitution. CKR did show some physical strength today. Dann has really improved and us good again. Formica played quite well today. With normal run of luck we would have had about 6 fewer points under Kean this season and say 4 more under Berg. Table doesn't lie. We are mid table. Gally also right to say that this year prob not our season. We will finish 8-10th. And if he is not sacked, next season we can drive for automatic promotion. We need to get rid of 4-5 lazy old guys in big salaries and bring in King equivalents, aggressive, young, hungry, esp 2 tackling midfielders.

Not gloating or owt & didn`t go to the game, but watched a few pre-game snippets on SSN where reporter said game was 'nearly sold out'. Can anybody enlighten? Did the 'mighty' & 'massive' Bumley fail to sell out against their most hated & bitterest rivals? :huh:

Tom you should look at it again Robbo is standing near that side of the goal it is headed down and under him agreed the goal Bunn conceded he could have done better but I know who I would rather have in goal between Robbo & Bunn see what I did there we should never have sold Bunn.

Bunn isn't anywhere near the level that Robbo is at, and never will be.

Robbo showed again yesterday why he's our number 1.

We'd have been beaten with either Kean or Bunn in goal.

Not gloating or owt & didn`t go to the game, but watched a few pre-game snippets on SSN where reporter said game was 'nearly sold out'. Can anybody enlighten? Did the 'mighty' & 'massive' Bumley fail to sell out against their most hated & bitterest rivals? :huh:

It was full from where I was standing.

Do you think we'll sell out at Ewood?

Archived