BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley v Rovers 2nd December 2012

Kelbo

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, Gav, I pay my money to watch football not to watch one set of fans shouting at another set of fans - that is of no interest to me in the slightest. I just see it as two points dropped and two more points that we fall behind Cardiff. Returning to the Premier League is all that matters - Burnley is just a sideshow.

Thats fine I have no problems with that, but you must remember we have many fans who read the site who can't get to the derby or have never been to the derby and like to hear about the support. With the divisions in the support over the past 12 months its never been more important to point out the fan base was united yesterday and you all did your club proud.

I don't agree with some of the songs, but that shouldn't detract from the tremendous support we all gave the lads yesterday :tu:

I think there were a few single seats here and there.

On the game, thought we were a little unlucky but if you don't take your chance when on top you don't win games. First half you weren't even in the game, second half was much more even.

Overall it was the poorest derby atmosphere I can remember. First half you were awfully quiet and we were only marginally better. After half time I think most of our fans must have thought they were still on the concourse because we made little noise whilst you did improve - pretty much mirroring the teams. The only real noise though was for the 2 goals. Fierce derby? Not yesterday I'm afraid.

Not gloating or owt & didn`t go to the game, but watched a few pre-game snippets on SSN where reporter said game was 'nearly sold out'. Can anybody enlighten? Did the 'mighty' & 'massive' Bumley fail to sell out against their most hated & bitterest rivals? :huh:

I was in the Barney Rubble Stand (McIlroy). The Burnley seats were completely sold out.

I have just read elsewhere that Shebby Singh came on the pitch after the game - please tell me this didnt happen?

Yes, that bloke is a first class Kean and needs to be outed asap.....along with Aggers, Degsey and Colin "let me spend YOUR money" Hendry.

I was in the Barney Rubble Stand (McIlroy). The Burnley seats were completely sold out.

Yes, that bloke is a first class Kean and needs to be outed asap.....along with Aggers, Degsey and Colin "let me spend YOUR money" Hendry.

Dear Mr Shaw, whilst you were saving a massive £2500 on resourcing different chairs, you paid another weeks salary to Shebby Singh. Square that circle if you can.

Fact of the matter is that we're doing worse under Berg this season than we have under Kean or Black.

That's the black n' white of it.

But notyhing is black and white - under both Kean and Black we were lucky to pick up the points we did. Under Berg the performances (on the whole) have been 100% better - but the points return hasn't always matched the performances.

I find it interesting - according to some our squad is terrible and totally un-fit - and yet if we had appointed a different manager it would suddenly have been a lot better !

The problems we have were never going to be fixed over night - personally I do think we have some of the best players in the division - but we do have to give Berg more time (incl a transfer window) to address the issues in the squad we are all aware of. I just hope we are still in contention by then.

To be fair to Shebby he, like the playing squad and staff, was paying tribute to the fans, IMO not looking for adulation and on the whole I don't think he got it.

Forget whats happened in the boardroom for the past two years as that shouldn't, but I know it does idirectly, impact the playing side and concentrate on what has happened among the coaching and playing staff.

It doesn't matter what quality of players we have as they have been poorly prepared/coached for two years and there wil be no overnight fix, even if you brought in a top coaching team it would take time. I believe we saw some immediate improvement, that impact of a new manager that people talk about, but whilst not sinking to the absolute depths of before a lot of the squad have reverted to what they have done for two years.

It needs time, it needs our support, otherwise who knows where the club will end up. There is no instant fix, only time and hard work will fix the team on the pitch.

What goes on in the boardroom is forgotten about by most very quickly when the team is winning yet highlighted when losing. I'm not making excuses or condoning what has gone on off the pitch, I just want to concentrate on the team and all the political type of goings on over the past 18 months have become tiresome. It is how it is, we can effectively do nothing but hope they learn their lesson and make a sucess of sorts out of their ownership, it will be to their own detriment, as well as ours, if they don't.

If the worst happens we will get our football club back, whatever level that may be at it will always be Blackburn Rovers, they will not recover the lost money. So ask yourself again, what do you think they want to happen?

As poor as we were first half yesterday, the poor run of form we are in, they still couldn't beat us.

I have just read elsewhere that Shebby Singh came on the pitch after the game - please tell me this didnt happen?

He was walking to the tunnel and presumably on to the dressing room. He didn't court the fans. Quite the opposite actually as quite a lot of fans chanted his name. He then gestured in appreciation to the fans. I really hope there isn't a big deal made of this and people use it for another stick to beat Shebby with.

He was walking to the tunnel and presumably on to the dressing room. He didn't court the fans. Quite the opposite actually as quite a lot of fans chanted his name. He then gestured in appreciation to the fans. I really hope there isn't a big deal made of this and people use it for another stick to beat Shebby with.

Thanks for the heads up. Personally not sure why he is anywhere near my club, but on this occasion I am glad that he was simply acknowledging the fans. I read it differently earlier.

Who the hell would chant the idiots name???????????????????????????????????

Quite a few rhythmically chanting Shebby, Shebby. Until this he looked content just to disappear up the tunnel. The vast majority of fans don't get involved in the side issues (or read messageboards) and just want to support the club. They see him as the man who got rid of Kean.

Some wonderfully high marks for a team thats just got a draw against a team with no world beaters in are you sure.

My thoughts exactly. Only listened on the radio so I stand to be shot down but knocking 2/3 off the lot of em might be more realistic.

Totally disagree with that Rev. The main positive about today is that at least Berg has realised that the best place for the show pony that is Rochina is on the bench. I agree Pedersen wasn't at his best but this season he has been one of our better performers along with Nuno Gomes. Results have certainly not improved since both were left out.

I fear Simon has developed tunnel vision Parson. He's turned into Pederson's mboard stalker. The likes of Dunny, Murphy, Ribeiro, Goodwillie and a whole host of Carlos Kickaballs must be playing for free in Simons eyes. :rolleyes:

Got battered in the first half and things looked to continue until we brought on King who really scared them. It was a lift for the whole team as a few raised their game and for much of the second half we looked by far the more dangerous. Pedersen until then had had a poor game, set pieces included. He was also skinned several times and actually did look like the old man he was unfairly at the start of the season. Hopefully it was an off day. It's like we don't quite believe in ourselves in an attacking sense at times. Don't want to really want to run at the opposition and make a nonsense of ourselves.

Overall though, delighted to have avoided defeat. Pleased with King's contribution and happy Robinson still has it in him. Dann also looks domineering and can really put in a well timed firm challenge. I'd say they were the main things I took away from the game on the positive side of things (though it all seems a haze now, even though I didn't even drink what with the queues). On the downside (individually speaking) Vukcevic looked to me (again) like the bad bits of Formica (not much pace) and Rochina (dallies on the ball, though does have some neat touches). Pedersen I've mentioned above. CKR had a good game in places and I do really rate him at this level but his flamboyance towards the end was part of the reason we didn't see out the victory. At times where we should have been retaining possession he'd started moving into mickey taking mode. Had a good chance to hold the ball in the corner but tried a flick instead which led to Burnley getting the ball up the other end.

I think Burnley will really have believed they were going to win it this time, such was the (somewhat warranted) pessimism from the Rovers fans in the build up to the game. I know I was playing our chances down massively to all the Burnley fans and they were started to get rather confident. After the first half I think they'll have thought this was the thing many of them have yet to even witness. Delighted it wasn't.

Derbies aren't like other matches so this result could have come whilst we were bottom of the league or top of the league. Happy its out the way and the run continues,

My marks would be:

Robinson 8 - kept us in the game with two excellent saves; one in particular was top drawer.

Henley 7 - This lad is going to be a top, top player and its easy to forget how young he is.

Dann 8 - one of his best games in a Rovers shirt, defended well, kept Austin quiet. I knocked a mark off for some sloppy passing first half.

Hanley 6 - steady. Gave the ball straight to them a few times but defended well enough.

Olsson 6 - thought he flattered to deceive but put a shift in at least.

Formica 7 - worked tirelessly and linked very well with Henley second half. Great cross for the goal.

Murphy 6 - thought the early booking took the wind out of his sails. Showed good experience at times in second half winning free kicks.

Lowe 6 - as usual, full of running. Thought the game passed him by at times though.

Pederson 4 - poor delivery from set plays and allowed Burnley players to waltz past him at will. Think his days are numbered to be honest.

Richards 6 - Blows very hot and cold and got caught in possession too often for my liking. Linked well with King second half though.

Rhodes 7 - he scores when he wants. But is crying out for support.

Subs:

King 8 - quite literally a game changing decision to bring him on. Ran at the Burnley defence with pace and trickery from the moment he was introduced.

Vuckevic - probably not on for long enough to give him any marks. But he was on long enough to give away a needless free kick, from which they scored.

All in all, as most have said, a draw was a fair result

Football isn't about players, it's about tactics......these days anyway.....old-school, motivating managers aren't as successful anymore....you have to be tactically astute, not a Martin O Neill.

Can't believe anyone thinks that Salgado. So we won the PL because of Dalglish's tactical genius - and nowt to do with Shearer? Bunkum.

Most commented that Formica played better against P'boro than usual......you didn't believe that Den and said something like why would he look better as he's the same player.....improved fitness, confidence, motivation, game-plan and options for him to pass to are some of the reasons why he had looked better against them and B'ham.

All I ever read from you is "where did such a body play", "how did such a body play". I base my opinions on watching the games, while you seem to base your opinions on which poster you want to believe. As for Formica, yes mate, he's the same player as he was last season, but playing against lesser teams. and NO, I don't think he's good enough.

Can't believe anyone thinks that Salgado.

I spoke to you at the game yesterday Den, the chap looked bemused, then I realised some hours later that it wasn't you at all, oh bunkum!

Has Charlie Austin been found yet?

If Robo wasn't on top form he'd have bagged that header yesterday.

What I liked yesterday was that about 10 mins in to the second half Pedersen wasted another opportunity to cross the ball, I looked over to the bench and saw Berg spinning round telling Black to get King ready and get him on.

Formica was knackered and seemed to have pulled a muscle so had to come off. I personally thought Dunn could have come on then and maybe push Lowe to the right, but I think nobody could aergue with Simon getting chance given the quality we have seen glimpses of, but he had a couple of poor moments when he did come on.

I think the team that started, except for maybe Givet, was pretty much what most people would have been asking for after Wednesday. I say maybe Givet but I thought the defence were solid yesterday, the midfield again being the weekest link for me. It didn't help that Murphy got booked when Burnley had comitted three more bookable offences without a card being shown.

I thought Mason was pathetic yesterday, not booking people for clear bookable offences, delaying his decisions and seemingly changing his mind which way the decision was going a couple of times. Even the free kick which they scored from, the still had the ball and where attacking in to space with people in the box, I'm sure if they hadn't scored from it Dyche would not have been happy that play had not been allowed to carry on and cause us some problems.

As I posted earlier, it's going to take time, maybe a win against Cardiff on Friday will give us a chance to make up the ground in the second half of the season, a defeat and it's play offs at best I fear, but I do like the idea of winning at Wembley!

Archived