BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Agnew Comment post- Blackpool Game

I’m not going to comment on what Agnew may or may not have said as there is a lot of BS in regards to Rovers floating around.

But I will say this, we were told at the beginning of the season by Shebby that it was ‘promotion or bust’ and that failure to get promoted wasn't an option. This was backed up by the LT that said Rovers would face huge financial problems if Rovers couldn’t get back up at the first time of asking.

However Last week at the BBC Radio Lancs organised Q&A session Shebby pretty much claimed that the books were in a decent state and that Rovers could survive another season financially in the Championship.

So we have two financial outlooks here, so which one to believe? I’m more likely to go with the one stated at the beginning of the season. Rovers have spent a huge amount of money by Championship standards not only in terms of transfer fees but also wages. If Rovers do not get promoted then surely we will have to reduce the wage bill? The problem with trying to do this is that a lot of the dross in the squad are our highest earners and we will find it very difficult to move them on.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe he was trying to appeal to them for sponsership or to try and fill up the exec boxes or something. I would think they probably budgeted for 15/16k ave crowds plus a bit more corporate stuff than there has been. It won't be long before they're trying to blame the non attenders for our slide toward admin :(

Match Day revenue will currently only cover Jordan Rhodes, Diogo Rosado and Nuno Gome's wages this season and even at last season's income levels would cover about a 7th of the total wage bill we have. The additions to the wage bill are more of a problem than the deficiency in revenues caused by absent supporters.

Venkys only care about the Premier League TV money and big transfers fees as they are in the 10s of millions hence why they don't care as much about fan numbers and sponsorship revenue.

Venkys only care about the Premier League TV money and big transfers fees as they are in the 10s of millions hence why they don't care as much about fan numbers and sponsorship revenue.

If that is the case, Venkys had better spring for a quality tackling and passing midfielder come January. No up and coming kids and no 32+ year olds looking for a last paycheck. We need a quality, vicious player there. Without that gaping midfield hole being covered in our line up, I fear for our season.

IF the statement attributed to him is true then nice to see him show a bit of concern for the club which was distinctly lacking when his golden ticket was running the show, or could it just be concern for how this will affect him, his position and that of his business, know which one I'd bet on.

Doesn't seem to be the tried and tested way of working though, if any foundation would have expected this story to appear in the Mirror blaming Shebby for it from a "source within the club".

Come on Aggers get Mr Shelvey working on more savings on office furniture or get him to beg Beckham to buy the club, you can do it.

I think even the most sheltered fan could figure out administration is not far off. I would have thought sooner than next season. But as some say they will want to gobble up the parachute payments first.

but even the parachute payments may not be sufficient to keep the club afloat

but even the parachute payments may not be sufficient to keep the club afloat

Let's take Leon Best for example. Signed for 4 million if memory serves me right, 30k a week was it ? Just a 4 year contract they decided to give him. That's 10 million over 4 years. One player. Total parachute payments over 4 years? £48 million.

What other jaw dropping relevations will be revealed next by Aggers? Singh is out of control? It'll go dark tonight?

Could be the best thing for the club if it means getting rid of those confused idiots in Pune, Agnew and Singh.

Agnew must sit at home every night and have a little chuckle to himself about a couple of rich kids from India that fell into his lap after years in the wilderness at Ewood. He brings nothing to the table, has alienated a good number of the support and gets very well paid in the bargain.....

What a Kean!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Blue and White Army" data-cid="1349840" data-time="1355817223"><p>

Do you actually believe that? :blink:</p></blockquote>

Yes. I believe it may suggest we have a second chance.

I didn't say we would go up though.

It doesn't take a genius to read the accounts and make the same conclusion (administration)

The fact that Agnew sits there picking up his salary from the owners whilst they destroy the club he supposedly supports is the worst thing. He has been one of the worst characters in all this.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="OJRovers" data-cid="1349846" data-time="1355817796"><p>

It doesn't take a genius to read the accounts and make the same conclusion (administration)<br />

<br />

The fact that Agnew sits there picking up his salary from the owners whilst they destroy the club he supposedly supports is the worst thing. He has been one of the worst characters in all this.</p></blockquote>

Spot on and we won't forget it either.

There are faster ways of doing it, surely?

What I don't understand about this theory is that it reflects terribly on their brand so why would they want to do it?

The only plausible explanation would be that they are skint. I guess there's nothing in the public domain to prove definitively one way or the other. So we are back to the lack of trust.

Yet, according to Singh, it's down to the fans to tell the owners what to do to make us trust them.

How about start by make one good, transparent decision, Shebby?!

Because on the face of it, Ali Syed (sp?) did more good for the town of Blackburn than Venkys. How keaned up is that??

What I don't understand about this theory is that it reflects terribly on their brand so why would they want to do it?

Exactly, that is why they wouldn't let us go into administration. We are different to Pompey et al because are owners do have money (they are a major business) whereas Pompeys owners were conmen - they never had any money.

If Venky's pulled out of Rovers and no buyer was found (akin to the Walker's Trust situation before they sold to Venky's) then of course we would be in administration. However, this is the same situation as a lot of clubs. Man City and Chelsea are the 2 most high profile clubs who would be in administartion if there owners pulled out. How many clubs made a loss last year?! My guess would be most of them.

I don't think Venkys are deliberately trying to ruin us, but I do think they would rather ruin us doing it their way than see us thrive doing it someone else's way. How else can the removal of Williams, Finn and Allardyce be explained?

I also think its optimistic to expect them to prop us up against the threat of administration, given their total lack of investment on the transfer front up until now. All signs point to them being unwilling to shell out money on the club. Are we still owned by Venkys London as opposed to just Venkys? Cause if so then that would seem to give them a get out option, as they could just fold that company and Rovers with it.

Could they avoid administration by selling everything they could find a buyer for and run us as a shell club in league 1 or 2?

Who knows, maybe they'd be willing to seel Ewood and lease it back?

Get the Jack Walker statue melted down?

Anything's possible with these careless idiotic unheeding moronic clumsy half-wits.

at this moment in time the club can never move forward whilst Venkys are still here or are they looking for an exit but in making that exit taking as much as they can get there paws on thats why they won't + wouldn't sell the club

I think the point is, we need promotion back to the Premiership - where we belong.

We've been a Premiership club for all but 3 seasons in the entire history of the competition and it's where we should be.

It's still very much possible as there are a lot of games still to be played. Reading are a great example from last season.

If we can't do it with Berg, then let's replace him with a manager who knows how to get a team out of this division.

Archived