BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Shebby will be trying really hard again then MG? Meantime transfer policy will be dictated by whom exactly?

Question for you MG, when do you think Venkys will pull the plug and put us into administration? Go on just a rough guess will do.

They're certainly feeling it on the purse strings. But not to the point where they're not willing to put in more cash. And certainly not to the point where they're considering walking away.

I'm surprised Balaji didn't ask Ronaldinho to come and take over today

Was quite funny when the press asked Ronaldinho about the chances of him joining Rovers today at the press conference. He was a bit tongue twisted and I think his translator finessed his reply a bit. :D

• Backroom
They're certainly feeling it on the purse strings. But not to the point where they're not willing to put in more cash. And certainly not to the point where they're considering walking away.

Was quite funny when the press asked Ronaldinho about the chances of him joining Rovers today at the press conference. He was a bit tongue twisted and I think his translator finessed his reply a bit. :D

No doubt the owners would still like that to happen!

MG, me old pal, why then don't they put people in place who can actually make a difference and bring them success? Maximise the chances of succeeding by employing successful people / management?!? Is that really so hard for them to understand? 'Cause as it stands they are p!ssing their money and any semblance of credibility in this country right up the wall.

Tell Bala that he is wasting his time - start at the top and work down. Empower proper people who care about BRFC, they do actually exist if you care to look for them. Anything else is a sham.

Who am I and you kidding? They don't give a flying Kean do they?

Mg so basically were stuck with these fools who are just taking the P*** out of the fans big time , can see gates hitting an all time low in the not too distant future

Tony Parkes spot on - http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10131019._Venky_s_paying_for_cull_of_good_football_people_/?ref=twt

It is ridiculous. No-one has any faith in the club getting anything right these days and it is so sad. I have no sympathy for the owners or for Shebby Singh they deserve what they get.

I do have sympathy for the fans and the players though. The football club deserves better than this but you struggle to see how that is going to happen in this set up.

When Steve Kean went, Venkys and Shebby Singh should have gone with him.

Sky must be freezing cold by now, camped outside Ewood for the imminent announcement!

Another 5 weeks and the transfer window will be long closed.

What a bunch of idiots!

Perhaps they are edging their bets on capturing the second coming on film, The man of all things wholesome and honest in the football world Mr Steve Kean, nothing would surprise me at the moment

Well i don't want to say i told you so Lechuck but i think the right decision has been made regarding Berg, Who replaces him is survive or bust as far as i'm concerned.

My Manager Shortlist

1. Mark Hughes - even if its a deal to the end of the year and both parties can walk away.

2. Bernd Schuster - would have been an amazing choice first time round, with mcdonald english speaking as an assistant it would be perfect.

3. Ricardo Moniz - Did well at Red Bull and is a former Spurs skills coach under Martin Jol,.Loves to play a passing game which Balaji loves.Would leave Fenervacos for us! Would dowell with an Alan Irvine figure.

4. Simon Grayson - A former player with passion this time. Record speaks for itself.

5. Billy Davies - Will and has done previously turned sinking ships around.

6 Sean O'Driscoll I'd take him as a short term option to steady us a bit.

No Excuses this is doable! Ali, Brown or Mcdonald as manager is the easy way out and will kill us.

Meanwhile, the appointment of Blackburn's new coaching team is on hold as a simmering boardroom battle at Ewood Park threatens to escalate into all-out civil war.

The club's global advisor Shebby Singh and managing director Derek Shaw have been at odds since Singh's arrival in the summer, and Shaw has flown to India to urge the club's owners Venky's to ditch the flamboyant Malaysian following this week's sacking of manager Henning Berg.

Singh is said to be unperturbed by events but the plan to install Kevin MacDonald as head coach alongside Judan Ali cannot proceed without Shaw approving the contracts. Ali was at the club's Brockhall training ground on Friday and MacDonald expects to join him even though he is understood to have reservations about the arrangement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2254390/Ronaldinho-make-film-Blackburn-owners-

@paddywalsh12: Turns out its Kevin MacDonald and Judan Ali Singh is with at The French in Manchester. Done deal? #rovers #BRFC

Part of The Midland Hotel, Manchester and would make sense as only just over an hour's drive to Barnsley.

Would have hoped less prying eyes than the usual Northcote / Stanley House.

Meanwhile, the appointment of Blackburn's new coaching team is on hold as a simmering boardroom battle at Ewood Park threatens to escalate into all-out civil war.

The club's global advisor Shebby Singh and managing director Derek Shaw have been at odds since Singh's arrival in the summer, and Shaw has flown to India to urge the club's owners Venky's to ditch the flamboyant Malaysian following this week's sacking of manager Henning Berg.

Singh is said to be unperturbed by events but the plan to install Kevin MacDonald as head coach alongside Judan Ali cannot proceed without Shaw approving the contracts. Ali was at the club's Brockhall training ground on Friday and MacDonald expects to join him even though he is understood to have reservations about the arrangement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2254390/Ronaldinho-make-film-Blackburn-owners-

Looks like they forgot to mention somebody else in that story, been the mo recently somebody letting Shaw front whilst they work away in the background keeping their name out of it, wonder where they are getting the stories from?

@paddywalsh12: Turns out its Kevin MacDonald and Judan Ali Singh is with at The French in Manchester. Done deal? #rovers #BRFC

Sounds entirely plausible John.

I'm not sure why any of us think that Venkys will hads learnt their lesson?

It's classic family firm tactics:

1) Decide on a change which fits with family politics

2) Allow news to leak out early

3) Ride out the shitstorm, issuing woolly denials, if necessary via organisation management (henchmen)

4) Make the planned change

5) Sell the change as a massive positive

6) Wonder why everyone's upset - it's not like it was a secret

7) Carry on as normal, business as usual

What an absolutely keaned up basket case of a football club we are. They must stay awake at night working out ways that they can rid the club of another couple of thousand fans.

I almost don't care if this latest twitter rumour is true or not.

keanstards.

So it looks like it's going to be MacDonald? Interesting that Shebby said the new 'coach' would be coming in and not 'manager'. MacDonald's premier league experience is managing a team in a caretaker role and by the looks of it his record is shocking.

League One here we come! :brfc:

Our hopes lie with dithery Derek persuading madam to fire Shabby the clown.

When they came for the corner shops and newsagents,

I didn't speak out because I wasn't a small business owner.

Then they came for the community centres and working men's clubs, and pubs,

I didn't speak out because I liked to keep myself to myself.

Then they bought their way into the upper echelons of our society, buying citizenship and privilege.

I didn't speak out because I thought no-one would listen.

Then they bought those national industries our fathers had relied on to give work,

I didn't speak out because I already had a good job in a 'service' industry.

Then they came for the Rovers, with no conception that they were buying a heart and soul and decades of loyalty,

And we did speak out, but most people had already turned away from our 'old fashioned' traditions of loyalty and community, so they reviled us and blamed us, or said we were racist.

And soon no-one will be left to stop the rot.

Blackburn Rovers are a club at war - with calls for global advisor Shebby Singh to go as their managerial search turns to farce.

Rovers managing director Derek Shaw flew to Venkys HQ in India for a personal summit with owner Mrs Anuradha Desai to ask for Singh to be fired.

Former TV pundit Singh has sacked Henning Berg just ten games after hiring him and is now looking for a successor with a faltering bid to land Kevin MacDonald.

Shaw - the former Preston chairman - feels Singh is making wrong and expensive decisions and asked to see Mrs Desai to voice his concerns.

It is a last-ditch attempt by Shaw to get some power at the club, backed by warnings that they face major financial peril if Singh carries on in charge.

Singh fell out badly with former boss Steve Kean who has just cost Rovers around £1.2 million by winning a legal fight for a settlement on his contract.

Kean cited interference in transfer matters by Singh and Mrs Desai settled for giving him a pay-off rather than going to court.

Singh has also spent fortunes on agents fees for a handful of Portuguese players and sanctioned big-money salaries for record buy Jordan Rhodes and veteran captures Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu.

Blackburn are currently running at a loss of around £2 million a month, with Venkys down to pick up the tab for the free-spending regime.

Meanwhile the chase for MacDonald has also been dogged by Singh’s intervention. The Malaysian wants to bring unknown coach Judan Ali on to the staff along with the respected Scot.

MacDonald wants to bring in his own team and does not want to have Ali foisted on him. It is an argument that may stop the appointment.

Rovers go to Barnsley today with a new-look management team, with long-serving David Dunn and Murphy involved in the set-up along with reserves team boss Gary Bowyer.

When Berg left he took three backroom men with him, so Rovers were farcyically running around for a goalkeeping coach for the game yesterday.

Archived