BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why aren't Vukcevic or Givet good enough for this team?

Amo

• Moderation Lead

I wish I could. Grant Hanley and Scott Dann reverted to type tonight. Markus Olsson is a crock of sh1t as well.

Only about 3 players in that starting XI give a sh1t about BRFC.

• Backroom

They are good enough. They've just fallen out with Singh, I would assume. Probably by telling a few home truths. If I was Givet I wouldn't want to play next to a whale like Hanley or the gormless Scott Dann either.

Vukcevic made a silly FK Against Burnley ending up with a goal

Disagree ! two competent centre halfs should be dealing with those types of crosses. Yet, time and time again, they fail to deal with them just like tonights first goal.

And Berg laments that Cardiff had more experience.

It's enough to make a grown man weep.

Looks like Bergs sold his soul and is shabby Singhs yes man... Looking round Ewood last night I couldn't believe how far + screwwe up the club as Become in such a short space of time

And Berg laments that Cardiff had more experience.

It's enough to make a grown man weep.

Looks like Bergs sold his soul and is shabby Singhs yes man... Looking round Ewood last night I couldn't believe how far + screwwe up the club as Become in such a short space of time

Someone explain the logic to me.

In short there is no logic. Givet is better than Hanley, who isn't even related to a footballer. Vukcevic is better than Marcus Olsson, of that I have no doubt. I think that there are decisions being made behind the scenes which are preventing these two experienced, international players from playing.

I've just tweeted Andy Cryer to ask Berg why these players aren't playing. I'm not holding my breath.

• Moderation Lead

In short there is no logic. Givet is better than Hanley, who isn't even related to a footballer. Vukcevic is better than Marcus Olsson, of that I have no doubt. I think that there are decisions being made behind the scenes which are preventing these two experienced, international players from playing.

I've just tweeted Andy Cryer to ask Berg why these players aren't playing. I'm not holding my breath.

I did the same, he seems awfully quiet (not just to my tweet either).......

To be fair, both of them have a history of off-field problems. Sure, with our current higher management anything is possible, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they've ruled themselves out of playing without any involvement from above. A huge shame either way, since both (especially Gael) would improve our side a lot.

Me neither, but Olsson was, at least before we got King in on loan, our only midfielder with anything even remembling pace while Vukcevic holds up the ball and slows play down. I'm guessing it was a tactical decision of choosing one particular ability before overall talent.

the truth and nothing but.

eventhough berg might answer the question, it will consist of the usual managerial cliches.

If Berg is keeping them out of the team on Shebby's orders then then he's complicit and goes in the same pot as Hendry/Shaw/Agnew/Sheb/Venky's/Kean. We'll find out pretty soon because there is no reason for either not to be playing now, particularly Gael...

If Hanley isn't dropped for the next game, we need to seriously question Berg's decision making. He was so, so poor against Cardiff. And Dann still can't EVER get off the ground to challenge for a header.

I agree completely about Hanley. He still looks overweight to me which clearly slows him down even more as he has always been pretty slow. I just don't see how he can be a professional footballer, let alone an international. For me that sums up football and the current standard. Dann isn't much better. And from what I hear about Henrique he can be put in the same category as those two. We need two more decent centre halves in January and look to ship at least one of Dann or Hanley out.

Archived