BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why aren't Vukcevic or Givet good enough for this team?

Amo

What possible reason does shabby have for not playing givet?

Surely it's just about discipline? You can't kean on your teammates and expect to walk straight back into the team

Best defender at the club, we can't defend to save our lives, all bets should be off, get him in the bleedin team.

Even if Givet comes back into the team, we still need to sign 3-4 more key players to become a good side again. We miss someone like Nelsen or Samba to lead the defence but even they would be constantly fire fighting from the lack of cover and direction from the midfield.

I agree completely about Hanley. He still looks overweight to me which clearly slows him down even more as he has always been pretty slow. I just don't see how he can be a professional footballer, let alone an international. For me that sums up football and the current standard. Dann isn't much better. And from what I hear about Henrique he can be put in the same category as those two. We need two more decent centre halves in January and look to ship at least one of Dann or Hanley out.

My biggest problem with the centre backs is this, neither can dominate in the air (they did at Burnley till Vokes came on) most Centre backs in the football league are big fellas, hard and tough and balls in the air are like giving pigs cherries, surprised about this as when Berg and Short were here, they won just about everything in the air, having said that, they knew big Brad would claim anything up to the Penalty spot and Robbo doesnt do that I'm afraid!!

Vukcevic, yes I'd like to see him play more but we don't even know how good he is in English football

I've seen him play a few times in English football for the Rovers and I can tell you he is strong, talented, creative and one of the best players at the club.

Best defender at the club, we can't defend to save our lives, all bets should be off, get him in the bleedin team.

Gav, your comments are aimed at a properly owned and run English football club.

Unfortunately the Indian clowns are in lunatic control here.

Gav, your comments are aimed at a properly owned and run English football club.

Unfortunately the Indian clowns are in lunatic control here.

I'm still clinging to the notion that Henning has the final say, and Givet isn't being played because he's not showing form on the training ground.

I don't believe for one minute it's anything to do with appearance money......

I agree completely about Hanley. He still looks overweight to me which clearly slows him down even more as he has always been pretty slow. I just don't see how he can be a professional footballer, let alone an international. For me that sums up football and the current standard. Dann isn't much better. And from what I hear about Henrique he can be put in the same category as those two. We need two more decent centre halves in January and look to ship at least one of Dann or Hanley out.

Interesting that Goodwillie Tweeted a pic of him and his mate Grant out on the town today. As you'd expect, Hanley looked half cut and gormless.

Hope it wasn't a picture from Friday or Saturday night after that dog sh!t of a performance that he and the rest of our spinless comrades served up!

Even if Givet comes back into the team, we still need to sign 3-4 more key players to become a good side again. We miss someone like Nelsen or Samba to lead the defence but even they would be constantly fire fighting from the lack of cover and direction from the midfield.

Totally agreed. Nelsen scored the equaliser with a typical thumping header for QPR over the weekend. Proves that he still can cut it in the Premier League. Wish we have his experience in the team now. :(

I think the most important signing for us would be a sports psychologist!

Your not telling me that Cardiff or even Southampton & Norwich have, player for player, a squad that is massively superior to ours?

I honestly think everybody at Ewood has had a massive loss of confidence. The hope was that Berg could turn this around but while we keep losing it's not happening.

We already have enough players - they need to believe in themselves and earn the right to win games.

The technical ability of our players is good enough to get us out if this division without doubt. It's between the ears where we are lacking.

Kean signed dross and got rid of players with presence in the dressing room ....

Nail on head, bought similar players or poor quality, we are seeing the fruits of his forays into the transfer market now.

I'm still clinging to the notion that Henning has the final say, and Givet isn't being played because he's not showing form on the training ground.

I don't believe for one minute it's anything to do with appearance money......

agreed.

i think it was a punishment for walking out on the team.

But i dont believe henning is the type of character to bear grudges.

givet will get his chance again

If they would rule themselves out of playing, why is both on the bench all the time....waste of space then....no there's something else fishy going on...

I say play Givet, Dunn, Vukcevic and Gomes against Blackpool and we will win.

Gomes self-reported that he's injured, so no conspiracy there.

Dunn is broken. If we start him, be prepared to sub him at the half. Perhaps as a last 20 minute impact player?

I agree with you about Vukcevik and Givet. But I have to believe there are legitimate footballing reasons they haven't started yet. And Berg does have them on the bench, which is a step in the right direction.

Gomes self-reported that he's injured, so no conspiracy there.

Dunn is broken. If we start him, be prepared to sub him at the half. Perhaps as a last 20 minute impact player?

I agree with you about Vukcevik and Givet. But I have to believe there are legitimate footballing reasons they haven't started yet. And Berg does have them on the bench, which is a step in the right direction.

I think its simple, there not performing well enough in training to deserve a starting place.

• Backroom

Givet has been mentally unstable for a while now.

Is there any actual evidence of this? I see it said a lot but can't remember seeing any article or quote from anybody relevant backing it up. I know he's had fallings out with a few people, but considering the state of the club that's not really a surprise. I imagine Roy Keane had a few bust ups with team mates and staff in his time and he still found his way into the team every week.

Givet is one of the few that seems to have heart and guts, he's the type of player we need in the team. If his heart condition is the issue then fair enough, nothing can be done about that, but I'm very scpetical over the supposed mental issue unless there is proof to back it up which I've missed.

Perhaps given his heart issues he's now reluctant to give his all and put his body on the line? I struggle to believe his hearts an issue as if it is he's being placed in mortal danger by the club or himself and that doesn't add up. I can however believe that his heart being an issue at the time has made him hesitant perhaps in his decisions on the pitch as he thinks it may happen again? Having your heart race at 100whatever beats per min, can't be a good thing and it's not designed(?) to cope with that. No player wants to have a heart attack on the pitch you never know the outcome. Perhaps that's the real issue? He's now reluctant to put himself on the line as he used too? Even if he is stick him at left back and move Olsson where he should be LW.

No point having a settled back four that can't keep a clean sheet. But we are very limited defensively in terms of players and numbers.

If they are poor trainers then as we stand at present who cares? Provided they are capable of playing. I know one lad who is one of the worst trainers I know and yet play him in a match and he's different class. Yes they need to be fit enough etc etc, but bad trainers can be great match players. I've seen enough of Vuckevic to know he'd rip this league a new one, he's the lynch-pin of his national team and has done very well previously. And yet he can't even get in the worst Rovers midfield I've can remember. Just play him Berg.

To be fair to Givet, having heart problems can be a bit risky and I believe Givet was a bit scared after the Muamba heart scare. I do think we need to buy a new centre back in the transfer window and not rely on Givet. What about Nuno Henrique? I mean he should be ready for championship football?

I think both Vukcevic and Givet will start against Blackpool. He can't leave them out.

Archived