BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

@#/? joke this is. Forest sack O Driscoll and immediately appoint an experienced guy in Mcleish. We sack Berg, and we have a numpty in Shebby Singh, stating that an appointment is not imminent. The transfer window is around the corner, and we will most likely be the laughing stock of the window again. Has this clown not learned anything from his previous mistake. I can't take this @#/? anymore, and I'm thinking that many others have now called it a day

We could do a lot worse than O Driscoll at this point as well imo. Whether he would be a big enough name to impress our big time charlie bunch of players is another matter.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checking the odds and see that Ali is now 2nd favourite to become manager.

Singh is 6th whilst Maradona and Nuno Gomez make the 'top 20'.

Just underlines how far the credibility of the club has fallen.

Interesting - posted a few days ago that I thought Coyle would be our next manager based upon a couple of things that I'd heard.

Like Hughes, he has a team, including goalie coach, ready to roll.

If you have a few quid left over from Christmas then well worth a flutter at 25/1

I wouldn't bother...my Dad was on a train with him from London a before Berg was appointed. He had a chat with him and casually asked if he'd be interested in it...as well as saying it would be world war 3 between him and venkys, there were a couple of expletives added in before it too :)

Did Shebby Singh confirm with Balaji Rao before running his mouth off on tv? Asians are well aware of how he goes about in his interviews!

Retweeted by Northern Rover
Expand

Am hearing from tweets to me that Shebby Singh has come on skysports and said its made up. Well I can't help it if he isn't in the loop!

Retweeted by Northern Rover
Expand

Kamy's just retweeted the above 2 tweets from the author of the goal.com article. Knowing who to believe in all this is impossible when we're dealing with compulsive liars!

Just checking the odds and see that Ali is now 2nd favourite to become manager.

Singh is 6th whilst Maradona and Nuno Gomez make the 'top 20'.

Just underlines how far the credibility of the club has fallen.

Spot on Mercer, Ali 2nd Fav? what a complete fooking farce, even the bookies think the idiots in Pune are daft enough to appoint that guy......

20yrs to build, 18 months to knock down, You're a keaning disgrace Venkys.

A sensible appointment at this point would be someone with at least Championship managerial experience (who had been successful at that level) and who would be a strong character that the players will respect and who would be able to stamp their own authority on things. This is something that is worth spending money on, given the ultimate rewards it may reap. It probably won't happen though, sigh. :(

I wouldn't bother...my Dad was on a train with him from London a before Berg was appointed. He had a chat with him and casually asked if he'd be interested in it...as well as saying it would be world war 3 between him and venkys, there were a couple of expletives added in before it too :)

Just like Berg did !!!

Don't be fooled, these guys play their cards very close to their chest.

Guest Wen Y Hu
"We have not been doing well and dropping points and losing matches quite often. I want to go up." - Balaji Rao.

"Balaji Rao said they have not firmed up on Berg's replacement. Assistant manager Eric Black will handle the team, at least for the time being, he added."

I have always asserted that Venky's can't be that stupid, to @#/? up an investment in the manner which they have, without having other ulterior motives for doing so - they are supposed to be business people after all. I still think there are 'darker forces at work' but not in the sense Jerome Anderson inferred.

But, maybe they are really just clueless keaners!? Bilaji is quoted saying this stuff an hour ago most of us knew yesterday Black had got the axe too. @#/? idiot!!

Times of India article published today at 12:52 (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/Blackburn-Rovers-sack-manager-Henning-Berg/articleshow/17787468.cms)

Just to point out that the online article is merely the posting in electronic format of the original article published on Thursday morning in the printed newspaper. The article was not available electronically when it was published in print.

The fact that Balaji was stating that Black would be looking after team affairs suggests to me, as I wrote on Thursday morning, that the interview with the TOI was carried out before the end of the Boro match and possibly earlier in the day, even.

I'm honestly at a loss what Rovers provide Venkys.. why won't they sell up and @#/? off

To sell requires a buyer.

And by sell I mean someone who is prepared to pay a realistic asking price not merelysome group or organisation who expect you to give the Club away.

Just like Berg did !!!

Don't be fooled, these guys play their cards very close to their chest.

Yep, a million quid a year can over-ride a lot of principles.

Especially when you're out of work.

Spot on Mercer, Ali 2nd Fav? what a complete fooking farce, even the bookies think the idiots in Pune are daft enough to appoint that guy......

20yrs to build, 18 months to knock down, You're a keaning disgrace Venkys.

It's already been played down, he's only at Ewood as a guest.

Regarding Shaw (in particular) going to Pune. Anyone who has had any dealings with this guy will know he is a fair few sandwiches short of a picnic. And drinks and cutlery. Looking to him as some sort of shining light in amongst the increasing darkness is absolutely laughable. We are owned and managed by total incompetents and I don't use the word lightly.

Like most things with Rovers these days, it's just a case of the lesser of two (or more) evils.....like when Shebby Singh first arrived and people were just happy that you-know-who wasn't running the show anymore.....and how he would be talking to the owners and not Kean.........or playing Lowe over Etuhu.

My Villa relatives have told me MacDonald is a very good coach who commanded the respect of the players and was instrumental in bringing through a lot of their youth players.......they said he did a good job as caretaker whilst Houllier was ill and a fair few of them wanted him to get the job full-time before McLeish.

I just said it will be Shebby Singh calling the shots so it doesn't matter too much who the coaches are, we're still not gonna win games.

It's already been played down, he's only at Ewood as a guest.

Yes I saw that, but the point I was making was that the bookies think we 'Could' make him manager, which is bonkers but shows what a bunch of idiots we have in charge.

Ok that bloke from Goal has hinted heavily that the person being named tomorrow has previous PL experience as opposed to coach and he is bringing an entire back room staff with him. Whilst conducting the interview Balaji stated that he had just returned from the UK having finalised the deal with our new manager.

Ok that bloke from Goal has hinted heavily that the person being named tomorrow has previous PL experience as opposed to coach and he is bringing an entire back room staff with him. Whilst conducting the interview Balaji stated that he had just returned from the UK having finalised the deal with our new manager.

Do you have full confidence in believing it though.

I think we should just wait and see. Spend time with the family. IF Venky's are so daft that they appoint someone who won't have a chance to guide us to the top flight, they will lose a lot of money themselves.....The decision to remove all of the staff should had been done before and Berg was only here on a rolling contract for them to see IF he could succed. He was the ONLY manager to accept that and thats why he got the job. Venky's did a big mistake but now they know they need to bring in a whole setup of manager and coaches and if they fail, then they fail big time.

My guess would be that a new coach (MacDonald) will be appointed tomorrow but the new manager won't. I suspect the confusion between the term manager and coach is why balaji and Singh are giving conflicting reports. MacDonald and an experienced manager would be a good move. MacDonald as head coach with no experienced manager would be a terrible move.

I would take Coyle. That is how low our expectations are now that we'd consider Coyle a decent appointment. actually think he would do quite well here though. Did a good job at Burnley and suffered badly at Bolton when his best players got injured.

And which out of work managers, other than Hughes who it is not, have "an entire back room staff"

Twohat singh said on ssn it's a load of old bo****cks.So my question is who do you belive?

Archived