BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

I just heard it too.

We have appointed new manager with Premier League experience.

Announcement after tomorrow's game.

I'm certain it will be Coyle.

Anyone else hear Phil Brown on 5 live today?

He bigged up Blackburn as a club - said its a great job for any manager and his CV had definitely been put in.

Now he's the type IMO who would come and put up / fit in with the circus.

I want a manager who will kick ass / take no Kean appoint his own staff & live or die by his OWN decisions. Ideally see off Shebby to loonland.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sack the current manager whilst we are still within touching distance of relegation and the play-offs, yet have no-one already in mind, let alone lined up??

Just look at Nottingham Forest. I don't agree that they should have sacked O'Driscoll but at least they had a plan. We probably won't have a permanent manager by the time we play Forest!

Anyone else hear Phil Brown on 5 live today?
He bigged up Blackburn as a club - said its a great job for any manager and his CV had definitely been put in.
Now he's the type IMO who would come and put up / fit in with the circus.
I want a manager who will kick ass / take no Kean appoint his own staff & live or die by his OWN decisions. Ideally see off Shebby to loonland.

I want to say "please no" to Phil Brown - I work with a nobender who will absolutely cock his sides if we end up with Brown...

Yet when you look at some of the other options, he actually looks a good idea.

Grim.

The manager hunt is on.

(Well not so much a hunt. More like a slow walk whilst making casual enquiries)

So Shebby will be trying really hard again then MG? Meantime transfer policy will be dictated by whom exactly?

Question for you MG, when do you think Venkys will pull the plug and put us into administration? Go on just a rough guess will do.

The manager hunt is on.

Is this meant to be funny or light hearted? Sorry for not laughing but the events of the last two years have given me a sense of humour bypass and I doubt many more fans are in the mood for jokes, either.

It just goes to show the lengths people will go to in order to make things look even worse at Ewood.

The dingles must be having an absolute field day. Although I'm surprised twitter has reached the land that time forgot!

The person behind @BRLFC is not a Rovers (or Burnley) fan, but someone with an axe to grind and has caused problems for the Rovers Ladies management over the last 12 months.

Rovers Ladies officials have had to apologise at FA meetings for some of the things this person has been saying. Anything on @BRLFC twitter site can be taken with a pinch of salt.

So Shebby will be trying really hard again then MG? Meantime transfer policy will be dictated by whom exactly?

Question for you MG, when do you think Venkys will pull the plug and put us into administration? Go on just a rough guess will do.

If i was to hazard a guess i'd say this January transfer window might be quite revealing on that e.g robinson/formica/nuno etc sold off for money and whoever can be off loaded and then yes...end of feb might tempt them!! But then those parachute payments hmmm tricky one to call.......might be stuck with them for a bit yet...

• Backroom
The manager hunt is on.

I'm surprised Balaji didn't ask Ronaldinho to come and take over today

I expect MacDonald to be confirmed tomorrow - but only as head coach. The LT are running with the story in the morning.

Don't think he'll be permanent manager though. That leaves room for a manager and an assistant manager to be appointed. Also don't think Ali will be on the coaching team now - the backlash has been too big.

The person behind @BRLFC is not a Rovers (or Burnley) fan, but someone with an axe to grind and has caused problems for the Rovers Ladies management over the last 12 months.

Rovers Ladies officials have had to apologise at FA meetings for some of the things this person has been saying. Anything on @BRLFC twitter site can be taken with a pinch of salt.

Can't they be shut down for masquerading as an official entity?

Can't they be shut down for masquerading as an official entity?

No. as @BRLFC started on twitter 2 days before @roversladies page. @BRLFC calls it an unofficial page. Very few take it seriously, the players and officials treat it with the ridicule it deserves. Other clubs are a different matter.

Are we Portsmouth in disguise? I sincerely hope not.

Not much of a disguise is it? Still waiting for that statement from Pune that Shebby promised us aren't we? You know the one, the little matter of our long term future as a football club.

Then again he's had a hell of a week, what with picking the team, sacking the manager and three coaches via Sky Sports, showing Malaysian visitors around, spending all one morning on the phone to Balaji and launching the search for a new manager you can sort of forgive the raving egotistical lunatic.

Bob you've convinced me, the hardest working man in footy deserves a break and when we beat Barnsley 5-0, we should all be grateful.

I wonder who'll be doing the team talk tomorrow? Maybe it'll be on live for the players on Sky Sports or Radio Lancs?

Archived