BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Twohat singh said on ssn it's a load of old bo****cks.So my question is who do you belive?

Balaji- no question.

Shebby has lied plenty of times but apparently Bala told this reporter about berg before the announcement so why would he tell him this info- recorded on tape for it to backfire 24 hours later? Does not make sense- wait and see I suppose.

To sell requires a buyer.

And by sell I mean someone who is prepared to pay a realistic asking price not merelysome group or organisation who expect you to give the Club away.

BUT were not worth anything - it's just a money pit in their hands - can't they see that!!!! Just giving the club to the community will save them £10 - 12 million a year.

• Backroom

I would suspect it's more like Agnew and Shaw are getting the knife stuck into them, but either way I find it more likely Balaji lied to the journalist than Shebby. Wouldn't be the first time, would it?

Probably Hughes coming back to Rovers.

would be a great move by the club to get him back but i doubt it. i still hate him for leaving when he did cos he was the right manager for us then.

if MacDonald is appoint as coach tomorrow then it will someone like Sean O'Driscoll.

would like to see the outcome of Shaw/Agnew meeting with the owners. hopefully they will realise we need an experience manager in like Hughes, Davies or even Eriksson.

How low have we sunk as a club that we are discussing who is bullsh**ting to us more, Barry White or Groucho Marx

ironic comparison. it was Groucho who said " I would never join a club that would have me as a member " Probably applies to most managers we are courting.

IF coaches are being appointed before a manager, I would really love to hear the rationale behind it (or would I) - what a madhouse.

After a short interlude where we appointed a manager - which they never originally intended, or truly believed in - we're about to return to the model by which they bought the club. Their intentions were never about taking over an English PL club, running it properly in order to get the Venky's name around the world based on the club's success on the field. They only ever saw the club as a way of pushing the name Venky's as cheaply as they possibly could. The idea given to them that they could get us into Europe via £5m/window and a few kids and loanees just added the icing.

We're going back to the club/agents supplying players to a coach who can make 'em into superstars and thus make Venky's more cash.

Can we not get a detailed answer from the owners rep (ie Singh)? He's been doing question/answer sessions in public and he has met numerous fan groups? Come on, surely we can hear an (updated) answer from the horses mouth - why are they are not making logical decisions when it comes to the management of the football team. Time and time again they are making decisions which are likely to be unsucessful.

I thought communication has improved, so why can't we ask him and push for an answer??

Did Shebby Singh confirm with Balaji Rao before running his mouth off on tv? Asians are well aware of how he goes about in his interviews!

Retweeted by Northern Rover
Expand

Am hearing from tweets to me that Shebby Singh has come on skysports and said its made up. Well I can't help it if he isn't in the loop!

Retweeted by Northern Rover
Expand

Kamy's just retweeted the above 2 tweets from the author of the goal.com article. Knowing who to believe in all this is impossible when we're dealing with compulsive liars!

Not sure if anyone bothered to look in the Shebby Singh thread but the transcript of the SSN interview is there. Singh states that the supposed announcement tomorrow is mischief making, and that he had been on the phone to Balaji all morning.

So who is making things up? Singh (in person) or Kamy's (nameless) source? It's a tough one but, for all his faults, at least with Singh, it's coming from the horse's mouth and not some faceless whisperer.

Anyway, here is the transcript re-posted here.

Alan Myers: "Well Shebby, we've heard a lot of rumours today. First of all let's put the Judan Ali rumour around, he's not joined as a coach?"

Shebby Singh: "No, no, he's a guest of the club, you know, and he's... no there's been no appointment, no signings, no, none at all. I mean that's rumour and speculation, you know, and at the end of the day, what can I say but, please, I'm saying this now, no it's not true."

AM: "And there was talk that you were going to take training this morning... he was going to take training"

SS: (Laughs): "No, no, no, I mean, we've got capable people, you know, we've... this club... no, it's, it's well run, we've got proper people. Gary Bowyer has been reserve team and Under-21 manager, for two years. He's been at the club for 8 years, you know, er... Terry McPhilips, you know, Tony Grant, I mean, Steve Drench (sp?), you know, great guys. You know, they've been working so hard behind the scenes, you know. People don't realise all the hard work that they put in so, you know, I mean, nothing of that sort, it's been business as usual."

AM: "Now this speculation from India now that we hear just recently, or just lately, in the last few minutes that Balaji Rao has said that the new manager, or new coach has been decided and that he will be announced tomorrow evening, are you saying that's not true either?"

SS: "Well, I can safely say that that is not true because I was on the phone with him. We've been on the phone, you know, all morning and no it's not true. Somebody has just decided to be mischievous about it. So no, it's not true."

Nixon is saying Kevin MacDonald is being appoint tomorrow after game as manager.

How the hell is he "experienced Premier League" As a coach yes but as a manager. What does it take for these stubborn fools to get it into their heads. Mercerman, send em your running tally of the experienced coaches we COULD have had. It's time to stop playing games with Blackburn, it's team and it's fans. Get serious or get the @#/? out.

Not sure if anyone bothered to look in the Shebby Singh thread but the transcript of the SSN interview is there. Singh states that the supposed announcement tomorrow is mischief making, and that he had been on the phone to Balaji all morning.

So who is making things up? Singh (in person) or Kamy's (nameless) source? It's a tough one but, for all his faults, at least with Singh, it's coming from the horse's mouth and not some faceless whisperer.

Anyway, here is the transcript re-posted here.

Alan Myers: "Well Shebby, we've heard a lot of rumours today. First of all let's put the Judan Ali rumour around, he's not joined as a coach?"

Shebby Singh: "No, no, he's a guest of the club, you know, and he's... no there's been no appointment, no signings, no, none at all. I mean that's rumour and speculation, you know, and at the end of the day, what can I say but, please, I'm saying this now, no it's not true."

AM: "And there was talk that you were going to take training this morning... he was going to take training"

SS: (Laughs): "No, no, no, I mean, we've got capable people, you know, we've... this club... no, it's, it's well run, we've got proper people. Gary Bowyer has been reserve team and Under-21 manager, for two years. He's been at the club for 8 years, you know, er... Terry McPhilips, you know, Tony Grant, I mean, Steve Drench (sp?), you know, great guys. You know, they've been working so hard behind the scenes, you know. People don't realise all the hard work that they put in so, you know, I mean, nothing of that sort, it's been business as usual."

AM: "Now this speculation from India now that we hear just recently, or just lately, in the last few minutes that Balaji Rao has said that the new manager, or new coach has been decided and that he will be announced tomorrow evening, are you saying that's not true either?"

SS: "Well, I can safely say that that is not true because I was on the phone with him. We've been on the phone, you know, all morning and no it's not true. Somebody has just decided to be mischievous about it. So no, it's not true."

So if Nixons words are true then Shebby is caught in another LIE.

Just scrolled through 10 pages, made meself late for work and found maybe half a dozen posts regarding a new manager. Can we add a new thread, maybe titled Spleen venting.

Nixon is saying Kevin MacDonald is being appoint tomorrow after game as manager.

Nixon has been wide of the mark for a while now with all things concerning our club, but I have a feeling this could be right.

If it proves to be correct then it's another mistake made by these idiots, he's a respected coach not a manger, will they ever learn.....

If Macdonald is appointed the fans should unite and boycott all games and try somehow to put pressure in Venkys to relinquish control ASAP. I'd rather go into administration than have these keaning idiots running the club.

But let's wait and see.

Archived